Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 496897 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1120 on: August 05, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

No... it arrives on September 14... whatever the release date says, that's when the store HAS them in their hands... When I used to be dying for my Marvel/Spider-man video games, it said the release date, I'd call the store on that day and they said they'd have them by noon or 1 o' clock...

No. It SHIPS then. I don't care what you've heard. September 14th is a Sunday. Stores put out new games, movies, etc. on Tuesdays. September 16th is a Tuesday.

Check for yourself: http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62947&v=rbs_rock_the_game_rock_band_2
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1121 on: August 05, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »

Im not talking about when the stores have them

I mean when will the game be sent to whatever factory and be mass produced? cuz chances are decent that someone may leak the song then

Usually 1 month prior to the games' release, so in this case around August 16th.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1122 on: August 05, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »

No... it arrives on September 14... whatever the release date says, that's when the store HAS them in their hands... When I used to be dying for my Marvel/Spider-man video games, it said the release date, I'd call the store on that day and they said they'd have them by noon or 1 o' clock...

No. It SHIPS then. I don't care what you've heard. September 14th is a Sunday. Stores put out new games, movies, etc. on Tuesdays. September 16th is a Tuesday.

Check for yourself: http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62947&v=rbs_rock_the_game_rock_band_2

Trust me... It'll be AVAILABLE that day...

Rock Band 2 is a huge game... sometimes they gave big games special release days like sunday...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1123 on: August 06, 2008, 03:01:41 AM »

Alright dude, whatever.
But I'm a little worried about the song leaking early. I know someone will gank the game early and put it online.

Hopefully GNR will put on iTunes or something soon, otherwise they'll miss out on some money and people won't hear the song in it's
intended quality. It'll probably be some crappy audio rip posted on YouTube or something.

And I really hope it doesn't go down like that. That'd be messed up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1124 on: August 06, 2008, 06:35:01 AM »

From someone who worked in video game retail (oh so long ago) and is a very frequent "visitor" and friend to all our local gamestop folks, I can tell you this:

It largely depends.

For many games, you're right.  The "release date" is actually the ship date, and the game becomes available (I'm talking stateside...don't know about everywhere else) the NEXT day in stores.

For the big, high profile games (Halo 3, for example)...not so much.  The publisher makes sure stuff ships early so the games are actually IN STORE on the release date.  I can tell you that our local gamestop will be selling Rock Band 2 for Xbox 360 at midnight (I think, officially, it's 12:01) on Sunday, September 14th.  They're already hyping the event in store.

Oh, and yes...the big games have taken to releasing on the weekends.  Guitar Hero: Aerosmith also just released (and I picked it up, so I can vouch for it being IN store) on a Sunday.

On to the original question:  Games can "go gold" and head out for pressing anywhere from 30 days to 2 weeks prior to release.  The higher profile titles tend to go out farther from the release date so they can actually produce more of them, get them packaged, etc.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:36:55 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #1125 on: August 06, 2008, 06:38:53 AM »

What does ballsy mean?

Courageous, tough, intense.  In short, everything we've come to expect from GNR.   ok
Thanx! ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1126 on: August 06, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »

OK, its almost a month away and still we don't know 'officially' whether the tune is going to be available
on itunes, also if and when the album is going to be released.

Past history says not to get your hopes up with GNR. I don't think I'm being out of order or too melodramatic by saying that. 

Maybe Jarmo or Mysteron could help set our expectations, what we should and shouldn't expect in the build up to the release of the video game.

If the song is scheduled to be released on the album I would prefer to buy it as part of the album not as an I Tunes single. But if we're still in for a wait on the album then I will download from I tunes. So it'd be cool if we could get a feeling for the timeframes involved before the release of the track. And I do feel this scenario is diffrent, because unlike the previous 'tentative' date we are finally getting some official product so to speak.

Here today...ready to rock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1127 on: August 06, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

Mysteron, are there any updates on when Shacklers will be avalible on Itunes etc? I mean, for people who dont have Xbox, and not into playing that kind of games.. I dont want to download this song illegal. Are there any chances you can get the tune on GN`R website or something.. ?

And one more thing.. I guess it will take time untill rockband 2 arrives to Europe, like the first Rock band.. Will the US hear the song before the rest of the world?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1128 on: August 06, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »

well to answer the question in the way i think mysteron would.  i don't think he can say anything more than he has said at this moment in time (whether he knows or not)  And when rockband was first announced it was supposed to be a world wide release date but for some reason US is the only one on track as the rest of the world has been delayed.  I would imagine that this will be a single gnr's management are not stupid enough to just release a track on a game and not as a song available on its own merits as that's just asking for illegal downloads.  Im sure it will be availiable to download when the game is out if not a bit before.  However as we know with gnr nothing is always easy so you will just have to sit back and wait and see.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1129 on: August 06, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »

I hope they make it available as a single and not try to make people have to buy something with ALL the RB2 tracks on it in order to get this one song.  That'd just be asking for illegal downloads too.  Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1130 on: August 06, 2008, 04:29:36 PM »

Mysteron, are there any updates on when Shacklers will be avalible on Itunes etc? I mean, for people who dont have Xbox, and not into playing that kind of games.. I dont want to download this song illegal. Are there any chances you can get the tune on GN`R website or something.. ?

And one more thing.. I guess it will take time untill rockband 2 arrives to Europe, like the first Rock band.. Will the US hear the song before the rest of the world?

All we need is just a little impatience  hihi

There are no updates yet
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1131 on: August 06, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

There are no updates yet

Ok, fair enough ok
Just hoping it will be avalible other places then on the game.

Heading for the mountains for about 4 days now.. Hope to get som distance..  hihi
NO NEWS BEFORE IM BACK!!! OK?  rant
 peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1132 on: August 06, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »

There are no updates yet

So near yet so far

Is life busy in the GNR camp?

Here today...ready to rock
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1133 on: August 06, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »

I'd imagine we'll see a single released at the end of this month. Giving people a chance to familiarise themselves with the song before playing the game. I can see a release date for CD coming out very soon after the game release

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1134 on: August 06, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »

Alot of gaming news sites as well as online pre-order places have the game pushed back by a month for each platform now.

The first one (Xbox360) is listed as October 19 on many sites.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1135 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »

Alot of gaming news sites as well as online pre-order places have the game pushed back by a month for each platform now.

That's for the Rock Band 2 BUNDLE. The game only ships on September 14th. And Xbox 360 has a 1 month period of exclusivity over the other consoles.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1136 on: August 06, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »

That's for the Rock Band 2 BUNDLE. The game only ships on September 14th. And Xbox 360 has a 1 month period of exclusivity over the other consoles.

The game only is listed as such on many sites as well. The Xbox is listed as Oct 19 with the other consoles listed as November.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1137 on: August 06, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »

The game only is listed as such on many sites as well. The Xbox is listed as Oct 19 with the other consoles listed as November.

Don't know what sites you're lookin' at.....

Link 1: http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62947&v=rbs_rock_the_game_rock_band_2
Link 2: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71886
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1138 on: August 07, 2008, 02:42:19 AM »

October 19th is the ps3 version. Xbox 360 is coming out September 12th
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1139 on: August 07, 2008, 02:46:27 AM »

October 19th is the ps3 version. Xbox 360 is coming out September 12th

The voice of reason around here.