Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497085 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: July 20, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »

yahoo and google news say otherwise.
It's the most discussed Olympics of late.

Why does it seem that Guns N' Roses attracts fans with learning disabilities and mental disorders?
Either way, reading isn't that difficult folks.

Elaborate.
For instance, russtcb himself isn't claiming anything special about the olympics or August to my understanding.
Maybe reading is difficult?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1001 on: July 20, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »

yahoo and google news say otherwise.
It's the most discussed Olympics of late.

Why does it seem that Guns N' Roses attracts fans with learning disabilities and mental disorders?

Elaborate.

I, like pretty much all of us hear (save maybe Mysteron) don't know what's happening GNR wise in August. If they start advertising and it coincides with the Olympics... great. If they wait til a few weeks later... great.

My point was that it was MSL who was putting the rumors out there of something starting around 8.8.8 to coincide with Olympics.
For instance, russtcb himself isn't claiming anything special about the olympics or August to my understanding.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1002 on: July 20, 2008, 04:06:12 PM »

08.08.08..................MMmmm wasnt the number on the back of the GNR football jerseys 8 under ROSE.............is it a sign.................nah!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Olorin
« Reply #1003 on: July 20, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »

I was actually hoping he would elaborate on his dismay of Guns N' Roses attracting people with learning difficulties and mental disorders, not the rumours on the Olympic Games/release date. Smiley

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1004 on: July 20, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »

08.08.08..................MMmmm wasnt the number on the back of the GNR football jerseys 8 under ROSE.............is it a sign.................nah!

I always have figured the 8 stood for the band members, myself.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1005 on: July 20, 2008, 06:17:42 PM »

I was actually hoping he would elaborate on his dismay of Guns N' Roses attracting people with learning difficulties and mental disorders, not the rumours on the Olympic Games/release date. Smiley

Actually I was more talking directly about those with avatars of wizardfolk.  hihi

No, In all seriousness, it was just an observation. Not directed at anyone really, more-so the "reading" part than anything. A couple of times recently, people haven't cared to read or comprehend what they've read and it's produced a bunch of squabbles. Like for example, instead of asking analytical questions "what did you mean about that?", etc., people more often than not seem to get angry and retaliate without asking those questions. Thus my comment. It seems unnecessary to me.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

Actually I was more talking directly about those with avatars of wizardfolk.  hihi

No, In all seriousness, it was just an observation. Not directed at anyone really, more-so the "reading" part than anything. A couple of times recently, people haven't cared to read or comprehend what they've read and it's produced a bunch of squabbles. Like for example, instead of asking analytical questions "what did you mean about that?", etc., people more often than not seem to get angry and retaliate without asking those questions. Thus my comment. It seems unnecessary to me.

Excuse me, but what exactly are you trying to say?

hihi

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Olorin
« Reply #1007 on: July 21, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »

Well I have a neurological disorder called Autism Spectrum Disorder and I am also dyslexic with slight dyspraxia.
I am more than capable of reading and comprehending what yourself, and others, write here or anywhere. So please next time you feel like vaguely and randomly belittling people you decide havnt took the time to read previous posts, try show a little more consideration and thoughtfulness.

And do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger ok
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #1008 on: July 21, 2008, 12:08:15 PM »

Shacklers Revenge.......hmmmm.........has anyone worked out the title yet.......?

Anyone?......

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:12:35 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1009 on: July 21, 2008, 12:19:11 PM »

Shacklers Revenge.......hmmmm.........has anyone worked out the title yet.......?

Anyone?......

i think it has to do with a "prisoner" (one who is shackled up, or in one of those medivel wooden trap things that hold your arms and head, while pesents throw tomatoes at you) who is getting revenge on his tormentor or who ever is imprisoning them. just my first thoughts about it

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #1010 on: July 21, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »

Well I have a neurological disorder called Autism Spectrum Disorder and I am also dyslexic with slight dyspraxia.
I am more than capable of reading and comprehending what yourself, and others, write here or anywhere. So please next time you feel like vaguely and randomly belittling people you decide havnt took the time to read previous posts, try show a little more consideration and thoughtfulness.

The first time that MrBucketfoot came to my attention, it was because I noticed that he had a bad habit of condescendingly calling any person that didn't agree with his opinions a "monkey". And, as someone that's actually part primate, that really rubbed me the wrong way.  Angry
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1011 on: July 21, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »

Anyone?......

Here's a list of all possible anagrams.

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=Shacklers+Revenge&t=1000

Don't thank me.  Wink
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1012 on: July 21, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »

No, he was born in 1962, so it stands for him being born 8 years before the glorious '70s began.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1013 on: July 21, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »

So are we gonna hear more next week I assume about Schacklers Revenge being offered as a single, Itunes, download Huh I hope so cause all this excitement is getting to me.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1014 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »

No, he was born in 1962, so it stands for him being born 8 years before the glorious '70s began.
The 8 is for Kobe Bryant... that is the number for the Lakers he was wearing at the time... each of the GnR game jerseys were based on a real sports jersey.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1015 on: July 21, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »

Yes it'd certainly be cool to hear the song soon, but personally I think that it'll be awhile...

And do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger ok
I apologize, I could have been more considerate and thoughtful, you're right. It wasn't about anyone in the thread and it came off
as a broad slam, that wasn't my intent. I will be sure to exercise more discretion in the future, especially amongst the wizards.  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1016 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »

Elaborate.

I, like pretty much all of us hear (save maybe Mysteron) don't know what's happening GNR wise in August. If they start advertising and it coincides with the Olympics... great. If they wait til a few weeks later... great.

My point was that it was MSL who was putting the rumors out there of something starting around 8.8.8 to coincide with Olympics.

while my point was that
despite of the quoting difficulty you were having(fixed  Grin), to make out what sentences were yours was rather easy. Tongue

do you call it a rumour when you know the real origin of the story and you hear it only from them?
I saw gunns talk about the Olympics far earlier than Rockband thing came out. what if someone read one of his posts and told a friend of msl? not probable but possible.

Anyhoo the idea that something GNR may happen around 8.8.8 to coincide with Olympics is nothing new.
It was on this board as early as in 2005. or even earlier I'm not sure.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1017 on: July 22, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »

The 8 is for Kobe Bryant... that is the number for the Lakers he was wearing at the time... each of the GnR game jerseys were based on a real sports jersey.

Or, just numbers.
Humour has it 8 is the lucky number for GNR and Chinese. Cheesy

08/08/2008; 8+8+2+8=26; 2+6=8! hooray!

MTV VMA's 2008 - September 7th 2008, 9+7+2+8=26, 2+6=8!

Incidentally when the round 1, GNR started from china. (I'm not implying a tour here)
On August 14th, 2002 -  8+1+4+2+2=17, 1+7=8!

revenge= to get even
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #1018 on: July 22, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »

Or, just numbers.

Incidentally when the round 1, GNR started from china. (I'm not implying a tour here)

revenge= to get even

And turn the number 8 on it's side and that means infinity.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1019 on: July 22, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »

Or, just numbers.

revenge= to get even

And turn the number 8 on it's side and that means infinity.
i think you guys are goin a bit far now, i was jus kiddin with my coment....................honest  confused

anyway, isnt it in china that the number 8 is meant to be lucky an that someone payed millions for the number plate 8 for their car

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: