Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497887 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

i hope its better quality... vocally i mean.

the other songs vocally sound like demos... not perfect.

hopefully this is worth the $170 to buy the game.

$170? In Europe, Rock Band cost about 220 euros (about $350), which is exactly why I didn't get the game. I know you can get a stand alone version of the game, which is probably what I'll do for Rock Band 2. It sucks you can't use Guitar Hero's device with the game though (at least on PS3 - unless it changed).

import it from the states ps3's are region free and so will play US versions of games  ok

and when i played rock band in march i used a guitar hero controller, but that was on the 360.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »

This is great news! I heard it, and see it scrolling across the tv screen on channel g4. They actually mentioned Axl Rose AND the album!  
Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2008, 03:06:04 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/14/report-new-guns-n-roses-song-premiering-on-rock-band-2/

Rolling stone mentions the new song
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »

This is great news! I heard it, and see it scrolling across the tv screen on channel g4. They actually mentioned Axl Rose AND the album!  

anyone recorded the announcement?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »

import it from the states ps3's are region free and so will play US versions of games  ok

I haven't bought one game here. Wink All my games are US versions, they cost me 40 euros instead of 70 euros lol.
I thought about doing the same with Rock Band but shipping was too high from the States because of all the devices.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

Nice 2002 picture of Axl they have on the article. Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:33 PM »

I read in this thread the track would have been written for an unreleased movie. I'm guessing "Shackler" is one of the movie's characters no?

Sounds likely, Will.  Guess we will know when we hear the tune. Grin

I'm curious about it too.

BH made a song called shackler (not this shackler's revenge)for DBZ history of trunks. again can be heard  @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Au5J9IUP4&NR=1 from around 5:55 mark to 7:00 but it's no gohan is it?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »

so.....does this mean Chinese democracys release is imminent?? will "shacklers revenge" be the first single?? hmm...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #468 on: July 14, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »

Not being funny or anything, but a lot of casual listeners will be going to the gunsnroses official website and the first thing they're going to see is guns n' robin. Probably not the most positive headliner to have in these great times

Here today...ready to rock
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #469 on: July 14, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »

so.....does this mean Chinese democracys release is imminent?? will "shacklers revenge" be the first single?? hmm...

I would imagine we'll hear something from GNR themselves soon.

Might not be a single, or a release date, but I can't imagine they are just going to not comment on this development considering the new management team, and considering they acknowledged the Dr. Pepper thing, which wasn't even their plan.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #470 on: July 14, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »

i'm going to go back in time 8 years and tell everyone the first real gnr track released from chinese democracy will be released on a video game and see what they all say.  hahahahha.

i'm so excited to hear this.  hopefully the album's out in october/november.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #471 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »

Another press release:

Harmonix, MTV Games and Electronic Arts Set to Rock the World Again With Rock Band(TM)2

For the First Time Ever in a Music Videogame - Compete Against Other Bands
      Online; Export Music Tracks from Original Disc to Rock Band 2(1)
 Upgraded World Tour, Battle of the Bands, Set Challenges and Drum Trainer
               All Deliver an Authentic, Optimized Experience
   Soundtrack to Feature Over 100 Songs From Unrivaled Blend of Classic,
                         Developing and New Artists
  Rock Band is the first music game to Support Open Platform By Officially
   Licensing Third Party Rock Band 2 Instruments: Mad Catz Premier Guitar
  Controllers, Cymbal Expansion Pack and Professional ION Alesis Drum Set

LOS ANGELES, July 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Harmonix, the world's premier music video game development company, and MTV Games, a division of Viacom's
MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), along with marketing and distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS), today revealed at the 2008 E3
Media & Business Summit new features for the next evolution of the groundbreaking music platform, Rock Band(TM) 2. With the original Rock Band
title providing millions of players with a new way to interact with the music and artists they love, Rock Band 2 builds upon its core band
foundation to offer an unparalleled, deeper, dynamic gameplay experience.

Rock Band 2 raises the bar in music gaming innovation with new features to rock the world:

-- Local and global online modes to connect the entire Rock Band community

-- World Tour mode, now online, simplifies the best of gameplay from the original Rock Band by fusing Solo Tour and Band World Tour modes and
cranks it up a notch with an all new collection of opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues and hirable staff

-- Tour Challenges that offer rockers a chance to play through mini-campaigns focused on the best songs by instrument, decade, genre,
artist, album and more

-- Battle of the Bands mode challenges players to go head to head against other bands in constantly refreshed contests* created by Harmonix
(*internet connection required)

-- Quickplay makes it easier than ever to get in and jam without hassle while allowing for new prefab characters or customized characters that can
play on any instrument plus lets you make your own set lists and organize your song lists in a variety of categories (genre, era, etc.)

-- Customizable Set Lists keep the music rolling and your band rocking in Quickplay mode

-- Drum Trainer mode gives players the fundamentals of different beats and fills, translating gameplay into real drumming skills

-- Character Creator completes your look with all new choices in clothing, accessories, tattoos, hairstyles, instruments and more to keep
your unique rock avatar playing the full rock part

-- Backwards compatibility with all Rock Band downloadable music content released to date

-- Disc Export Feature gives owners of the original Rock Band the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into
Rock Band 2 gameplay -- the first time ever in videogame history!(1)

Rock Band 2 features the largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame to date including:

-- The Rock Band 2 soundtrack will feature over 100 songs -- with over 80 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made
available for free download this fall.

-- Unrivaled Blend of Classic, Developing and Emerging rock acts including Pearl Jam, Metallica, Allman Brothers, Motorhead, Devo, Jane's
Addiction, Megadeth, Paramore, Modest Mouse and more.

-- Rock Band 2 is the first and only video game to feature the music of AC/DC. It includes their epic rock anthem, "Let There Be Rock"

-- After 14 years since Guns N' Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track, "Shackler's Revenge"
from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy

-- For the first time ever, music from American music icon, Bob Dylan, is featured in a video game with "Tangled Up In Blue"

-- With ongoing weekly DLC releases including individual tracks, track packs and full albums, the Rock Band music library will feature more than
500 songs by year's end!

From the solid officially licensed Rock Band 2 instruments to the expanded third party options, Rock Band 2 introduces new and improved
choices that promise to deliver unsurpassed realism. In addition, Harmonix and MTV Games have become the first companies to officially support third
party instruments and accessories in a music videogame.

Achieve ultimate stardom with the upgraded functionality and smooth new look of the official Rock Band 2 instruments.

-- Fender Stratocaster Controller takes on a new authentic look plus adds a reinforced strum bar, quieter buttons, wireless functionality and a
built in calibration tool that automatically sets your AV setup to an ideal setting for maximum rock.

-- Drum set goes wireless while also featuring quieter, velocity sensitive drum pads and a metal reinforced pedal.

-- Microphone showcases authentic styling and weight.

Kick up the intensity with officially licensed third party instruments from Mad Catz:

-- Fender Telecaster Controller features soft buttons with lower action to help you shred faster than ever.

-- Fender Bass Controller, the first bass guitar controller ever, takes the shape of the Fender P-Bass with extended length, tuning pegs and a
split strum bar to replicate finger-bass style picking.

-- Full-sized Squire Stratocaster Guitar Controller multiplies the authentic guitar experience by featuring a controller built into an actual
Squire Stratocaster body.

-- Cymbal Expansion Pack is a straightforward but amazing upgrade to the Rock Band 2 drum set featuring add-on cymbals.

Take Rock Band 2 instrument authenticity to a whole new level with a high-end peripheral from ION:

-- ION Drum Rocker, a real electronic drum kit that functions as a game controller, brings the Rock Band fantasy to life featuring a simple
substitution that takes the drum kit from a controller to a real instrument.

Rock Band 2 will make its debut on Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this September and have an exclusive
launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 will be available for additional platforms later this year. Rock Band 2 will be available for the
PLAYSTATION(R) 3 and PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment systems and Wii(TM) later this year.

As previously revealed today, Rock Band will ship with an exclusive launch window on the Xbox(TM) 360(TM) videogame and entertainment system
from Microsoft in Italy, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and Benelux July 24th, and on other platforms this Fall.

The Rock Band online music store recently surpassed 16 million paid downloads since the game's launch in late November 2007. With more than 200
tracks available to date via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at http://www.rockband.com/dlc), the massive Rock Band Music Store
allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks, packs and albums from the vast selection of offerings available as
they build their own custom Rock Band library.

Rock Band 2 is rated "T" for Teen (lyrics, suggestive themes) by the ESRB.

For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit http://www.rockband.com and http://www.harmonixmusic.com.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #472 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

About MTV Networks

MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the
world's leading creators of programming and content across all media
platforms. MTV Networks, with more than 150 channels worldwide, owns and
operates the following television programming services -- MTV: MUSIC
TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV
LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN/THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE
DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of
these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its
audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than
300 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless
and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements,
joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming
services can be seen worldwide.

About MTV Games

MTV Games is dedicated to creating, marketing and publishing
high-quality, innovative interactive products that are relevant to the MTV
audience and complement the core values of the MTV Networks brands.

About Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.

Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Cambridge, MA, and established
in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented
videogames. Harmonix was founded by Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy, who
formed the company to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the
unique joy that comes from making music and have pioneered music and rhythm
gaming in the US. For more information please visit: http://www.harmonixmusic.com

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California,
is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded
in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive
software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular
handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four
brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA(TM), EA SPORTS Freestyle(TM) and POGO(TM).
In fiscal 2008, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.67 billion and had 27
titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online
game site is http://www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text
of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

(C) 2008 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix,
Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and all related titles and logos are trademarks of
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., an MTV Networks company. Rock Band and Rock
Band 2 developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV
Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a
division of Viacom International Inc All other marks are the property of
their respective owners. EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Freestyle and POGO are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S.
and/or other countries. Microsoft, Xbox. Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are
trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" and
"PLAYSTATION" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of
their respective owners.

(1) Online connection required. Nominal fee required for export of Rock
Band 1 soundtrack to compensate music licensors for expanded use. Fee still
to-be-determined but will be under $5. The list of exportable Rock Band 1
tracks has not yet been finalized as music licenses are currently in the
process of being re-acquired.

SOURCE MTV

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #473 on: July 14, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »

to start off, all I have to say is...WOOOOO

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #474 on: July 14, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »

i'm going to go back in time 8 years and tell everyone the first real gnr track released from chinese democracy will be released on a video game and see what they all say.  hahahahha.

i'm so excited to hear this.  hopefully the album's out in october/november.

HAHA, isn't that the truth. I'm sure if you had told me back in 2000 that the first single would not be released until 2008 and it would be in a videogame I would have thought you were crazy.

It seems like this is a very good sign that Chinese Democracy will be coming out this year, but who really knows with Gn'r, afterall I said the same thing when I heard that Oh My God would be included on the End of Days soundtrack in 1999.  Undecided

Hopefully, we'll get a press release from the band soon that says more than just a confirmation that the song is going to be in the game.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #475 on: July 14, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »

Chinese democracy (which also got a mention) starts now, motherfuckers!

Take it slow old man, don't run out of breath or nuthin'.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »

It's not very often you hear Pilfirk say MF. This 'Shackler's Revenge' is making people crazy  hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »

Mysteron will this be the 1st single ?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #478 on: July 14, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »

It's not very often you hear Pilfirk say MF. This 'Shackler's Revenge' is making people crazy  hihi

That's what I'm saying, get the guy a paper bag to breath into fer chrissake!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2008, 03:36:59 PM »

Se?or M. have you heard this song?

Here Today..
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: