Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 496995 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1060 on: July 27, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »

Taken from an OXM podcast:

Axl Rose and AC/DC came in to play Rock Band while considering licensing.

What does this mean? The deal is not final yet?

It was announced by Microsoft, Harmonix, and Guns N' Roses that the song will be in the game.
It means that Axl and members of AC/DC came in to Harmonix offices to play the Rock Band videogame while making a decision about letting them use their songs for the game. Nothing more.

Baz said that Axl told him that "Shackler's Revenge" would be in Rock Band 2 in JUNE, so the deal has been done for awhile.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:55:22 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1061 on: July 27, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »

From mygnrforum

Taken from an OXM podcast:

Axl Rose and AC/DC came in to play Rock Band while considering licensing.

What does this mean? The deal is not final yet?

It means before the deal was made they went in and played rock band at the harmonix offices to see if they would want to license a song to it.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1062 on: July 27, 2008, 04:38:31 PM »

i wonder if they were any good at the game.  People either seem to pick it up really quickly or they don't. Would be quite funny to see a video of them playing or something as like "Rush" failed their own song from Rockband 1 after 31%

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1063 on: July 29, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

I think that means odd rhythm changes and some beeps and bloops from a synthesizer Smiley    .....in a good way....
I hope you're right, I love inventive and unexpected songs.

not that it amounts to much, but i thought about it some more and it wouldn't surprise me if this song was chosen for a couple other factors as well: perhaps it is one of the songs that Bumblefoot re-recorded a part for AND perhaps (as has been suggested many times) the Bucket / non-Robin feel to it will make it possible for them to perform on TV--with or without Robin.

I've read people saying that they think its funny that they would use a song that was largely written by Bucket who isn't in the band, and that they would now have to play it without Bucket OR Robin, etc.

but, we were told that Ron recorded some tracks, so--if this is one of them--you have a Bucket song, re-recorded by Ron, with little need for Robin to appear (should he end up not rejoining the band).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:40:14 PM by Wicked Demon » Logged
jbreezy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1064 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

This has probably been at least a two year hiatus for me as far as writing anything goes.   But you have a really valid point with that argument.   I've been checking this site religiously since the beginning.  What is happening right now in our little GNR world that we all share is truly incredible, and to me inspiring.   Fuck Yeah, long live GNR    I'll be here since the beginning and I'll be here til the end.  Thank you JArmo for everything you have given us.....thank you

"Look up at me, you see a God.
Look down on me, you see a fool.
Look straight at me, you see yourself."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1065 on: July 30, 2008, 08:54:14 AM »

I wasn't able to see it at all because I was leaving for work, but the Today show was doing some sort of Rockband 2 demo. It showed a few of the host playing the instruments. I'm sure GnR will get some mention, but here's to hoping we get a 5 second clip of Shacklers Revenge.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1066 on: July 30, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »

Is the speculative consensus largely support GN'R releasing a Shacklers single around the same time RockBand comes out?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1067 on: July 30, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »

well it would make sense if they were to do it that way.  If they release this on the game and no single or album or even an announcement about what is to happen comes out from this then i would say it looks like we were still a long way off from CD being released.

Lets hope it does not happen that way though and we will find out some crucial information in the next few weeks.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1068 on: July 30, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »

This has probably been at least a two year hiatus for me as far as writing anything goes.   But you have a really valid point with that argument.   I've been checking this site religiously since the beginning.  What is happening right now in our little GNR world that we all share is truly incredible, and to me inspiring.   Fuck Yeah, long live GNR    I'll be here since the beginning and I'll be here til the end.  Thank you JArmo for everything you have given us.....thank you

you can tell with all your posts; I mean your post hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1069 on: July 31, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »

Is the speculative consensus largely support GN'R releasing a Shacklers single around the same time RockBand comes out?

Thats what my personal hope/guess supports.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1070 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

Me too, but it'd be wiser to be 'round the beginning of September because you know that someone's going to get the game early or steal a copy from the factory.

As much as I'd like to hear the song early from YouTube, a high quality mp3/m4a would be much nicer.  hihi
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1071 on: July 31, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »

Me too, but it'd be wiser to be 'round the beginning of September because you know that someone's going to get the game early or steal a copy from the factory.

As much as I'd like to hear the song early from YouTube, a high quality mp3/m4a would be much nicer.  hihi

My honest to God guess is that they will debut the song live at the VMAs then it'll be on the radio the week after.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1072 on: July 31, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »

My honest to God guess is that they will debut the song live at the VMAs then it'll be on the radio the week after.

One could only hope.  nervous Smiley
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1073 on: July 31, 2008, 01:25:00 AM »

Any word on this song being a single or GN'R possibly being on the VMA's MYSTERON!?!?!?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1074 on: July 31, 2008, 09:14:22 AM »

Any word on this song being a single or GN'R possibly being on the VMA's MYSTERON!?!?!?

Last time Mysteron posted he told us that he was saying all he could at the time. I'm hoping he'll have more to tell us sooner then later!

beer

DemocracyRose
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:39 AM »

Maybe BurningHills can tell us. He is working on a radio-station. New singles will arrive some time before its release date(I guees)...
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2008, 07:09:13 AM »

Despite having some great potential singles out there (The Blues, Better, IRS...)[btw-- I love all the new songs... just listing more likely singles], Gn'R decided to make a new song their first single; it was wise, cool and just awesome Cheesy I can't wait...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »

Maybe BurningHills can tell us. He is working on a radio-station. New singles will arrive some time before its release date(I guees)...
I think he is at a Country Station. or Maybe he was...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1078 on: August 01, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »

Hit 'em up.

I played RB1 the other day and totally freaked thinking how hard it would be to follow Brain's drumming on that game!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2008, 11:52:14 PM »

When and If Guns N' Roses premiere their new video for Schacklers Revenge do you think they will premiere it on that MTV show FN'MTV ?  I can't stand pete wentz, I also don't see Axl going on the show either.  Just thought maybe for promotion aspect of it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: