Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497378 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #660 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:05 AM »

1 a: to bind with shackles : fetter b: to make fast with or as if with a shackle2: to deprive of freedom especially of action by means of restrictions or handicaps

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #661 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35:40 AM »

So it's the revenge of a person who shackled another one - not the revenge of a person who has been shackled by another one? Confusing already.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #662 on: July 15, 2008, 04:05:26 AM »

It was a loooong monday for Mysteron.  hihi

I think he won't enter the forum for...let's say..a month?  hihi

rofl

thanks again to Mysteron  peace

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #663 on: July 15, 2008, 04:26:12 AM »

Imo , shacklers revenge will be put out as a single soon, to faimiliarize the general public with the song,  (mabye in august)
and then when everyone knows the song and loves it, people will want to play it on the xbox, and then cd will come out in oct/nov

any takers?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #664 on: July 15, 2008, 04:55:13 AM »

Silly question but will I have to buy the game to hear the song officially or will it be available through I Tunes or whatever?

I actually want the game, but not on x-box

Well, I think they'll let us know if any of the songs on Chinese Democracy will be released through iTunes or as an actual CD, which I believe will happen near the RB2 release. But this thing is so great anyway that you shouldn't be thinking about that release shit, just enjoy about these amazing news.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #665 on: July 15, 2008, 05:05:49 AM »

Just knowing that a new song that will be on CD is gonna be on rock band 2 i think tells us the albums release is really getting close. I don't think the band or the record company would let it be out on a video game without the albums release pretty imminent. Whoknows the first single might even be out by then and maybe this song is actually it. If it is the first single what a genius way to get their new music out in a game that will be played by millions of people.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #666 on: July 15, 2008, 05:25:32 AM »

See this is different from Motley Crue

ROckband was already an established game and SOLA *saints of los angeles* was released as a single and download simultaneously.

Shackler's is in the game from the beginning so it isnt a DL track right?

So really, The single can come out before the game.

so I say look for something as far as a release date *at least for the single/video in the next 2 weeks.

Rockband2 out in Sept. Get that song out a month before Rockband2 to help PROMOTE rockband2.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #667 on: July 15, 2008, 05:27:52 AM »

GNR ,

shacklers REVENGE OF THE NERDS

hahaha, only kidding
this is great, and a total suprise all wrapped up in a 360 package,

I think we will be getting official word of a single/album release date very soon

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #668 on: July 15, 2008, 05:50:32 AM »

are they really goin to make a video?

i'm really happy for this Smiley Go Gn'R! i just hope this track isn't some off track like Oh My God and that it gets more attention as well.

either way kuddus for the new Management for making this happen! you guys are workin good already! nice to see a change in  the Gn'R Camp!

Chinese Democracy!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #669 on: July 15, 2008, 05:55:44 AM »

I don't think they'd allow a track like Oh My God on Rock Band. They're gonna want something really good to get peoples attention.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #670 on: July 15, 2008, 06:08:31 AM »

cheesy title. kinda sucks you have to buy a game to hear it :S

ill just wait till someone rips it n puts it on the net. Hopefully its a rocking new track.

html sucks
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #671 on: July 15, 2008, 06:13:34 AM »

cheesy title. kinda sucks you have to buy a game to hear it :S

ill just wait till someone rips it n puts it on the net. Hopefully its a rocking new track.

what makes you so sure that gnr wont release it as a single before hand?

This news with rockband came out of the blue,
so dont count out a single release in the next month or so just yet,
stranger things have happened...

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #672 on: July 15, 2008, 06:25:48 AM »

Depends. The game company could reckon that a more or (in the days of the internet) less exclusive use of the song could boost their sales.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #673 on: July 15, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »

Depends. The game company could reckon that a more or (in the days of the internet) less exclusive use of the song could boost their sales.

But why Would GNR do something in order to boost the sales of a GAME company

when in actual fact, they would probably do something to double their sales by releasing the single first, and then
the very next month while the single is still new and fresh have it feature on a rock game?

that sounds more plausible then gnr just helping out a game comany with and EXCLUSIVE in order for rockband2 developers to get rich...

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #674 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:29 AM »

This is GREAT news.. ok
     Lets hope it is the first official single of CD and its gets a proper release and a cool video... beer
So how long untill we get to hear this new song.. Cool

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #675 on: July 15, 2008, 07:30:19 AM »

Fantastic opportunity for the band now, let's hope all goes smoothly and this leads to the release of CD. I for one won't be buying Rockband 2, but it doesn't make me any less excited about the prospect of a new GN'R song making it's way into the mass market of videogames....and without a doubt massively increasing their fanbase. Tied in with a few other campaigns and GN'R have what they need for CD to be successful.

Of course we've been in a similar situation before....."Black Sheep" anyone?
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #676 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:33 AM »

But why Would GNR do something in order to boost the sales of a GAME company

[...]

that sounds more plausible then gnr just helping out a game comany with and EXCLUSIVE in order for rockband2 developers to get rich...

Maybe they don't have that much of a choice. This contract is for mutual benefit. It's not so that the Rockband producers really NEED Guns N' Roses - GNR is a really welcome bonus for them, but do not be mistaken - they are literally printing cash these months anyway.

Guns N' Roses on the other hand really NEED good PR right now, so there is a good chance the contract is slightly in favor of the Rockband producers and gives them the last word in how to deal with parallel distribution.

I don't want to be a naysayer, don't get me wrong, but from a purely economic point of view, our beloved band is not much of a Goliath right now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:47:50 AM by Schwarzgold » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #677 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »

Luckily they update the site.

It sucks to read the article about Robin's situation...

GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #678 on: July 15, 2008, 07:49:09 AM »

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!  beer

I've been keeping my eye on this thread since the first post but in all honesty I thought it was going to turn out to be just another rumour, then Mysteron came into the thread and things started getting really exciting! I think due to letdowns and false starts in the past and the crazy song title I didn't want to drop my guard too soon! Fuck it, it's true!!! Time to get EXCITED!

Since the song is (Musically) written by Buckethead and featured in a guitar game, i'm thinking it has to be a hard rocker and is bound to have lots of Bucket's signature weird noises (Like in 'Better) and a great solo to play along to. Lyrically it really could be about anything with a song title like that! Possibly Axl singing about breaking free from the shackles of his former band or a lover (Both subjects have been touched on in the new material we've heard already).

Axl and the band HAVE to use this as a tool to release and promote the new album, they would be crazy not to! There have been other opportunities in the past such as Rock In Rio, the VMA's '02 and the 2006 World Tour where we all thought now HAS to be the time but I don't think any of those come close to the exposure that this game will get them. If they tie the release of this game/song in with a performance at the VMA's and then drop the album can you imagine how that would boost the sales!?! Plus there's the DR Pepper thing too, Axl should make the most of all this publicity!

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #679 on: July 15, 2008, 07:52:09 AM »

Since the song is (Musically) written by Buckethead

I keep hearing this. Where do we have this information from?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: