Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497858 times)
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

guess this is why they haven't replied yet they want to be sure it will deffo happen this time
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »

You fuckers can see the announcement here. I mean hear... whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3tS5RYVv2Y&feature=email

Booyah! I got goosebumps.

I think the dude forgot "OH My God", still cool though.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »

yey Shackler's Revenge yey

yeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyey  beer

Thanks Giant Robot...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »

THIS.....is the greatest birthday present a guy can ask for! 

love
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »

if they hoping to bring out shack as first single.... then do it..don't hope. do!
hope to bring out the album.
don't hope just do...

but positiv...

if shack is on rb2 it is their first single.. so plan 2 release the album plan 3 put the band back together. plan 3 promote. plan 4 partaaaaay plan 5 Tour...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »

Mysteron, I hope I'm not pushing my luck here but I just want to ask one question:

Is there ANY chance that Buckethead might share the stage with GNR at some point?

Here today...ready to rock
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

We got a comedian on the boards.  hihi
Thanks for all the updates Mysteron.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #527 on: July 14, 2008, 04:51:31 PM »

Microsoft opens up E3 with loud, energetic press conference

Rock Band was also featured prominently in the Xbox press conference.

Rock Band publisher Harmonix's president and CEO, Alex Rigopulos, came onstage to announce several new elements related to the forthcoming Rock Band 2.

Rigopulous said that Rock Band 2 will be released this fall exclusively for the Xbox 360, and that Harmonix has gotten rocker Axl Rose to agree to release a new track from Guns N' Roses' long, long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy, exclusively for Rock Band 2.

In addition, Bob Dylan and AC/DC will both be licensing songs for the game, the first time either artist has done so for video games.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9990517-1.html?hhTest=1

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #528 on: July 14, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »

if they hoping to bring out shack as first single.... then do it..don't hope. do!
don't hope just do...

but positiv...

if shack is on rb2 it is their first single.. so plan 2 release the album plan 3 put the band back together. plan 3 promote. plan 4 partaaaaay plan 5 Tour...

I agree .

Hope is just another set up for failure.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Olorin
« Reply #529 on: July 14, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Nonetheless, we have seen Shackler confirmed today as a new song for a very big game. It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board. Enjoy the moment Cool

I just hope they are planning to release Rock Band 2 on the ZX Spectrum, and for the Commodore Amiga for Jarmo hihi

Here's to hope beer

The publicity this has got in just a few hours shows just what a good marketing decision this has been. Its a much wiser choice than a movie soundtrack, this game could become a defining moment in games history - even without GN'R it looks very special.

You Could Be Mine was premiered on Terminator 2 for the Use Your Illusions release, that film was a defining moment in movie history and came with huge expectation.

There is something not to disimilar about this move.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #530 on: July 14, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »

I'm kinda confused by the "moment of glory" attributed to the gaming companies today. Is this because a new GN'R song will appear on their game or is it because the new version of their game will debut anyway? I think the regular gamer doesn't really care that much. And from the hardcore GN'R fans that haven't alreay played RB, only a few hundred more (at best) would be attracted thanks to this song.

GN'R should care to update their site regardless of where a news re the band is posted (that is if they indeed deem the news important). Not every GN'R fan is a gamer (who would follow press releases about upcoming games) and not every one has the time to check the message boards regularly. In the current situation, if you aren't one of those you wouldn't have heard the news.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #531 on: July 14, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »

Azoff has made a career working for "difficult" bands, I mean if The Eagles can make a record of new material after 26-some years Gn'R must be able to deliver a song for Rock band 2....

Thx Mysteron for the updates this past week, highly appreciated.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #532 on: July 14, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

don't hope just do...

this is a role matter: band hope... label do.... so, you must talk with Universal

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #533 on: July 14, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »

It is big news for the band and it is good to see some old faces returning to the board.

Including you. Wink

This is good news indeed. I'm looking forward to rocking to some new GN'R in a video game.

Olorin
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »

I'm kinda confused by the "moment of glory" attributed to the gaming companies today. Is this because a new GN'R song will appear on their game or is it because the new version of their game will debut anyway? I think the regular gamer doesn't really care that much. And from the hardcore GN'R fans that haven't alreay played RB, only a few hundred more (at best) would be attracted thanks to this song.

GN'R should care to update their site regardless of where a news re the band is posted (that is if they indeed deem the news important). Not every GN'R fan is a gamer (who would follow press releases about upcoming games) and not every one has the time to check the message boards regularly. In the current situation, if you aren't one of those you wouldn't have heard the news.

New York Times, MTV, Rolling Stone are all reporting it. This perculates through to other media outlets such as music magazines, national tabloids etc. Its only hours since this was announced, word will spread far beyond forum users and gamers before this game is actually released.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #535 on: July 14, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »

You Could Be Mine was premiered on Terminator 2 for the Use Your Illusions release, that film was a defining moment in movie history and came with huge expectation.

There is something not to disimilar about this move.

It sure did, I remember that.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #536 on: July 14, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

OK, I beg to differ.

I went on Google News and typed in Rock Band 2 and got over 6000 articles.

Now you are saying that if they updated the official site that more people would know?

Who would even know to look there besides diehard fans?  Not to mention, we don't even go there because the site never gets updated.

Games are what's hot.  Especially these games.

Why do you care if it's about the release of a new game or about GNR?  One is only helping the other and vice versa.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #537 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »

I don't really see why they need to reiterate what we already know to be true?

I would think this is a HUGE moment of glory for those companies.

Exactly.

We got confirmation that a new song will appear in one of the most anticipated games of the year and people are still "waiting" for an update?

/jarmo

Try to understand...we're Guns N' Roses' fans. Have news is not a common thing hihi

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #538 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »

New York Times, MTV, Rolling Stone are all reporting it. This perculates through to other media outlets such as music magazines, national tabloids etc. Its only hours since this was announced, word will spread far beyond forum users and gamers before this game is actually released.

Exactly, this news is EVERYWHERE. Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »

Yup, on my dvr.

I didn't see (well, HEAR, really) any actual music footage.

Just the announcement and the gnr logo....

But I recorded the entire G4 presentation of MS's press conference AND have the 1 hour wrap up recording tonight.

Is there any way you could put this up online? Did they use the old or recent logo?

I can try to burn it to DVD over the next day or so.....it was the skull with top hat logo, with guns.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: