Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497495 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2008, 06:28:30 PM »

any chance you can get Bucket back in the band for us?

I would hope Bucket would never put himself through all that again.  ok

Bumble should be able to mimic B's parts well enough.

I'm not really sure what that first comment is supposed to mean, but Ron does a little more than just mimic Bucket's parts.  The guy's a gifted guitarist himself.

Anywho, thanks very much for sharing the info on the song.  I hope it does come out with Rock Band.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

I'm not really sure what that first comment is supposed to mean, but Ron does a little more than just mimic Bucket's parts.  The guy's a gifted guitarist himself.

Anywho, thanks very much for sharing the info on the song.  I hope it does come out with Rock Band.

Ali
Agreed. He's wasn't just fortunate enough to record his inputs on the album, he earned every right to be there with talent.

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »

[I'm not really sure what that first comment is supposed to mean, but Ron does a little more than just mimic Bucket's parts. 

Yeah. He now mimics Robin's parts as well!

OK, perhaps not... I agree, though. And after listening to Bumblefoot a lot lately, I'm starting to  think that 1 Ron could end up with both Bucket and Robin parts if the need arises....
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

The description of the song by saul sounds very intriguing  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »

Don't forget the free shared Dr Pepper!

/jarmo

Dude, I'd give Bucket a full case of Dr. Pepper! His "There Was A Time" solo is amazing. If only we could hear him play it live...
Even though Bucket is technically a former member, both he and Axl are perfectionists and I could definitely see the two working together
down the road as well.

Please Uncle Axl!!  Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

the game's entire soundtrack is going to be revealed July 14th at the E3 gaming festival.
Where?s that quote from?
Link?

Rock Band 2's 80+ tracks set to be announced at E3

Posted Jul 3rd 2008 10:30AM by Dustin Burg

58 has been done before. 60 is too small of a jump. 70 is getting closer, but still isn't awe inspiring. Now 80, 80 is a number that can be celebrated and a number that accurately describes the number of master tracks that will be included with Rock Band 2.

According to an AP interview with the CEO of Harmonix Alex Rigopulos, Rock Band 2 "will feature a playlist of over 80 songs -- all master recordings" including more " female-fronted bands and artists who have never contributed tunes to a music game." Rigopulos also confirmed that in a few weeks during E3, they plan on announcing the entire setlist for the game of which a few tracks have already been leaked. It's also interesting to hear that Harmonix plans on "broadening the musical genres of available downloadable content" for Rock Band, with MTV president Van Toffler mentioning that they plan to take the Rock Band platform and open it up to "the genres of music to country, hip-hop and R&B". Not so "Rock" Band, but musically diverse ... interesting.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/03/rock-band-2s-80-tracks-set-to-be-announced-at-e3/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

the game's entire soundtrack is going to be revealed July 14th at the E3 gaming festival.
Where?s that quote from?
Link?

58 has been done before. 60 is too small of a jump. 70 is getting closer, but still isn't awe inspiring. Now 80, 80 is a number that can be celebrated and a number that accurately describes the number of master tracks that will be included with Rock Band 2.

According to an AP interview with the CEO of Harmonix Alex Rigopulos, Rock Band 2 "will feature a playlist of over 80 songs -- all master recordings" including more " female-fronted bands and artists who have never contributed tunes to a music game." Rigopulos also confirmed that in a few weeks during E3, they plan on announcing the entire setlist for the game of which a few tracks have already been leaked. It's also interesting to hear that Harmonix plans on "broadening the musical genres of available downloadable content" for Rock Band, with MTV president Van Toffler mentioning that they plan to take the Rock Band platform and open it up to "the genres of music to country, hip-hop and R&B". Not so "Rock" Band, but musically diverse ... interesting.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/03/rock-band-2s-80-tracks-set-to-be-announced-at-e3/

Good find, man.  So, the rumored tracklisting with "Shackler's Revenge" fits the bill accurately as it has over 80 songs. 

Hmm.  The plot thickens.  We should know for sure by next week then.

Ali
ben9785
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »

This is very, very interesting. Thanks for the confirmation Mysteron.
They obviously wouldn't release it under the name of GNR without Axl being a part of it.
This may be the first of some significant developments leading to......
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »

Shackler getting revenge?!

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »

Shackler getting revenge?!

And our ears getting satisfaction...
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »

I don't know man...sounds like an Iron Maiden song to me.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

Oh?! You've 'heard' it? I mean - I'm sure you aren't judging it by it's title right?  Roll Eyes

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2008, 09:47:11 PM »

who is Shackler?  Huh

If the world would end today... Wink
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »

who is this mysterion everyone keeps talking about and what is his credibility?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »

Oh?! You've 'heard' it? I mean - I'm sure you aren't judging it by it's title right?  Roll Eyes

Ofcourse...Duh!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

who is this mysterion everyone keeps talking about and what is his credibility?

rofl rofl rofl

Well don son ... well done

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:18 PM »

Where?s that quote from?
Link?

Good find, man.  So, the rumored tracklisting with "Shackler's Revenge" fits the bill accurately as it has over 80 songs. 

Ali
Not to be negative but the article does say that they plan on announcing the setlist of which a FEW tracks have already been leaked.  80 tracks is more than a few.  Don't know if they mean that only a few of those 80 tracks are on there.  Probably not, probably just a coincidence.  At least I hope.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2008, 12:11:33 AM »

Where?s that quote from?
Link?

Ali
Not to be negative but the article does say that they plan on announcing the setlist of which a FEW tracks have already been leaked.  80 tracks is more than a few.  Don't know if they mean that only a few of those 80 tracks are on there.  Probably not, probably just a coincidence.  At least I hope.

They say that they will announce the 80+ tracks....the leaked tracks they are referring to are here:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/01/rumor-rock-band-2-setlist-leak/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »

I see, so they're not talking about the 80+ song setlist that leaked.  Did they not get that memo?  Maybe just wanna keep some supsense going.  Either way, thanks for the clarification.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

Put himself through what exactly? Nobody forced him to join Guns. Also, I am sure he has no problem with all the fans he gained while being in GNR. While Bucket may have been some cult hero, he sure wasn't as known before Guns as he was afterwards. Axl and crew apparently went out of their way to pacify him in the studio. Why did Bucket not return in 2006 when Axl/GNR asked him?

Anyway, no matter who wrote the song, I am just glad things appear to be moving forward.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: