Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 498023 times)
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2008, 07:36:36 PM »

I don't know for sure but I THINK it's the record company.  At least from reading accounts on the making of Appetite in "Reckless Road".  I think it was Tom Zutaut who said they hid "Sweet Child O' Mine" towards the end of the album because he knew radio people would tend to just listen to the first couple of songs on the album.  Reason being, he KNEW that song would be a huge hit, or at least had a strong feeling.  He didn't want that song to be the first one out for the band.  Wanted a more raunchy sounding ROCK song.  So I don't know if that's still the case or is even typical, but that's the story from back in 1987.  Maybe now that GNR is an established act they may have more of a say though.

It was Mike Clink who said that about SCOM.

I would guess the record company has more input if it's a new band they wanna make big. With CD and all the intros and talk of interludes and trilogies it's probably all in the hands of Axl. Don't think he spent all this time working on it to have someone else just pick 12 songs at random.

Also, I'm really excited about how this (if true) would reestablish GnR as the greatest rock band on the planet and get people interested in the new music. The first song to be officially released from this project isn't gonna be just any old song, it will be something awesome.  drool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »

what excites me so much also about Rockband2 besides the obvious is:

Maybe this means we are going to get a super kick ass rocker from GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2008, 10:54:42 PM »

I don't know for sure but I THINK it's the record company.  At least from reading accounts on the making of Appetite in "Reckless Road".  I think it was Tom Zutaut who said they hid "Sweet Child O' Mine" towards the end of the album because he knew radio people would tend to just listen to the first couple of songs on the album.  Reason being, he KNEW that song would be a huge hit, or at least had a strong feeling.  He didn't want that song to be the first one out for the band.  Wanted a more raunchy sounding ROCK song.  So I don't know if that's still the case or is even typical, but that's the story from back in 1987.  Maybe now that GNR is an established act they may have more of a say though.

It was Mike Clink who said that about SCOM.

I would guess the record company has more input if it's a new band they wanna make big. With CD and all the intros and talk of interludes and trilogies it's probably all in the hands of Axl. Don't think he spent all this time working on it to have someone else just pick 12 songs at random.

Also, I'm really excited about how this (if true) would reestablish GnR as the greatest rock band on the planet and get people interested in the new music. The first song to be officially released from this project isn't gonna be just any old song, it will be something awesome.  drool
Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about which songs would be on CD, I was talking about the order in which they would appear.  Although you're probably right.  Since GNR is an established name band if Axl wanted the songs to go in a certain order I'm sure his input would hold some weight.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »

To me I think the neogations are done ! but I think their waiting for a certain date to announce it.  I mean we have possibly a song from CD on rock band 2, who know's what else they have planned.  It shall be intresting how they go about a music video if any info on the shoot were its located is leaked or they keeping it top secret ? either way I think were gonna be sippin on DR Pepper pretty soon. 

my projected CD tracklisting

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
4. Better * first single video
5. TWAT
6. IRS
7. Schacklers Revenge * RB 2 ( two songs will be anounced with Better getting more promotion) or possibly Better being single 2.
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
5. TWAT
6. IRS
7. Schacklers Revenge * RB 2 ( two songs will be anounced with Better getting more promotion) or possibly Better being single 2.
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

I bet you are way off.   We have no idea whats going to be on the album aside from Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar,  Better, and probably the title track.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

maybe schacklers revenge is not gonna be in the album
and it is gonna be an only rock band realase

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
5. TWAT
6. IRS
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

I bet you are way off.   We have no idea whats going to be on the album aside from Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar,  Better, and probably the title track.

I AGREE WITH YOU lol

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »

maybe schacklers revenge is not gonna be in the album
and it is gonna be an only rock band realase
Mysteron said earlier today it's gonna be on CD.  As for the rest of CD though, who knows at this point.  They kept Shackler's Revenge a secret from us for this long, who's to say there aren't many more?  And we thought we had it all figured out?  Silly us!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2008, 06:19:57 AM »

"They" are also saying Catcher will not be on CD...(and some are happy about that but I'm not; maybe it will appear in the future or as a B-side or an extra song in a special edition)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »

apparently there're three albums or more to come one after another.

But like mysteron said, lets focus on shackler for now. who is the shackler? I'm so curious.

Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »

The thing is, Mysteron might not be privy to ALL the info in the GnR world or simply may not want to spoil the surprise for us. And thats fair enough, i mean he tells us more then enough really. I'd prefer it if we got the "big details" from the band themselves(such as a release date, tracklisting, promo etc). So right now we know Shackler's Revenge is a new GnR song and that it pretty much being seriously considered for Rock Band II which comes out in September. If this is true(which we will find out on the 14th when the tracklist for the game becomes public) expect a 2008 release.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »

We'll see what happens.  It's all exciting.  I don't see myself buying Rockband for the song, but I'll be buying multiple copies of CD.  There is something more here then what we've seen.  Everyone is trying to guess the tracklist, and we can come up with almost 12 rumored songs, but then out of the blue comes Shackler's Revenge, so who only knows what the final list will be.  If it's a Bucket song, then being on Rockband is a perfect fit.  I hope its like Nottingham Lace, or Soothsayer.

Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2008, 12:39:43 PM »

This is just awesome. Hope the song gets confirmed for the game, then we might start to get some more album info or even promo for it - imagine that!!! Al the guessing at tracklists so far is probably way off. There's gonna be loads of song titles we've never heard of, and the ones we have could be on any of the next few albums. That makes it more exciting. Its like waiting for Christamas as a kid!  Grin
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

I'd prefer it if we got the "big details" from the band themselves(such as a release date, tracklisting, promo etc).
Really, because I'd love to know the tracklist.  Wink

If this is true(which we will find out on the 14th
Not necessarily, it's not confirmed if they will reveal the entire tracklist or not. It's up to GN'R and Harmonix. But I will say IF the album is on it's way, I would think it'd be smart to let it out now.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:20:39 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »

I'd prefer it if we got the "big details" from the band themselves(such as a release date, tracklisting, promo etc).
Really, because I'd love to know the tracklist.  Wink

If this is true(which we will find out on the 14th
Not necessarily, it's not confirmed if they will reveal the entire tracklist or not. It's up to GN'R and Harmonix. But I will say IF the album is on it's way, I would think it'd be smart to let it out now.

Well if the game is meant to be out in September and the song is on there, there should be a far bit of notice before hand. Axl said it takes 8 weeks to press the record, and September is only 2 months away really. Not saying the album will be out in September, but shortly after if Shacklers Revenge is going to be on Rock Band II. So we should expect "some" kind of announcement regarding the Rock Band II thing soon(if its true which it seems to be).
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »

Rockband 2 will be showed on the E3 expo in LA.
Monday July 14 3.00 PM there will be an EA press conference and Wednessday July 16 12.00 PM
there will be Rockband 2 demo.

Is monday the date to watch or will we have to wait untill Wednessday IF there is something to wait for ?
(Guitar Hero will not be there ?)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

Rockband 2 will be showed on the E3 expo in LA.
Monday July 14 3.00 PM there will be an EA press conference and Wednessday July 16 12.00 PM
there will be Rockband 2 demo.

Is monday the date to watch or will we have to wait untill Wednessday IF there is something to wait for ?
(Guitar Hero will not be there ?)
I think you'll probably get SOME information on Monday than some more on Wednesday, but still not all.  They're supposedly announcing the songs sporadically and not all at once.  So bottom line, we still may know nothing official next week.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
5. TWAT
6. IRS
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

I bet you are way off.   We have no idea whats going to be on the album aside from Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar,  Better, and probably the title track.

I AGREE WITH YOU lol

I agree, too, but it would make sense that a lot of the live tracks are going to be on there (IRS, Bluse, TWAT, CD, etc), because Axl had planned to have the CD out much sooner. Typically bands are playing these newer songs that are going to be on the album. Although, hell, they could just be songs he likes and they won't be. I don't know. I am however, willing to bet based on the leaked Harley commercial that Better is on there.

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »

To me I think the neogations are done ! but I think their waiting for a certain date to announce it.  I mean we have possibly a song from CD on rock band 2, who know's what else they have planned.  It shall be intresting how they go about a music video if any info on the shoot were its located is leaked or they keeping it top secret ? either way I think were gonna be sippin on DR Pepper pretty soon. 

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
5. TWAT
6. IRS
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

I really think because of the leaks that occurred in June, very few of the above listed songs will make it on to the marketed CD.

More likely, we'll get an album compiled of songs that managed to avoid being leaked, so it will be new to everyone.

The bulk of the material that did leak will be released on future GN'R projects.

Just an opinion.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad
3. If The World
5. TWAT
6. IRS
8. The Blues
9. Prositute
10.Madagascar
11. Catcher in the rye
12. This I Love
13. Sorry

I really think because of the leaks that occurred in June, very few of the above listed songs will make it on to the marketed CD.

More likely, we'll get an album compiled of songs that managed to avoid being leaked, so it will be new to everyone.

The bulk of the material that did leak will be released on future GN'R projects.

Just an opinion.
That would be great.  I'll take it either way, but if we get a majority of songs that we've never heard, that'd be just fantastic.  Maybe the leaks were just to keep us tied up while we waited.  Maybe they were to divert our attention or throw us off.  Maybe they will be on CD, or maybe they were gonna be on CD until they leaked.  This might be a conversation for another day, but I'd love to hear the story behind the making of Chinese Democracy.  A DVD, a book.  I'd almost be as interested in that than CD itself.  Almost.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: