Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497912 times)
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #400 on: July 14, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »

24. Guns N? Roses ?Shackler?s Revenge? 2000?s

and

74. The Replacements ?Alex Chilton? 1980?s

Tommy Stinson gets bragging rights-he's on two different songs! (well, presuming he's on S-Revenge....)

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #401 on: July 14, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »

Wow now this is REALLY starting to get promising.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2008, 02:02:07 PM »

Guns N' Roses to debut new single!

By the way, to debut a new single and a debut single isn't necessarily the same thing...

/jarmo

Unless something comes out before it, "Shackler's Revenge" will indeed be the first single officially released off Chinese Democracy.

Ali

It's likely.

Just saying that you need to be a bit careful of what kind of meaning you get out of what was said.....

/jarmo

I hear ya.  We should be cautious, but I just don't see any other way to interpret this, unless you don't think that just because the song will be on the game that it will be released to radio and whatnot.

I don't think it matters anyway because as the Motley Crue experience has shown anything is that the game avenue may be becoming a bigger deal than radio.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

actually I see this single being out before rockband 2

If Rockband2 doesnt come out Till Oct/Nov, that doesnt really give enough time as usually bands release singles 6 weeks or so before the album

no one releases a cd in January and November is normally the best time.

Hell, we could get a different single in August, then Shacker's and the album in November.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »

made this just caUSE IM Happy

Here Today..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »

Here's the press release from Harmonix about the official tracklisting:

Thanks.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »

good news!!  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »

By the way, to debut a new single and a debut single isn't necessarily the same thing...
I guess. But that would mean we would get a single prior to this one. Thats way too much to ask for in regards to GNR. So im sticking with this being the first single for now

I hear you. I agree with that assumption.

All I was saying is that you saw the words "debut new single" and then made the assumption, like many others. It wasn't in the article that this is the debut single from the album.

That's all.  Smiley

This is awesome news!

And I don't even have a video gaming system.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »

• After 14 years since Guns N’ Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track “Shackler's Revenge” from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy.

They didn't use the word "single", but it's interesting the band debuts a song no one has ever heard of...

kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts today/soon..... Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

? After 14 years since Guns N? Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track ?Shackler's Revenge? from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy.

They didn't use the word "single", but it's interesting the band debuts a song no one has ever heard of...

That may be just a matter of semantics.  Maybe GN'R will comment on it sometime soon and add their perspective.

Ali
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »

It seems rare that new GnR specific headlines get posted here *without* a statement being released on the band's official site.   Either way, it's great news no matter how you look at it.   beer
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »

? After 14 years since Guns N? Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track ?Shackler's Revenge? from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy.

This statement is so wrong. There have been several GN'R official music releases since 1994, including GH, Live Era. And if they are talking about new official releases they are forgetting OMG in 1999.

So, can we expect to hear the song before Sept 30th?

Does RB2 have the masters already or are just bound to?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »

This is awesome news!

And I don't even have a video gaming system

me either!

how bout we chip in and buy it and play together?

we'll call our band: 2002 Forever!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

http://www.rockband2.com/song-list Rock band updated their official list
And for those thinking of getting a system get the Xbox 360

Here Today..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »

I wouldn't expect them to do anything different and frankly I find it exciting. Grin

This is brilliant marketing strategy if you ask me.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »

Or maybe another song is coming as a first single before shackler's rockband debut.

if anyone missed it. saul posted this info earlier

The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #417 on: July 14, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »

actually I see this single being out before rockband 2

As do I. If it doesn't leak before RB2 goes on sale, it will certainly be 'attainable' once the game hits store shelves/in gamers' hands. GN'R must realize this and is using it to their advantage.

My guess...'Shackler's Revenge' is the first single from Chinese Democracy. It will also hit radio around the time of the game's release (if not just before) and the band will ride it's popularity out until the album is released in November (along with the second single).  ok

Who knows...maybe a second song will be added to the future/wider release of RB2 set to hit store shelves in November (aka...coinciding with the album's release)Huh Just speculating here  beer
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:21:29 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #418 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »

My guess...'Shackler's Revenge' is the first single from Chinese Democracy. It will also hit radio around the time of the game's release (if not just before) and the band will ride it's popularity out until the album is released in November (along with the second single). 

thats all fine and dandy but you do realize that your theory  makes too much sense

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »

This is going to be the headline for this game...

'Rock Band 2' set list includes new Guns N' Roses

Jul 14, 2008, 01:30 PM

This morning, as thousands of gamers descend on Los Angeles for the E3 Media & Business Summit, Harmonix and MTV Games, makers of the popular video game Rock Band, will announce the real set list for the much anticipated sequel Rock Band 2, scheduled to be released for the Xbox 360 platform this September. The game will feature 80 songs, all comprised of original master recordings, including "Shackler's Revenge," the first official track from Guns N? Roses' (singer Axl Rose, pictured) long-awaited Chinese Democracy album, which has been 14 years in the making and rumored to be coming out this year.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/07/rock-band-2.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: