Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497545 times)
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #900 on: July 16, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »

I agree, I think this is gonna be a big band sounding song. This game alone is gonna kick ass, what a track listing. Axl's song is standing up with all these other cool bands and He's out to impress with this. What a cool way to release a single. Put it on a fucking game and get an even younger audience hooked onto the new GnR music. Axl is a genius, knew he'd do something cool like this

Very true, GN'R will want a strong impressive song tom hold its own with a tracklist like this. This is awesome, what a time to be a GN'R fan....  Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #901 on: July 16, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

I agree, I think this is gonna be a big band sounding song. This game alone is gonna kick ass, what a track listing. Axl's song is standing up with all these other cool bands and He's out to impress with this. What a cool way to release a single. Put it on a fucking game and get an even younger audience hooked onto the new GnR music. Axl is a genius, knew he'd do something cool like this

Very true, GN'R will want a strong impressive song tom hold its own with a tracklist like this. This is awesome, what a time to be a GN'R fan....  Grin

Indeed. I'm really getting excited this time. Cannot wait for this to release to radio. I'm hoping the song is on the radio by the second week of August or so.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #902 on: July 16, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »

I am not convinced that this is a prelude to a closely followed official release; it could very well be a one-off single to eat up the months before that big something. The fact that Robin is busy til the end of the year makes me think that this song will wear itself out before the album is ready though I am assuming the band will be in a position to tour very soon before/after the album release.  I really hope the plan is to release and tour as part of a coordinated blitz.

It's nice to see an update at  the official site too.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:37:47 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #903 on: July 16, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

I am sure someone, beit me or someone else, will address this in the coming weeks

So that means we will get more info from Rockband 2 or the GnR camp in the coming weeks ?

The issue of whether the new song will be released to I-Tunes or related sites will be addressed, yes.

Releasing Shackler's Revenge prior to, or on the heels of, the release of RB 2 would certainly be an incredible marketing move for the coming of Chinese Democracy.

But, I have all the confidence in the world that the GNR camp know what they are doing.

This first move was a far better move than I ever imagined.  Linking GNR to the gaming world, which appears to be bigger than MTV was in its heyday.

GNR is on the verge of becoming relevent once again now that 2-chord rock is dying down.  The timing is perfect!

Perhaps Chinese Democracy news is far bigger than anybody figured it would be.  News outlets seem to jump on every little crumb that falls from the GNR "round table".

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #904 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:51 PM »

While awesome and very exciting for us RB fans, this is far from revolutionary or ground breaking - Motley Crue was the first band to release a new song on RB and Metallica is going to release their ENTIRE album on RB the same day its released to stores.  I think they are also going to have an entire Guitar Hero game made for them like Aerosmith recently did.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #905 on: July 16, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

i don't know if its been said or not but on newgnr.com there is a link to like an infomersial kinda thing where they talk about shacklers revenge. after hearing their discribtion i can almost hear it in my head. they said it was a mix of old G'n'R with a buckethead pop beat

headbanger i cna't wait.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #906 on: July 16, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »

Shit Nickelback released like 6 singles from their last album.

RHCP released about 5 from Stadium Arcadium

Depends on how big the singles hit. If they are hits u can keep pumping them out.

I say CD will get at least 3 to 4 big singles on the radio.

Its tricky with GNR though cause they have never been what u call a "Singles" band. So its gonna be interesting to see.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #907 on: July 16, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »

Shit Nickelback released like 6 singles from their last album.

figures you would know that sort of informational tidbit.  rofl
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #908 on: July 16, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »

Yea Nickelback shouldn't even be in the same sentence let alone on a GnR board.  that band sucks !!!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #909 on: July 17, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »

I am guessing we are not allowed to refer to the youtube Harmonix "interview" video out there?  hihi

If we aren't you can delete this post sorry guys. I really don't know, but it sounds like GNR has some great  plans shaping up.

gnrevolution.com
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #910 on: July 17, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »

We are usually on the same page D but I would have to disagree with you about Better.

Im not saying it has to be the 1st single but if they chose it to be the 1st single I would think its an excellent choice.

IMO Better has all the elements of a great single.

All of my friends, who basically listen to just rap, love Better. And I dont mean I played it for them once or twice and they say they loved it. They actually have it on their own computers and ipods etc.

I understand what you are saying about a more standard rock single. If SR is that, so be it. Thats fine too. Im sure its amazing. And if its in the same ball park as Better I will simply be in musical heaven.

But I really think we are jumping the gun a little here. We are all hoping that there are solidified plans in place for the release of Chin Dem. We all have the strategy down pat. We all know what should happen, but in the back of my mind, despite all the excitement and optimism, there is some doubt.

But lets remember one thing. All of what we are saying makes too much sense. The past has showed us that whenever we think GNR is about to do all the right things and take off they take 20 steps backwards.

So hopefully SR is the first single and its the launching point for CD. Im still not even sure CD has been handed over to Universal yet. And we are now in JUly. But I would think it is or how else would RB2 have been able to add it to its catalog? To take advantage of SR and RB2 this album needs to be out by November.

I truly believe Axl is ready to do all the things that make sense this time around. I truly think he is ready and wants to release CD.

The only thing that worries me is the RObin scenario. Its a tricky spot for Axl. Does he continue with GNR without having his 2 main contributors(Bucket and Finck)? Does he WAIT for Finck(meaning we wait as well)? Or does he say fuck it Im releasing it and Ill worry about the band when its time to tour?

See what Im saying? The RObin situation can throw a monkey wrench into this whole thing. Its the only reason I still have a wait and see approach with all of this. Its like GNR still has one last copout/excuse for something bad to happen and not deliver the goods....

Mysterons use of the word "hope" in describing some of gnrs plans scares me. That word scares me. We should be past hope. Axl should be in "is" mode. No more feeling out processes. We should be past that. The plans should be drawn up by now. That plan should be on the verge of being executed.

SR or "x" is the single. Im not saying it wont be. Im not even saying Mysteron has to be the one to reveal any of this. But the word hope tells me they are waiting on something. Or feeling out something.

RB2, the single, and the album along with any other plans should all be ready to happen from Sept till Nov. and so on.

either way we are going to get a brand spanking new gnr song very soon. No leaks or demos. Just a mastered track. cant wait

BTW Axl and Bucket=MAGIC

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #911 on: July 17, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »

Thats cool YG

I mean, I I put Better as a great choice for a second single but Better is very lengthy and Im not sure it has a lot of Crossover appeal

I think it could do good on a Rock track but not so much on a Hot 100.

Shackler's is gonna be a song, I think, that really shows the skill of this band and is gonna blow everyone away.

I've played "Better" to "ROCK" fans and they were just kind of indifferent about it. Me personally its my least favorite of the songs we've heard so far.

I think for a regular band, It would be a good choice but this is the first single from the mythical, legendary CHinese Democracy album and I think u have to bust out something better than Better.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #912 on: July 17, 2008, 01:42:07 AM »

Even if the band has an unannounced, set release date I think Mysteron realizes it's not his place to announce it or make guarantees even if he has intimate knowledge of it.  That's for the band, the management, and the record label to do

As for Robin, I don't see that being an issue.  The NIN "Americas" tour will run through the end of the year tops.  If GnR releases the album in November they probably won't kick off a tour until 2009 anyway.  It's not like there's a set in stone rule you have to be on tour within a week of the album release.  If Robin wants to be in, he's in.  If not, he's not, and there's nothing they can do about.  Actually, the best way to lure him back if he was "out" or on the fence would be to actually release the album
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #913 on: July 17, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »

Even if the band has an unannounced, set release date I think Mysteron realizes it's not his place to announce it or make guarantees even if he has intimate knowledge of it.  That's for the band, the management, and the record label to do
your right

As for Robin, I don't see that being an issue.  The NIN "Americas" tour will run through the end of the year tops.  If GnR releases the album in November they probably won't kick off a tour until 2009 anyway.  It's not like there's a set in stone rule you have to be on tour within a week of the album release.  If Robin wants to be in, he's in.  If not, he's not, and there's nothing they can do about.  Actually, the best way to lure him back if he was "out" or on the fence would be to actually release the album
What if SR is the single and Axl is ready to release CD. MTV asks GNR to play at the VMAs being that their song is featured on RB. Apparently MTV and GNR are in discussions about this.

Now what does Axl do?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #914 on: July 17, 2008, 02:00:28 AM »

Robin would be like Bret Favre now

Sorry pal, u left, had "Other" shit to do

Robin could be the Dave Mustaine of the 21st century

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #915 on: July 17, 2008, 02:08:11 AM »

your right

What if SR is the single and Axl is ready to release CD. MTV asks GNR to play at the VMAs being that their song is featured on RB. Apparently MTV and GNR are in discussions about this.

Now what does Axl do?

From everything we've heard, Shackler's Revenge is a Buckethead song so either they play the song with Ron playing the lead, Buckethead comes back, or they don't play.  I don't think Robin would be the deciding factor in them playing this particular song at the VMA's because it's not a song he wrote and since Ron plays all of Bucket's other parts sans the Madagascar solo, it seems like he'd be playing the lead and the solos in a live performance.  That being said, the NIN US/Canada tour ends in LA the day before the VMA's which coincidentally take place in LA, so there would be nothing stopping Robin from playing the show

If Robin's still in with GnR, he would be able to play the show.  And if you look at NIN's South America/Mexico tour dates it doesn't look like they'll be going past October.  Because they start in Chile, then travel north through Mexico.  Maybe they'll book a few more dates in Mexico but based on tour logic they're not playing many more dates down there.  Logistically, you don't ship your tour equipment to Chile, trek north through SA into northern Mexico then ship your stuff back down into SA.  Based on the tour route, they might book a few more dates in Mexico then take a break until the new year.

The way the schedule lines up, Robin could play with GnR at the VMA's, close out the SA/Mexico tour with NIN, and rejoin GnR in time for a November release and 2009 tour, IF that's what he wants to do.  If he doesn't want to return to GnR then they have to move forward without him.  Either way, his plans shouldn't impact the August/September single, October/November album release
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #916 on: July 17, 2008, 02:09:33 AM »

Robin would be like Bret Favre now

Sorry pal, u left, had "Other" shit to do

Robin coudold be the Dave Mustaine of the 21st century

what like missing the bus or not being able to  shut the fuck about ?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #917 on: July 17, 2008, 02:22:45 AM »

"Here we go again on the 747.. flying down to Rio on the other side of heaven."

(PS: Lemmy is God was recently upgraded to God is Lemmy. Thank you.)

Wink

I'm thinking this song Shackler's Revenge is a prelude to the album; a life sign and a dedicated one (unlike Oh My God) that the band is behind 100%.

That's it. Not a single and no video.

Also, it's interesting that Buckethead was mentioned by Rose in the Pepper statement, that the song (title anyways) obviously is very Bucketheadish, that Big B. has the song mentioned on his website and that it (allegedly) is from around 2000.

That said.. there's no way in hell this song won't sound like a 'Guns N' Roses' song. This is it, this is the first official peep and as the band and affiliates have done since 1994, they're playing this as such. And they should!

I'm thinking it'll be fresh, different and original much like Better. Only with a classic Guns hook (likewise like Better).

We'll see soon enough.

Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #918 on: July 17, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »

He could be like Dave Mustaine as in missing out on one of the greatest bands ever.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #919 on: July 17, 2008, 02:42:04 AM »

That said.. there's no way in hell this song won't sound like a 'Guns N' Roses' song.

A crazy gnr fan went to the convention and "interviewed" a guy who is involved with RB2. The guy said that its not classic gnr in terms of sound(SCOM). It has an industrial/nin vibe to it. He said its really good but its not old gnr(he doesnt mean good or bad, just in terms of sound. Basically its not AFD sounding).  I would post it but I have issues with how it was done.

Why do people think that CD will sound like old GNR? No shit it doesnt sound like old gnr!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:59:45 AM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: