Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497991 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #240 on: July 13, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »

What's done cannot be redone and cd is done last year I believe.
But yeah cd might be surprising us with totally new contents.

FYI Rockband2 trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36036.html
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »

According to Del, the CD was done in Feb last year.

If that's truly the case, it's quite remarkable that the song stayed undercover for so long.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »

It's not only this song that stay undercover. according to richard and bas there're songs for 3/4 albums.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »

it's quite remarkable that the song stayed undercover for so long.

It is pretty exciting.. just when you thought you had heard 90% of Chinese Democracy.... who knows what the hell we have heard. Some of the songs we know of could be thrown out or held from this album in favor of something else.

It turns out we DON'T know what we're getting for Christmas already Smiley
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »

cool! Thanks Mysteron! Great info!  ok

This is the best news i have heard in a long time!
This new song title is awsome by the way! Wonder if it is a rocker, or something heavy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2008, 07:01:59 PM »

From the New York Times Service

"A decade and a half after releasing its previous album, Guns N? Roses plans to put out a new song in September ? on the video game ?Rock Band 2.? MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular ?Rock Band? game will include ?Shackler?s Revenge,? a track from the Guns N? Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade, said people familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the arrangement has yet to be announced.

The inclusion of the song on a game suggests that the Guns N? Roses album ?Chinese Democracy? will come out this fall, after years of delays. Axl Rose, who has selected replacements for the other original members, has said that the album is finished, but a release date has not been announced.

MTV and Universal Music Group, Guns N? Roses? label, declined to comment on the deal.

Guns N? Roses? plan to reintroduce its music to the public in a video game underscores how important to the music business games have become ? especially ?Rock Band? and Activision?s ?Guitar Hero? series, which allow gamers to play along with songs on instrument-shaped plastic controllers. ?Rock Band 2? will also include songs from marquee acts like AC/DC and Rush; the game may also feature music by Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan, according to a track listing leaked online. Activision recently released a version of ?Guitar Hero? dedicated to Aerosmith, and a game based on Metallica is due next year."

Credit goes to bigbri from GNRevolution

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gav
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »

well well!

shits could be happenin!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »

"A decade and a half after releasing its previous album, Guns N? Roses plans to put out a new song in September ? on the video game ?Rock Band 2.? MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular ?Rock Band? game will include ?Shackler?s Revenge,? a track from the Guns N? Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade, said people familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the arrangement has yet to be announced.

The inclusion of the song on a game suggests that the Guns N? Roses album ?Chinese Democracy? will come out this fall, after years of delays. Axl Rose, who has selected replacements for the other original members, has said that the album is finished, but a release date has not been announced.

MTV and Universal Music Group, Guns N? Roses? label, declined to comment on the deal.

Guns N? Roses? plan to reintroduce its music to the public in a video game underscores how important to the music business games have become ? especially ?Rock Band? and Activision?s ?Guitar Hero? series, which allow gamers to play along with songs on instrument-shaped plastic controllers. ?Rock Band 2? will also include songs from marquee acts like AC/DC and Rush; the game may also feature music by Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan, according to a track listing leaked online. Activision recently released a version of ?Guitar Hero? dedicated to Aerosmith, and a game based on Metallica is due next year."

Damn, beat me to it. Was just going to post this.

But let me say.

FUCK YES!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »

To think this song could be better than "Better" and earns the honor of being the first GNR song in the new era and possibly the bands first single is mind boggling.

"Better" has all the ingredients and is simply amazing. Axl says no, I might have something even tastier......

cant wait!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:26:50 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »

Planned Guns N? Roses Deal Underscores Power of Video Games to Sell Songs

By ROBERT LEVINE
Published: July 14, 2008

A decade and a half after releasing its previous album, Guns N? Roses plans to put out a new song in September ? on the video game Rock Band 2. MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular Rock Band game will include ?Shackler?s Revenge,? a track from the Guns N? Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade, said people familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the arrangement has yet to be announced.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/arts/music/14guns.html?ref=media

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »

^ I just read that article online ...VERY COOL they at least use a cool "NEW" pic of AXL instead of old ones!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »

Please various Gods let this song be in RB2..... nervous
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »

This is GREAT news

Can't wait to hear Axl singing over a Buckethead composed rocker
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »

^ I just read that article online ...VERY COOL they at least use a cool "NEW" pic of AXL instead of old ones!

Hell yes Jaz!  That pic of Axl is totally kick-ass. 

Younggunner, yes.  To think it beat out Better for "1st single" says a lot.   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »

Very cool.  I am going to wait to get too excited though.  I have been let down before.  Still very good news.  Mysteron, what's the latest with the cd?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2008, 11:27:40 PM »

Man I'd love to hear from Mysteron on this. Just when I thought I'd get some sleep, now I'm so excited I can't sleep. Can't wait for some new news.

I wonder what I'll do with my time once the wait finally ends someday?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

Id say a lot of whats been heard will be on the album BUT once CD comes out, that probably means the albums will start rolling out in short time spans.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

I'm guessing "Shackler's Revenge" is one of the BIG GUNS Axl is holding back...I thought "Better" would get the nod for the game but I guess not.  Can't wait to hear some new music/news! ok
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:10 AM »

Just don't let it end up like the Harley commercial. So much excitement for one hell of a letdown. I am getting RB2 anyway, but it would be damn nice to play a new guns song on it.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2008, 02:11:49 AM »

I am very happy the first single isnt something they have already played live.

Better is a good song, Dont think its the first song Id want people waiting 10 years to hear though.

Need something to show that he can still rock

Better is probably my least favorite of the songs played live.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: