Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497962 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »

Any news is good news
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

This is exciting.  A real honest to god credible rumor.  It's been so long since we had something so tangible to muse about.  What we know:

1.  Shackler's revenge is a new GNR song
2.  It will be on CD
3.  It may be out September 17th with rockband 2
4.  The album is done
5.  The band has new credible management
6.  Negotiations have been going on for some time now

Man, a single at the same time as the video game and the album out in November sure seems like the play here.  Using a video game to help jump start he promotion is awesome as well.  I cannot think of a reason this would not be IT!

I have never utter these words before, but

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!"
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Well if im correct the E3 conference starts either like tomorrow, or early next week. Hopefully they will give us some proper info. Otherwise, this could always be passed off as one of the songs that will be released in time via downloadable content from XBL or PSN.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »

Mysteron,
 I have a lot of respect for you.  You clearly know more about the behind the scenes with the band, and do not ever tip your hand with all of the pressure and questions we ask.  That takes a lot of fortitude.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2008, 04:48:56 PM »

Yeah, everything is lined up

September single, NOvember release that is perfect.

CD out in 08!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »

Shackler's Revenge starts NOW! If this is the single, we will hear it before September.Either it would be released to radio or someone with an advance copy of the game would rip it.So, we should be only about 5-6 weeks away from a GNR song we have never heard! Good job Azoff!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »

Bit off topic but do u play rockband Jarmo?

At least not yet.  hihi

Mysteron , if you confirmed that Shackler's will be on ChiDem, then I would imagine the tracklisting is finalized, correct? Do you know any more about Catcher in the Rye?

I would assume that since the album is done, all the songs going on the album are also done. Logic....

When you know what songs need to be done in order to have the whole album done, you automatically know the track listing....  Wink

I guess the only thing you could debate about is whether or not the exact order of the songs is finalized.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »

Bit off topic but do u play rockband Jarmo?

At least not yet.  hihi

Mysteron , if you confirmed that Shackler's will be on ChiDem, then I would imagine the tracklisting is finalized, correct? Do you know any more about Catcher in the Rye?

I would assume that since the album is done, all the songs going on the album are also done. Logic....

When you know what songs need to be done in order to have the whole album done, you automatically know the track listing....  Wink

I guess the only thing you could debate about is whether or not the exact order of the songs is finalized.

/jarmo

Well, from various people we have heard there are 70 plus songs. I wasn't sure if part of the hold up in negotiations was deciding which of those 70 or so songs ended up on ChiDem. Then again, for all I know GNR turned in 14 songs and said, here this is the album.Basically I was trying to find out more about Catcher as it is one of my favorite GNR songs ever.I hope that the band has plans for it even if it is on a future album.

Also, thanks Jarmo for leaving my banned title up, it makes, me unique I guess.Plus I like the messages asking, how are you still posting while banned!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »

/jarmo

Who's job is it to finalize that?

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

This would be great news, if true, and you'd have to think that'd get the ball rolling for the unleashing of Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy.  A light at the end of the VERY LONG tunnel?  It seems like it, nothing official yet though so temper the excitement until then.  At the very least things appear to be continuing in the right direction.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2008, 05:14:17 PM »

/jarmo

Ours, haven't you heard? The GNR community rules! I would guess that GNR/Azoff decide that along with input from the Record Company.

Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »

/jarmo

Ours, haven't you heard? The GNR community rules!

What?!! The GN'R community gets to decide the exact order of the songs! ??

No, seriously, thanks for your guess but specifically, is it the artist's decision or the record company's? Surely it is only the artist that has the vision about that one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:24:24 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2008, 05:27:36 PM »

/jarmo

Ours, haven't you heard? The GNR community rules!

What?!! The GN'R community gets to decide the exact order of the songs! ??

No, seriously, thanks for your guess but specifically, is it the artist's decision or the record company's?
I don't know for sure but I THINK it's the record company.  At least from reading accounts on the making of Appetite in "Reckless Road".  I think it was Tom Zutaut who said they hid "Sweet Child O' Mine" towards the end of the album because he knew radio people would tend to just listen to the first couple of songs on the album.  Reason being, he KNEW that song would be a huge hit, or at least had a strong feeling.  He didn't want that song to be the first one out for the band.  Wanted a more raunchy sounding ROCK song.  So I don't know if that's still the case or is even typical, but that's the story from back in 1987.  Maybe now that GNR is an established act they may have more of a say though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »

I was always under the impression that the band does the tracklisting etc. They usually try to follow some sort of theme or balance.

Like u dont want too many ballads in a row or songs in similiar keys back to back............

Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »

That's exactly what I started typing a while back! Got distracted.

Now unless the guys at the record company are also musicians, it would have to be up to the artist to specify the flow.

I can't see Axl not having a major say about this.

What's the old school lingo? "Concept Album" I think he has a pretty good idea as to how the album sounds by now.

So, going back to Jarmo saying that the only thing to debate is whether or not the order of songs has been finalised - I'd say that has been decided as part of the song writing processes and the record company would have been given instructions when the masters were handed in.

Sure, the record company may have some more say in what the first single should be by providing some idea of what the market is into.

Yeh, keys are an important factor...

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »

/jarmo

Depends on whether you want to believe that "the album is done" means "the final mixes are complete" or "the masters are done". Because if the masters are done, they are used during mass-production. Once the final mixes are completed, the track order is organized, etc., then those final mixes are transferred to a master. That master is a physical device sorta like a hard-drive.

Thus, if the masters are completed, they use those to make the albums (physical CDs) and the track listing would be in order. Regardless, everything happening now is good news and very exciting for us fans. I had a feeling that July was going to be a good month...

Smiley
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

see though, this is where this gets tricky..........

if CD comes out in November, will Robin be finished with NIN before then?

Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »

Ah, he only needs to be ready for the next tour.

Logic D Logic!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »

Depends on whether you want to believe that "the album is done" means "the final mixes are complete" or "the masters are done". Because if the masters are done, they are used during mass-production. Once the final mixes are completed, the track order is organized, etc., then those final mixes are transferred to a master. That master is a physical device sorta like a hard-drive.

Umm, it was finished in 2007....

As I said, I assume that if you finish an album you've finished work on all the songs going on it. Possibly even more than just those songs, but you have an idea of what songs will be on it....

It wouldn't make sense to finish like two songs and say the album is done.

Unless it's a concept album with two very long songs.  hihi

I was always under the impression that the band does the tracklisting etc. They usually try to follow some sort of theme or balance.

Like u dont want too many ballads in a row or songs in similiar keys back to back............

Yeah, and you might want certain kinds of songs to be on the same album. Or not.

Sometimes you want all the songs to be different kinds of songs....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

Umm, it was finished in 2007....

/jarmo

Yes, I have no doubt that the album was fully completed in 2007 which includes the final mixes. But you were talking about whether or not the tracklist was fully arranged and my point was that if the MASTERS are completed and not just the final mixes, then the track list would be in order because they use the masters for mass production.

So if the masters were done, they could conceivably start printing the album tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: