Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497010 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1040 on: July 24, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »

It's almost august and we'll hear shacklers on RB2 in mid/late sep the latest.
whatever uzi's friend heard doesn't change this.

And turn the number 8 on it's side and that means infinity.

lazy 8.  ok and honeybees and jim morrison  dance in figure of 8.

i think you guys are goin a bit far now, i was jus kiddin with my coment....................honest  confused

anyway, isnt it in china that the number 8 is meant to be lucky an that someone payed millions for the number plate 8 for their car

and phone  numbers with 8 are extremely popular over there so I heard on a telly.
Don't worry that's not because of your comment.
We are just on about fun facts. It seems as if the lucky number is following GNR.

Rock Band 2, song number 24; 2+2+4 = 8 Hooray!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:10:15 PM by ppbebe » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1041 on: July 24, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

either way we'll hear the real song very soon so it's nothing to do with pessimism.

People keep saying this. I mean I know we've waited a long time, but 2 months is quite a long time.

I'm really hoping the waits not even that long. I'm really hoping the single is on the radio weeks before Rock Band 2.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1042 on: July 24, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »

I'm really hoping the waits not even that long. I'm really hoping the single is on the radio weeks before Rock Band 2.

Yes, me too. It would seem likely if the album is coming this year.

(*Speculation* of course) If a single were to come mid-August, then that'd give it a 3 month full promotion window to mid-November when the album could be released deliciously before the holiday rush. We'd all certainly buy it right away, then September more people would buy it because of RB2, all building up to the release...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1043 on: July 24, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »

It goes to show that if a bunch of computer programmers have heard the song at Harminix, chances are it will leak somehow.  Those who have heard it says it sounds great, very poppy and definitely GNR.  If I were working in Marketing for Rock Band, I'd definitely leak the track a few weeks before the release to garner promotion for the game. 

Either way, I'll be very surprised if the first time I hear Shackler's Revenge is when playing the actual game. 

Cheers,

ANdrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1044 on: July 24, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »

isn't it a must that people are familiar with the song beforehand. Otherwise how are they going to sing it, they need to be familiar with the lyrics and melody.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1045 on: July 24, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »

What was it like with motleys new song?

Those who have heard it says it sounds great, very poppy and definitely GNR.

and different with crazy guitars.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1046 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »

Rock Games Battle for Bands
After "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band" grossed nearly $1 billion in 2007, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Guns n' Roses and the Who took note.

Gn'R are debuting "Shackler's Revenge," a song from the endlessly awaited Chinese Democracy, as part of this fall's Rock Band 2; Metallica are making their new album, Death Magnetic, available for play on Guitar Hero the same day it's released in stores and on iTunes; and Hendrix-estate conservator Janie Hendrix tells Rolling Stone that some of Jimi's greatest hits will soon be on Guitar Hero.

Link: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/21896070/rock_games_battle_for_bands

While it's certainly not "new" news, this is proof of the wise management team that Gn'R has. This is one step, but proof that Gn'R will be ahead of the curve in a changing music industry. Bodes very well for the success of "Chinese Democracy" and for the future of Guns N' Roses.

Awesome stuff Azoff & Gould, keep it up!

Jada
« Reply #1047 on: July 25, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »

isn't it a must that people are familiar with the song beforehand. Otherwise how are they going to sing it, they need to be familiar with the lyrics and melody.

Are there secret or unlockable songs in RB2? Maybe they think that people won't be able to unlock the song in less than a month.  Grin If so, they could release the single in September or even later.

The contract might say something about this too (money, money, money... and also exposure). So maybe the song is really going to "debut" on RB2 and is going to be used as a single afterwards. If they decide they want it to be the first one.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1048 on: July 25, 2008, 05:27:53 AM »

Are there secret or unlockable songs in RB2? Maybe they think that people won't be able to unlock the song in less than a month.  Grin If so, they could release the single in September or even later.

The contract might say something about this too (money, money, money... and also exposure). So maybe the song is really going to "debut" on RB2 and is going to be used as a single afterwards. If they decide they want it to be the first one.

Not going to happen ,
Think about it , Gnr will want to capitalize on the publicity that they will get with the release of their first song of chinese democracy...

They arent going to let rockband2 steal that away from them,

Yes of course harmonix will be/are getting publicity for this,

But I see guns n roses releasing this as a single a week or 2 before the game hits shelves,

I very much doubt it will debut soley on rockband2 first, I mean, it will be uploaded on youtube in under 10 minutes once the game is released...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #1049 on: July 25, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »

Not going to happen ,
Think about it , Gnr will want to capitalize on the publicity that they will get with the release of their first song of chinese democracy...

They arent going to let rockband2 steal that away from them,

Yes of course harmonix will be/are getting publicity for this,

But I see guns n roses releasing this as a single a week or 2 before the game hits shelves,

I very much doubt it will debut solely on rockband2 first, I mean, it will be uploaded on youtube in under 10 minutes once the game is released...

This has been discussed back and forth, but since we keep coming back to it, and people are getting their hopes up for a single release in the very near future: it makes most sense for both parties for the song to debut on the game. Harmonix/EA isn't "stealing" anything from Guns.

Harmonix gets to brag that they get to debut the first Guns single off Chinese Democracy.

GNR get to brag that they're "headlining" what will surely be one of the best selling games of the year. (I say "headlining," because "Shackler's Revenge" was pushed harder by Harmonix than any other RB2 artist, or Guitar Hero exclusive artist, for that matter.)

Release the song early, and you blow the promotional cache of both of those. Yes, the GNR fanbase will get familiar with the tune so we can sing along on day one of the RB release, but you lose the mystique which has been so carefully cultivated up till now. As many of you point out, this is a masterstroke by the new Guns management, and they will surely want to stretch it for all it's worth.

There is really no higher profile promotion right now. I made the joke that only a co-headlining tour with Led Zep would be bigger news - but that really isn't a joke. Axl could come out today, announce the release date for CD and a tour to support it, and it would not make as big a splash as Rock Band.

Withholding a single release of Shackler's Revenge until after the RB2 debut works best for both parties. This is not to the detriment of Guns.

The song will probably leak (as most things do, in this digital age) as soon as Rock Band 2 goes gold and leaves Harmonix for mass production. And (as others have pointed out) it makes sense to hit iTunes concurrently with or shortly after RB2's release, since the track will be pulled off the game and thrown all over internet. But don't expect an official release before the game drops.

I want to hear it as much as anyone else. But we've waited this long, we might as well wait a little longer, and let it be done right.

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1050 on: July 25, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »

I understand your point, but I think you're off.

The Harmonix guys don't have exclusivity, which is very telling. If they did, then that'd be that. GN'R would get an extra chunk of change for the deal, then we'd get a release after the game hits. But there is no exclusivity contract, which leads me to believe that GN'R has different plans.

An early iTunes release would satiate the hardcore fanbase, while get some buzz out on major news sites. Casual fans would be pretty much oblivious to the song, which is why it makes such sense for it to be in the game. People will buy Rock Band 2 because they like Rock Band 1 or the Guitar Hero series. Maybe people are stubborn and refuse to listen to a "14 year in the making" album, so this is a good way to bring in casual fans as well as those that have gone astray. Then those new fans and interested parties could download the song through the Rock Band 2 game. Many have done this and it's proven as a more financially successful venue for some bands.

And like I said before, if the album is coming this year, then a single in August would make sense. It'd start the promotion for the album and give it a big, full 3-month promotion window for release in November before Black Friday and the holiday rush.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1051 on: July 25, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

Better not be too knowitall, Or you might look silly later. Some might owe uzi apologies.

We'lll hear about the itune release etc, really soon too as Mysteron says

I hope sometime soon someone (Mysteron, cough, cough) will confirm whether or not we can download the song off iTunes, Amazon, etc. come September.   ok

Ali

I cannot answer that at this precise moment.

I am sure someone, beit me or someone else, will address this in the coming weeks

I like jada's idea. Imagine the excitement of getting the game and then the agony of not getting the song unlocked. hihi

Shackler's revenge should be slow but sure.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1052 on: July 25, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, I'm just explaining why it makes sense to me. Can't a girl share her opinion these days?  Undecided Kiss
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: July 25, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, I'm just explaining why it makes sense to me. Can't a girl share her opinion these days?  Undecided Kiss
My post wasn't aimed at anyone particular but if you think that applys to you....be a good girl, mate.  Kiss

anyhoo in metallica's case
Metallica are making their new album, Death Magnetic, available for play on Guitar Hero the same day it's released in stores and on iTunes
Link: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/21896070/rock_games_battle_for_bands

and wall street journal says
MTV, for its part, has started making a bigger push to capitalize on the public awareness of new music releases by making downloadable Rock Band versions of songs available on the same day the traditional versions are released on CDs and iTunes.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121487474239618065.html

so I suppose it isn't always a must that people are familiar with the song beforehand.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1054 on: July 25, 2008, 07:43:17 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackler%27s_Revenge
There's a wiki for the song now. Nothing new, but it's there.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #1055 on: July 26, 2008, 06:27:07 AM »

So when do u think we will hear this song on the radio??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: July 26, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »

So when do u think we will hear this song on the radio??

I'm still hoping for the second or third week of August, but who knows.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1057 on: July 27, 2008, 05:53:51 AM »

From mygnrforum

Taken from an OXM podcast:

Axl Rose and AC/DC came in to play Rock Band while considering licensing.

What does this mean? The deal is not final yet?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1058 on: July 27, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »

probably just means before they started negotiating with Harmonix they were playing rock band in the waiting room
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:40:39 AM by w.axl.rose » Logged
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1059 on: July 27, 2008, 07:21:06 AM »

yeah im guessing seen as it was so publicly announced the deal has to be final so now we just have to wait for the band to do something.

And as time has shown us they don't do much very often   hihi

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: