Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497726 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »

From what I've read, the game will be shown at the E3 show in Los Angeles next week.

Yep. And the developers of the game have stated that at the very least SOME of the tracklist will be revealed, NOT all as other people are claiming.

November Rain

The "November Rain" tracklist rumor has been been confirmed false by many parties, just fyi. And any GN'R is better than no GN'R, but I'd be disappointed if it were an old song
for many reasons. And even if there isn't any new songs in the game initially, they could conceivably have an add-on pack of all CD songs if they wanted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:58:28 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »

Rockband and games like these are the way to make up money lost from DL's.

Also, its a great way to promote a new product etc. as people who normally wouldnt care, will buy the song and become interested in the album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »

And for the record, the first 10 songs from RB 2 were revealed recently:

Cheap Trick "Hello There"
Dream Theater "Panic Attack "
Elvis Costello "Pump it Up"
Foo Fighters "Everlong"
Journey "Anyway You Want It"
Mot?rhead "Ace of Spades"
The Muffs "Kids in America"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give it Away"
System of a Down "Chop Suey"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

And all ten appeared on the rumored leaked tracklist. This is very good news for us GN'R fans.  Grin beer peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »

Foo Fighters "Everlong"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

And all ten appeared on the rumored leaked tracklist. This is very good news for us GN'R fans.  Grin beer peace

i'll just say "cool"  Grin
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »

Foo Fighters "Everlong"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

Except for the Journey and Motorhead songs, that's quite a list of CRAP.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2008, 07:45:34 PM »

Foo Fighters "Everlong"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

The Who is crap? RHCP is crap? WOW
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »

Foo Fighters "Everlong"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

Holy shit, I can't believe there are two bands that contrast as much as Journey and Motohead.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2008, 08:00:45 PM »

It has to be real. You are gonna tell me that some game fan online happened to come across the title of a GNR song that none of us (the hardest of the hardcore fans) had ever heard of?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »

Most (if not all, the only one I am unsure of is the Elvis Costello song) of those songs were leaked in a screen shot of the game a few days before those leaked lists came out.

However, I agree with the above poster that how in the world would this guy know the name of the new GnR song and decide to fabricate a list of songs to be on Rock Band 2 and include it on there.  That's why I think the list is real.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »

It's confirmed that is a Gn'R and not a Buckethead song? Kinda strange for me, if u see that list there is a lot of classics n' old material, seems strange a soundtrack full of old songs from classic bands mostly n' a new song of Gn'r...
By the way, don't u remember that Gn'R used to play Who's Pinball Wizard in the middle of a song (mmm... Patience I think but i'm not sure)... Remember to heard that on Argentina '93 with Axl jamming on drums  hihi
gav
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2008, 03:00:30 AM »

Despite my earlier post my belief is that a deal HAS been made for Shackler's revenge to be on RB2. There is no way this can be BS.

With that said I'm sure we're goin to have to keep our knackers crossed that gnr don't back out at the last minute, so to speak (Harley Davidson anyone?).

From what was said by MrBuckethead earlier, it appears that the entire tracklist will NOT be divulged next week, so theoretically that gives gnr some more time to back out fof this thing imo.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »

It has to be real. You are gonna tell me that some game fan online happened to come across the title of a GNR song that none of us (the hardest of the hardcore fans) had ever heard of?

I'm in your school of thought, dude. There's simply no way that title came out of nowhere. I've been scouring these forums for almost 10 years now, and have NEVER heard the title "Shackler's Revenge", and then it's mentioned, and then is confirmed as a legit song? I would be skeptical if it was "Better" or "Chinese Democracy", but there HAS to be some truth to this. Even if one of the guys at Harmonix was a Guns fanatic, I sincerely doubt he could've found a legit, unheard title of a song. No way...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »

I'm in your school of thought, dude. There's simply no way that title came           "out of nowhere"              . I've been scouring these forums for almost 10 years now, and have NEVER heard the title "Shackler's Revenge", and then it's mentioned, and then is confirmed as a legit song? I would be skeptical if it was "Better" or "Chinese Democracy", but there HAS to be some truth to this. Even if one of the guys at Harmonix was                     "a Guns fanatic",                    I sincerely doubt he could've found a legit, unheard title of a song. No way...

If he is a Guns fanatic and a Buckethead fanatic he could make a new song for GNR and put it above the nr. 10 in the list... everything is possible but not everything is probable; I hope you are right and therefore I think you are. When E3 starts I will be on the beach far from home but I think I'm gonna look for an Internet cafe...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:46:50 AM by GNRVahland » Logged
Morley
Opening Act

There's stories to be told...

« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2008, 09:05:36 AM »

I'm in your school of thought, dude. There's simply no way that title came           "out of nowhere"              . I've been scouring these forums for almost 10 years now, and have NEVER heard the title "Shackler's Revenge", and then it's mentioned, and then is confirmed as a legit song? I would be skeptical if it was "Better" or "Chinese Democracy", but there HAS to be some truth to this. Even if one of the guys at Harmonix was                     "a Guns fanatic",                    I sincerely doubt he could've found a legit, unheard title of a song. No way...

If he is a Guns fanatic and a Buckethead fanatic he could make a new song for GNR and put it above the nr. 10 in the list... everything is possible but not everything is probable; I hope you are right and therefore I think you are. When E3 starts I will be on the beach far from home but I think I'm gonna look for an Internet cafe...

I think that isnt  the case.

we had a confirmation that  "Shackler's Revenge" is a song from GNR. How in a hell this "fanatic guy" knew?

WE don't knew.

'Morley

Here Today... I'm afraid... nervous
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »

From what I've read, the game will be shown at the E3 show in Los Angeles next week.

Maybe some of the questions regarding the track list will be revealed then?

/jarmo

It's possible.

HISTORICALLY, the track lists for the game are some of the last info that comes out. Usually, some of it leaks, but the majority of it is revealed in different "exclusives" with different gaming media (print and on line) in the run up to the release of the game.

We probably will get a few tracks mentioned at E3, though......but likely not all of them.  Well, unless they change tactics (which is entirely possible) from previous releases.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »

Foo Fighters "Everlong"
The Who "Pinball Wizard"

Yup, they all appeared on a "preview" (via G4 and a couple other sources) of the game.  The song names all appeared on the song select screen, I think.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »

I don't know much about this game or its predecesor, but surely the chances of a brand new, unheard song making it on the track-list have to be slim?

I would be well pleased if it was, but doesn't November Rain make more sense (or another 'old' classic)?

No, not really.

Motley Crue released Saints of Los Angeles via Rock band's downloadable content...I think before you could even buy the single.  Aerosmith has mentioned releasing any new material/singles off their forthcoming album for "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" as downloadable content, too....as (or before) they're released to radio.

Now, I'm not comparing Motley to GnR, but other bands have talked about doing it, too.

It has some distinct advantages:

The games are very popular, so you're reaching a good sized, music savy (or at least music INTERESTED) audience.

It's a decent revenue stream, with CD sales being crap.

It gets pretty good media mentions (Crue got quite a bit of mainstream press doing it).

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »

I think that isnt  the case.

we had a confirmation that  "Shackler's Revenge" is a song from GNR. How in a hell this "fanatic guy" knew?

The fanatic of GNR, bh and the game has to be an insider.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »

If Shacklers Revenge is a Buckethead GNR song, like Better is Robin's song.  Then its going to be awesome.  Some of my favorite BH songs, Big Sur Moon, Nottingham Lace, Soothsayer ... just picture those songs with Axl singing.  Did the GNR manager confirm this was going to happen ?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

as far as I know the management talked about games and GNR this much.

Irving Azoff, whose Front Line Management manages Aerosmith and other major artists, says videogame deals can be "much more lucrative than anything you can do in the record business."...
...Mr. Azoff says music videogames can also help his clients by boosting traditional music sales. Sales of Aerosmith's "Same Old Song and Dance" shot up 130% in the week following the release of Guitar Hero 3, which included the track, Activision says.
Clients including Van Halen, the Eagles, Steely Dan and Guns N' Roses "all have deals of varying types in the works with one or the other or both of these companies," says Mr. Azoff, referring to the makers of Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121487474239618065.html

the article also says

MTV, for its part, has started making a bigger push to capitalize on the public awareness of new music releases by making downloadable Rock Band versions of songs available on the same day the traditional versions are released on CDs and iTunes.

In any case as Mysteron confirmed the song titled shacklers revenge is a genuine gnr song.
wonder who the shacker is. It's not Trunks is it?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: