Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497505 times)
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #600 on: July 14, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »

well that's awesome but for some reason i just don't see it happening.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #601 on: July 14, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »

I'm curious about this too since I haven't played a video game since Atari was popular! hihi

Too busy mastering "Quarters"?

Tommy gets represented twice since The Replacements "Alex Chilton" is also on th setlist. That would have been enough to get me to buy the game.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #602 on: July 14, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »

we are potentially about 2 months away from having a gnr single being played on the radio. this is exciting shit!

and so hilarious that it may not be Better or something else we've heard.

(by the way, i just bought the crue album, metallica comes out in september, and now this. what fuckin year is it? i'm lovin it  ok)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #603 on: July 14, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »

we are potentially about 2 months away from having a gnr single being played on the radio. this is exciting shit!

(by the way, i just bought the crue album, metallica comes out in september, and now this. what fuckin year is it? i'm lovin it  ok)

I wonder if the recent leak ruined plans for another song and this is the back up song?Huh
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #604 on: July 14, 2008, 08:05:24 PM »

I wonder if the recent leak ruined plans for another song and this is the back up song?Huh

I'm sure this was a song that was under consideration as a single for Chinese Democracy regardless.  The order of singles released may have changed, but I doubt that would make something into a single if it wasn't already.

Ali
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #605 on: July 14, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »

I think the leaks ruined something definitely.
it's possible that some of the leaked songs might be pushed back to the 2nd album, just to compensate for the "surprise" ruined by the leaks.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »

I have since a while the idea that the first single would be a song we haven't heard before

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2008, 08:09:57 PM »

yeah, but what about "better"?
it was also rumored to be the first single... there was also the Harley add.... and its possible that the leaks changed the plans.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #608 on: July 14, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »

it's possible that some of the leaked songs might be pushed back to the 2nd album, just to compensate for the "surprise" ruined by the leaks.

I disagree! six out of the nine songs have been around for years now, no surprise there, and although I really like if the word and mystery song, those never would have been the single chosen to start things up again. Everyone was so focused on the new old leaks, than Axl hits us with something no one ever mentioned. Awesome!!!!!!  

Has there been anything on mtv news yet? I thought they were to confirm
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #609 on: July 14, 2008, 08:11:34 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

You know, this is just great any way you look at it, especially that first sentence.  Thank you.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #610 on: July 14, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »

I disagree! six out of the nine songs have been around for years now, no surprise there, and although I really like if the word and mystery song, those never would have been the single chosen to start things up again. Everyone was so focused on the new old leaks, than Axl hits us with something no one ever mentioned. Awesome!!!!!!  

Has there been anything on mtv news yet? I thought they were to confirm

Better would have been the only logical choice for a 1st single out of what we previously heard.

But there is supposed to be 3 albums full of material, I hardly think they are hurting for single choices.

I don't ever watch MTV but it is posted to their website:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1590857/20080714/id_0.jhtml

The game's 84-song soundtrack was revealed, including three highlights: the first single from Guns 'N Roses' Chinese Democracy, a song from Bob Dylan and music from AC/DC. By year's end, 500 songs are supposed to be available for "Rock Band 2," including tracks released for the first game in the series.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #611 on: July 14, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »

No, they didn't. Do you know how much time and effort a game needs to be developed? It takes time to program the game with the song and it's for sure more than just a few weeks (when the leaks came out).

Shoeboy517
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #612 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »

I wouldn't be suprised if none of the leaks are on the album, or if all of them are.  Never know what the fuck is going on in this band. 
Rhinoculous
Opening Act

« Reply #613 on: July 14, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »

Im would bet that Shackler's Revenge isnt the real title and that is just an alias for the real song name to try to defend against a leak. Sort of like gnr using the band name "the frogs" in 2002 on the mtv awards.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #614 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:54 PM »

Im would bet that Shackler's Revenge isnt the real title and that is just an alias for the real song name to try to defend against a leak. Sort of like gnr using the band name "the frogs" in 2002 on the mtv awards.

I doubt they'd promote something under another name, though it is plausible.

Good to see the ball's finally rolling though.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #615 on: July 14, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »

would you guys be disappointed if the song turned out to be an instrumental or something along those lines? Im so happy but it seems too good to be true almost.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #616 on: July 14, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »

^^ no kidding! But now I'm 5 years old again and am obsessively anxious to hear some music (or the next bit of fresh info) and can barely tolerate waiting for it! Smiley

^ instrumental? come on... that wouldn't be "too good to be true"... it would suck for Rock Band 2. Does the singer get to play the tambourine? cow bell?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #617 on: July 14, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I rode Shacklers Revenge at Disneyworld in the late 90's.
It was right between It's a Small World and Mr Toads Wild Ride.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #618 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:33 PM »

do you think Guns n roses will comment on this on their site?

I think they will have to, it's sorta taken on a life of it's own now.  There is even an article in the NY Times!

hopefully it doesnt suck Lips Sealed
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #619 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

^^ no kidding! But now I'm 5 years old again and am obsessively anxious to hear some music (or the next bit of fresh info) and can barely tolerate waiting for it! Smiley

^ instrumental? come on... that wouldn't be "too good to be true"... it would suck for Rock Band 2. Does the singer get to play the tambourine? cow bell?

thats true I was thinking guitar hero, I forgot rockband includes everything

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: