Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497765 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

BOOYAH!!

Here's hoping everything goes according to plan, then......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi
lol thanks mysterion
Commodore 64 FTW

Here Today..
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2008, 05:14:34 PM »

Welcome to 1991 lol. I remember I had a huge poster with that logo when I was 12 or something lol.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

Here's hoping everything goes according to plan, then......

Quote of the day/week/month/year/decade for us GN'R fans!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2008, 05:17:53 PM »

I don't really see why they need to reiterate what we already know to be true?

cause of the whole better / Harley thing from 06 ..........

The difference is this:

The song is in the game, the game is more or less complete (bug squashing and feature plussing is all that's left), and the song WILL SHIP WITH THE GAME.  Period, end of story.

Whether the other plans come to fruition or not...that remains to be seen.  But the song absolutely WILL ship with RB2.

I love the "oneupsmanship" between RB and GH.  It's fun to watch.

Oh, and AC/DC will also be contributing a track to RB....which is big news (though certainly not as big, to GnR fans) too, as they are/were one of the last "hold outs" to using their music in these types of games.

Together again,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »

I think RB won this round! Grin
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

is there a link to a video of this yet?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »

I don't really see why they need to reiterate what we already know to be true?

cause of the whole better / Harley thing from 06 ..........

The difference is this:

The song is in the game, the game is more or less complete (bug squashing and feature plussing is all that's left), and the song WILL SHIP WITH THE GAME.  Period, end of story.

Whether the other plans come to fruition or not...that remains to be seen.  But the song absolutely WILL ship with RB2.

Oh, and AC/DC will also be contributing a track to RB....which is big news (though certainly not as big, to GnR fans) too, as they are/were one of the last "hold outs" to using their music in these types of games.

GH has the forthcoming Metallica album for download, they are sure up against eachother with big name bands.

Damn that logo, I have it on the "Bad Obession" bootleg, that's from a loooooong time ago  hihi

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #548 on: July 14, 2008, 05:23:47 PM »

I think RB won this round! Grin

I don't know.....GH had some good announments too.

They get the Metallica album, in full, on release.

They had a couple of other content stunners (exclusives with Van Halen and...someone else I can't remember) too.  And their "music studio" (ie: create your own songs) sounds pretty darn good.

The GnR song is certainly a feather in the RB cap.  So is their "transportable content" (ie: all the songs you bought for RB1 will work with RB2).

GH is adding the instruments that RB currently has, too. 

I'd say they're punching and counter-punching right now.  GH is playing catch up in some things, but going ahead in others.  Ditto on RB.  Which is great for gamers willing to buy both.....2 great products driving each other to get better!

PERSONALLY I think the GnR announcment trumps anything GH has for content exclusivities.   I don't know if all the other gamers out there would agree....we'll see.

Together again,
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #549 on: July 14, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »

They are probably using the revenue to fund promotion for their next album.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #550 on: July 14, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

Unfortunately I don't have that machine anymore. Sad

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »

Now you are saying that if they updated the official site that more people would know?

Who would even know to look there besides diehard fans?  Not to mention, we don't even go there because the site never gets updated.

Games are what's hot.  Especially these games.

Why do you care if it's about the release of a new game or about GNR?  One is only helping the other and vice versa.

Well, in a normal situation any casual fans or anybody who types GN'R on google would be directed to gnr.com for the latest news. GN'R can choose to do or not do whatever they want with their site or media outlets. However, in the end, they are just missing out on using effectively a channel that they own.

Hot or not, not everyone is into games and therefore when people want to find out the latest on GN'R would probably not want to type RB2 in google.

I am happy for the news and can't wait for the single. Couldn't care less about the game. But this somewhat passiveness or reluctance or unpreparedness to promote your own product and instead let third parties do it, concerns me in the long run.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Slash is in some commercials for GH, and then Axl chooses RB.  Interesting.  Probably meaninless, but still funny.

What is the release date for RB 2?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »

Chinese Democracy First Single Schacklers Revenge has a nice ring to it.  I'll mark this day on the calendar and remember it forever.  DR PEPPER HERE I COME !!!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »

Slash is in some commercials for GH, and then Axl chooses RB.  Interesting.  Probably meaninless, but still funny.

I was thinking it....but wasn't going to say it.  I mean...Slash is more than just in "some commercials" for GHIII.  He's a prominent character IN the game...and "Jungle" is a prominent song in it, too.

I just don't/didn't want this to decend into an Axl vs Slash, old vs new thread.

RB 2 releases on Xbox360 in September....then for the other systems "later this year".  I'm figuring BEFORE X-mas, obviously...prolly early November.

Together again,
ceesmannl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #555 on: July 14, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

Oh my god, i hope jetset willy is still available on the zx spectrum...that computer was good for that time, just like the goonies etc  Smiley It gave me so much fun!

Anyway thx for the kind updates everytime mysteron!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #556 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »

Now you are saying that if they updated the official site that more people would know?

Who would even know to look there besides diehard fans?  Not to mention, we don't even go there because the site never gets updated.

Why do you care if it's about the release of a new game or about GNR?  One is only helping the other and vice versa.

Well, in a normal situation any casual fans or anybody who types GN'R on google would be directed to gnr.com for the latest news. GN'R can choose to do or not do whatever they want with their site or media outlets. However, in the end, they are just missing out on using effectively a channel that they own.

Hot or not, not everyone is into games and therefore when people want to find out the latest on GN'R would probably not want to type RB2 in google.

I am happy for the news and can't wait for the single. Couldn't care less about the game. But this somewhat passiveness or reluctance or unpreparedness to promote your own product and instead let third parties do it, concerns me in the long run.

You don't understand that they're letting the game developer make the announcement about their game?

It's not any different to having the record company do promotion for an album....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #557 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »

Mysteron, Jarmo thanks for the updates.  When there is factual news to report, you guys always come through !! That's why this site is the best !!!

Important question:  Now that we know for sure that Shackler's Revenge is going to be in Rock Band, will the rest of the band go over Axl's house to play the game?

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »

Maybe it was part of the deal to let them have the glory 1st?  Who knows and who really cares?  I mean eventually GNR is going to have to say something about it.

When you license your product to other companies sometimes you have to comply with how they want to handle it or promote it.

I don't see why people are picking on how we got the news.

Granted the news is about a game but most if not all of the articles I read are talking about how GNR's new material will be included.

I can't say why they don't update the official site and I also didn't say I agreed with it.  Of course they should.  But like I said, this was probably part of some deal with the game company.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

Slash is in some commercials for GH, and then Axl chooses RB.  Interesting.  Probably meaninless, but still funny.

I was thinking it....but wasn't going to say it.  I mean...Slash is more than just in "some commercials" for GHIII.  He's a prominent character IN the game...and "Jungle" is a prominent song in it, too.

I just don't/didn't want this to decend into an Axl vs Slash, old vs new thread.

RB 2 releases on Xbox360 in September....then for the other systems "later this year".  I'm figuring BEFORE X-mas, obviously...prolly early November.

Thanks for the update.

I don't want the discussion to decay into old vs. new.  I was just following up your earlier post about the competition between the systems.

If you were the record company, would you release the single for Shacklers Revenge before, at the same time, or after the RB 2 release?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:34:48 PM by Perfect Criminal » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: