Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497116 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #700 on: July 15, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »

i really dig the new add on the mainpage, nice work jarmo!  ok
but it got me thinking! imagine whats it gonna be like when cd finally comes out!

can't wait! hope this means cd really is coming out soon!

Chinese Democracy!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #701 on: July 15, 2008, 10:54:47 AM »

Its great to see everyone happy. Finally!.

What is really cool is that the chances of this leaking are highly unlikely. We are going to hear a brand new track in a few short months. Fresh! No leaks, No demos, Just the real deal.

BTW, was this the same scenario for OMG? Meaning was it announced that OMG would be on the soundtrack and everyone waited or did it just pop up?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #702 on: July 15, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »

I wasn't around then but I know the revenge won't be a demo.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

Yeah! Love the Shacklers Revange and Axl picture! The waves have been set in motion for real this time!

This is just crazy! i remember when i bought Symph f. devil single back in 94`. Never thought it would be 14 years til the next one!
But now im glad it was!!

Im sure as hell having a release party for this song! No doubt about it!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #704 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »

What is really cool is that the chances of this leaking are highly unlikely. We are going to hear a brand new track in a few short months. Fresh! No leaks, No demos, Just the real deal.

true that! very cool indeed
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »

it was announced and highly anticipated.

i remember MTV interviewing Dave Navarro for the guitar parts he recorded for the song, Axl put out a press release where he explained the song and how that came about as well.

but the song wasn't that well recieved.

Its great to see everyone happy. Finally!.

BTW, was this the same scenario for OMG? Meaning was it announced that OMG would be on the soundtrack and everyone waited or did it just pop up?

Chinese Democracy!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »

Yea, hopefully this song is the first single. But the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is. I hope Axl is still not stuck in the feeling out stage. I hope he isnt saying lets put this song on the game and see how the reaction is and take it from there.

Hopefully SR is the first single and is part of the overall plan to release CD sometime this yr. I hope SR is a big gun. Im still amazed how that title never slipped thru the cracks. And Im shocked Baz has never mentioned it. He mentions everything ! lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »

i really dig the new add on the mainpage, nice work jarmo!  ok
but it got me thinking! imagine whats it gonna be like when cd finally comes out!

can't wait! hope this means cd really is coming out soon!

Ditto, jarmo.

It looks SWEEEEEEET!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

Yea, hopefully this song is the first single. But the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is. I hope Axl is still not stuck in the feeling out stage. I hope he isnt saying lets put this song on the game and see how the reaction is and take it from there.

Hopefully SR is the first single and is part of the overall plan to release CD sometime this yr. I hope SR is a big gun. Im still amazed how that title never slipped thru the cracks. And Im shocked Baz has never mentioned it. He mentions everything ! lol

Just looking at things from a logical standpoint (and yes, I know....using "logic" and "GnR" together has a long history of being a bad idea), it does make sense.

There's LOTS of PR opportunities between now and the end of the year, lots of "synergy" type stuff they can take advantage of.

If THIS is the first "product" of the new management, they're doing a bang up job so far. Smiley

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

I better go see the mainpage now. Tongue

i remember MTV interviewing Dave Navarro for the guitar parts he recorded for the song, Axl put out a press release where he explained the song and how that came about as well.

shame. It's a great song with helluva passion. guess it was a wrong time.
Or maybe,  isn't it like it wasn't well received by djs and net posters?
cos it was just a piece on a soundtrack album by many bands.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »

I better go see the mainpage now. Tongue

Or maybe,  isn't it like it wasn't well received by djs and net posters?

Might have been partly because it was a crap film. It was on TV a couple weeks ago, wasn't very good.

I missed the first 15 minutes or so, is the only time its played during the last part of the ending credits? Anyone know?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »

Its played very subtle after Arnold is crucified or something like that. It's actually very hard to hear that, but anyways...

I really like OMG, but one thing I understand about it is the awful mixing. It didn't help the song at all.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »

There's LOTS of PR opportunities between now and the end of the year, lots of "synergy" type stuff they can take advantage of.

If THIS is the first "product" of the new management, they're doing a bang up job so far.
The oppurtunities are endless. Lets hope this is the start of many things

Or maybe,  isn't it like it wasn't well received by djs and net posters?

Agreed. OMG kicks ass. The problem with is was that it was the first GNR song heard from the new era. Although its an excellent song its not the song you want to introduce to the world as being the first song without Slash.

GNR caught too much heat for that song but in reality Axl wasnt trying to release a big gun at that time. He was just releasing a song to a movie. But given the circumstances of the band at that time it was the wrong move by him.

Although I dont take Axl too seriously when he says it was a demo.  I did believe him when he said it was simply a song that just fit the movie and thats all it was really meant for.

The best case scenario is that SR is the first single. THis would mean Axl is serious about releasing CD and this will be one of the Big Guns

Either way this is a track that was composed by Brain and Bucket. Add Axl into the mix.
The end result is very simple
MAGIC
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:50:31 AM by younggunner » Logged

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

great! The wait might finally be really over! Rockband 2 for september eh? That is......SOONGrin I can imagine it beeing released as a single for the masses at the same time as well....if those are the intentions....logically....that would mean that the album is very fucking close. Also that there is plenty of gnr news coming our way. This rockband 2 move ain't for shits and giggles. This is gonna be it!  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »

It's getting stronger every minute, the feeling that it's finally going to happen!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
overmatik
« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »

I've browsed through all these forums for the last 9 years, and I never heard anyone mentioning this song! Huh

It's funny, but it seems that when the CD finally arrives we'll all have a great surprise! I mean, does anyone also think that none of these leaked tracks will be on CD, and we'll be smashed with 13 never-heard-of songs? I hope so! hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #716 on: July 15, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »

I've browsed through all these forums for the last 9 years, and I never heard anyone mentioning this song! Huh

It's funny, but it seems that when the CD finally arrives we'll all have a great surprise! I mean, does anyone also think that none of these leaked tracks will be on CD, and we'll be smashed with 13 never-heard-of songs? I hope so! hihi

How many "bonus tracks" was it that Axl mentioned "oh so long ago"?

ok

Ya never know....

Together again,
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #717 on: July 15, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »

great! The wait might finally be really over! Rockband 2 for september eh? That is......SOONGrin I can imagine it beeing released as a single for the masses at the same time as well....if those are the intentions....logically....that would mean that the album is very fucking close. Also that there is plenty of gnr news coming our way. This rockband 2 move ain't for shits and giggles. This is gonna be it!  beer

maybe axl did it for the nookie... lol.

i hope this means its out... but if doesn't come out i won't be dissappointed or surprised. nothing does with this band anymore. i don't have any hopes or expectations... i'll just take what comes... there isn't any other choice for us fans.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #718 on: July 15, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »

it wouldn't surprise me if what is actually on the album is not what we have heard.

maybe just Chinese Democracy... maybe better/madgascar...

then axl totally flips the switch and brings out 15 songs we've never heard before.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #719 on: July 15, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »

As far as this being the "first single," I certainly never saw that one coming.  And, to be honest, I'm so grateful to be surprised - nothing beats the anticipation of new GNR music.  Regardless of when the album comes out, I'm happy for Axl and the band to get new, official music out on their terms.   Here's hoping it's the first of many pleasant surprises in the near future...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: