Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497781 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »

I hope this is part of a larger promotion strategy...it would be cool to see GNR in a movie too (James Bond maybe?)

Here today...ready to rock
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »

I would say they're holding RB2 for the PS3 & Wii for when GH: World Tour comes out in October, but that's obviously just a guess.

As Jarmo said, I think it's a big deal. I've actually seen people find a way to whine still about this which I just don't get. I think this is a huge deal and I'm excited about it.

Thanks for the updates Mysteron.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #562 on: July 14, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »

This is great news. We will hear a brand new song from Guns n Roses that none of us die hard fans knew exsisted 2 weeks ago.  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #563 on: July 14, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »

Also thanks for the updates Jarmo and Mysteron  peace

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #564 on: July 14, 2008, 05:38:41 PM »

FUCKIN YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring on MR SHACKLER!!!!!

so when are we likely to hear the song. will it be on tv adverts or will the first time we hear it be on the game

you know where the fuck you are,  your in shacklers house baby, time to rockkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!  hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #565 on: July 14, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »

As Jarmo said, I think it's a big deal. I've actually seen people find a way to whine still about this which I just don't get. I think this is a huge deal and I'm excited about it.

Seriously, first they complain we don't get any news then they complain where we get the news from.  Makes no sense, really!  

If Axl logged on and wrote the news himself here I am sure someone, somehow would find a reason to pick THAT apart too.

This is the first great and confirmed information we have gotten in some time now.  Why can we not all be happy about it?HuhHuh
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #566 on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »

The craziest part is that NOBODY has ever mentioned this title.  Good job for them keeping this under wraps for so long.

GNR is now a brand as well and welcome to the 21st century by being in this video game.  I see no harm in this type of promotion!   ok  I know some people had a problem with GH and Jungle, I didn't.  I don't have a problem with this either.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #567 on: July 14, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »

I don't think anyone's whining too much about it are they? Having the news on their website just seems like a logical thing to do I guess

Anyway thanks to Mysteron and obviously Jarmo from me too. And Harmonix for doing the deal!

Here today...ready to rock
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #568 on: July 14, 2008, 05:43:54 PM »

Now you are saying that if they updated the official site that more people would know?

Who would even know to look there besides diehard fans?  Not to mention, we don't even go there because the site never gets updated.

Games are what's hot.  Especially these games.

Why do you care if it's about the release of a new game or about GNR?  One is only helping the other and vice versa.

Well, in a normal situation any casual fans or anybody who types GN'R on google would be directed to gnr.com for the latest news. GN'R can choose to do or not do whatever they want with their site or media outlets. However, in the end, they are just missing out on using effectively a channel that they own.

Hot or not, not everyone is into games and therefore when people want to find out the latest on GN'R would probably not want to type RB2 in google.

I am happy for the news and can't wait for the single. Couldn't care less about the game. But this somewhat passiveness or reluctance or unpreparedness to promote your own product and instead let third parties do it, concerns me in the long run.

You don't understand that they're letting the game developer make the announcement about their game?

I understand that. I do not expect GN'R to make an announcement for RB2 in general. RB2 contains many songs by many artists. However, what's GN'Rs is GN'Rs. And that is their song. So, the news on their part is that they have given out a song from the upcoming CD to RB2. That much they could say. That's news from the band directly to their fans, not to the people playing RB2 in general.

I don't see why people are picking on how we got the news.

Because if this really is the start of the promotion for the soon upcoming album, you'd hope GN'R would become more personally involved in the promotion and communication. One can understand the reluctance to do that in the past because things were obviously never finished/finalized and therefore uncertain. But now when hopefully things are finally in place and ready to go....
Anyway, maybe they'll just do it a bit late.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #569 on: July 14, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, people don't understand Axl and management aren't moron's they know what their doing.  They will update their site when the time comes, I could see them releasing this single maybe a month before the release date of RB 2 or possible maybe 2 weeks before.  Doesn't matter to me all I know is Guns N' Roses is BACK !!!! so this bubble gum music industry better watch out cause I think someone is gonna reclaim there throne and rule the music world.

PS I would like to thank Jarmo and Mysteron for all they have done for us fans, Jarmo for doing a helluva job making this site as the best in town, and Mysteron for giving us real info and being kind to share it.  We all have been through a long journey waiting for this albums release and I feel that its almost time were gonna  hear some great music from a great album, from a great band.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »

I'm kinda confused by the "moment of glory" attributed to the gaming companies today.

it's a fact that musical videogames are a big deal in these times: RB it's at its second episode, GH has many episodes and many versions... they sells well and they help music business

it's enough to say that they are in a "moment of glory", don't you agree?

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

I hope this is part of a larger promotion strategy...it would be cool to see GNR in a movie too (James Bond maybe?)

If The World as the song in the opening credits  Shocked Cool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »

I understand that. I do not expect GN'R to make an announcement for RB2 in general. RB2 contains many songs by many artists. However, what's GN'Rs is GN'Rs. And that is their song. So, the news on their part is that they have given out a song from the upcoming CD to RB2. That much they could say. That's news from the band directly to their fans, not to the people playing RB2 in general.

This news will travel fast.

It might've been announced for the gamers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it finds its way to everybody who reads or pays attention to music news.

It's been on several music news sites already. They usually don't post about video games.

If GN'R comments on it later, it does make sense to let the developers make the announcement.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »

This is the right way to do promotion nowadays.  I know some of you, like myself, are old school fans and may not be used to this but it doesn't mean it won't work.

This news is already viral and all over the net.  Whether you are a gamer or not I bet you at least have a few friends who are.  

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that GNR is letting the game company have a few days of glory with this before they go on and say something about it.  It was probably part of the deal they made.  

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:07 PM »

Seriously, first they complain we don't get any news then they complain where we get the news from.  Makes no sense, really! 

If Axl logged on and wrote the news himself here I am sure someone, somehow would find a reason to pick THAT apart too.

He forgotz 2 put da "W!"

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »

We'll see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if the GnR name, the CD name, this song was a major part of the promotion for the game, mentioned and being played in the commercials and so forth.  This is the type of promotion that the album deserves and needs, and the best part of it is that it's not just free promotion, someone is paying you to promote your own product
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »

This is the right way to do promotion nowadays.  I know some of you, like myself, are old school fans and may not be used to this but it doesn't mean it won't work.

This news is already viral and all over the net.  Whether you are a gamer or not I bet you at least have a few friends who are.  

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that GNR is letting the game company have a few days of glory with this before they go on and say something about it.  It was probably part of the deal they made.  

It would help RB 2 if GNR posted it on their site. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2008, 05:58:24 PM »

It would help RB 2 if GNR posted it on their site. 

I'm sure it will get there.....eventually.

Someone page Del to write that baby up! Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »

Agreed, if RB 2 can use GNR to sell more games, GNR can use RB 2 on theirs site to push the forth coming Album?  Correct?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »

Axl is smart! nowadays nobody buys CD's, when people who aren't familiar with GnR who happen to buy RB 2 and hear Schacklers Revenge and end up liking it HEY they got a new fan and will probaly end up buying the CD.  Hell im sure they will use I Tunes as well as new fans come into the fold they will purchase the back catalog of GnR hits.  Not to mention royalties that come from the game, great move Axl and Azoff/Gould if im the record company im putting this out pronto the Buzz is back and u heard the guy at the news confrence say " Off the new album Chinese Democracy which is coming soon " so their you have it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: