Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497884 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »

I don't know much about this game or its predecesor, but surely the chances of a brand new, unheard song making it on the track-list have to be slim?

I would be well pleased if it was, but doesn't November Rain make more sense (or another 'old' classic)?

No, not really.

Motley Crue released Saints of Los Angeles via Rock band's downloadable content...I think before you could even buy the single.  Aerosmith has mentioned releasing any new material/singles off their forthcoming album for "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" as downloadable content, too....as (or before) they're released to radio.

Now, I'm not comparing Motley to GnR, but other bands have talked about doing it, too.

It has some distinct advantages:

The games are very popular, so you're reaching a good sized, music savy (or at least music INTERESTED) audience.

It's a decent revenue stream, with CD sales being crap.

It gets pretty good media mentions (Crue got quite a bit of mainstream press doing it).

And to add something to that, the Rock Band download of 'Saints of Los Angeles' actually sold BETTER than the single off iTunes...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

And to add something to that, the Rock Band download of 'Saints of Los Angeles' actually sold BETTER than the single off iTunes...

It kinda makes sense.

Buying a regular single or digital one lets you listen to the song (and maybe sing along)....

But when you add it to the game, it takes the interactivity to a whole new level.

So imagine having a new game you like and being able to play along to your favorite artist's new single....

I guess just listening to a song isn't good enough anymore.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »

I know nothing of Rock Band 2, but I am 100 per cent sure that Shackler's Revenge is a new GN'R song.

Whoever started this rumo(u)r managed to pull the title of a new GN'R song out of the air from somewhere.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »

It kinda makes sense.

Buying a regular single or digital one lets you listen to the song (and maybe sing along)....

But when you add it to the game, it takes the interactivity to a whole new level.

So imagine having a new game you like and being able to play along to your favorite artist's new single....

/jarmo

Bit off topic but do u play rockband Jarmo?

We could have the official HTGTH Rock Band Band!

Here is the big question

Does this mean Shackler's will be on CD or a future album?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »

It kinda makes sense.

/jarmo

Here is the big question

It will be on CD.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »

I know nothing of Rock Band 2, but I am 100 per cent sure that Shackler's Revenge is a new GN'R song.

Whoever started this rumo(u)r managed to pull the title of a new GN'R song out of the air from somewhere.

Who ever pulled it out of the air, must be a great guesser.  Asking me what Shacklers Revenge was before this thread, would be like asking me if I knew the winning lotto numbers .....
.............I would have no way of knowing or making a realistic guess.
Being a GNR fan is always exciting !!!!!

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »

It kinda makes sense.

/jarmo

Here is the big question

It will be on CD.
Thanks for the info Se?or M  ok

Here Today..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »

I'll be honest. I am excited.

I think CD is out this year.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »

It will be on CD.
Now thats the kind of statement I have been looking for from you. You have the balls the put your credibility on the line then that is enough for me to respect and appreciate your insight.

Mysteron...Merck had once made the comment that the label would not negotiate with the band until the masters were handed over. Do you know why Axl didnt hand the masters over at the time and have the masters been handed over now?

thanks

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »

20(,000) questions... WOULD you know if the song was included in Rock Band 2?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

20(,000) questions... WOULD you know if the song was included in Rock Band 2?

Only the band and/or the people behind the game should announce this kind of information. It is not for me to know.

The Rock Band 2 rumo(u)r is credible. That is a far as I can push it.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »

The game has to be done. If the song is in, then it is in unless it is just a song that we will be able to purchase in the future and add to the game. As I stated before it is highly unlikely some video game fan found that song title (before it was confirmed by Mysteron) and then made a fake screen shot just to fuck with GNR fans. The good news is that if it is in the game, then CD has to be out this year, right?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2008, 03:44:58 PM »

have the masters been handed over now?

I've heard that it is all out of Axl's hands now.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »

^^ At least is sounds like we won't go the remainder of the year without hearing from GNR. I'm pretty excited about that. If that means "single", great. If that means "album".......................  Shocked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »

worse comes to worse we are still going to hear a brand new GNR song this year.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2008, 03:47:52 PM »

have the masters been handed over now?

I've heard that it is all out of Axl's hands now.

and you are? we should believe you?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »

Mysteron , if you confirmed that Shackler's will be on ChiDem, then I would imagine the tracklisting is finalized, correct? Do you know any more about Catcher in the Rye?

Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »

Mysteron , if you confirmed that Shackler's will be on ChiDem, then I would imagine the tracklisting is finalized, correct? Do you know any more about Catcher in the Rye?

I second that! Wink Actually, I don't need even want to know if it is on Chinese Democracy ... I just want to know that I haven't heard the last of it!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »

For another day I think.

Let's stay with Shackler for now and see where it goes.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »

For another day I think.

Let's stay with Shackler for now and see where it goes.

Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.   Rock Band 2 is a *great* way to introduce the band to new fans, as well as reintroduce them to seasoned fans, not to mention fantastic publicity for the album in and of itself.   Assuming, that is, that the album is available sometime around the game's release, to strike while the iron's hot, if you will. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: