Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497373 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »

Great news. I dunno about Bucket's input, but I can't see any indication on why would this song be "his". His solo track has nothing to do with Chinese, I'm sure - Axl wouldn't use his parts if it was the case IMHO.

I remember when the movie end of days came out and thinking a new gnr cd was close....damn.  hihi
I don't think the album was done - including mixing - by that time.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »

Mysteron, it's great that you just pop into threads and make us feel a lot better about the day. I'm pumped knowing that it's not just some moron with a fake list screwing with us!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »

I dunno about Bucket's input, but I can't see any indication on why would this song be "his". His solo track has nothing to do with Chinese, I'm sure - Axl wouldn't use his parts if it was the case IMHO.
Supposedly this was a Bucket track that was put on the back burner. Im glad to see that Bucket will be all over CD. You cant erase greatness!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »

Wasn't his track already released?

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »

how's that summer anouncement from gnr coming?

GN'R needs to announce the summer?

I think the seasons happen even if GN'R doesn't announce they're happening.....  Tongue

/jarmo

If that wasn't the case, 6 seasons would have passed since late 94 based on the frequency of GnR announcements. I'd have spent the better part of the last 14 years as a senior in highschool if time worked on Axl's schedule.

We've had three announcements this year so I guess we're in September now by your logic.  Roll Eyes

Amazing how some are inclined to whine about anything.

There's a POSITIVE rumor here and it has to be about "the lack of updates".

I guess dwelling on negative shit and twisting anything positive around is fun for some of you.

/jarmo

Sorry,

Wasn't complaining about the lack of updates, just making a poorly worded joke based on your comment about GnR having to announce the seasons.
I think this is huge news and can't wait to play a game with a new track. I love that the new manangement is looking towards things like this to get new music out.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »

No. Apparently a song named "Shackler" was on one of the BH DVDs, but this song is a sequel I guess.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »

my only fear is that this song is wrongly labeled a gnr song when its just a Bucket solo song.  But then again, are there any instrumentals in Rock Band?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »

No. Apparently a song named "Shackler" was on one of the BH DVDs, but this song is a sequel I guess.
Still, there's no indication that he's "all over" the song, or that it's "his" song, right?

my only fear is that this song is wrongly labeled a gnr song when its just a Bucket solo song. 
So, will you keep ignoring Mysteron's confirmation?

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »

The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge.

If I can get any 110% concrete info I'll post it or pass it on to Jarmo for confirmation.   ok and  peace

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »

No. It wasn't. B scored a film of the same name. Said film was never released.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »

my only fear is that this song is wrongly labeled a gnr song when its just a Bucket solo song.  But then again, are there any instrumentals in Rock Band?

It's not a Buckethead solo song.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »

So, will you keep ignoring Mysteron's confirmation?
no, I believe him. Im just a little skeptical of him overall. But Jarmo lets him post here so obiviously hes legit.

The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge.
drool drool drool

you the man Saul

any chance you can get Bucket back in the band for us?

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »

any chance you can get Bucket back in the band for us?

I would hope Bucket would never put himself through all that again.  ok

Bumble should be able to mimic B's parts well enough.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »

Or re-record them. Tongue

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

I would hope Bucket would never put himself through all that again.

Yea but all the waiting seems to be over. Now all he has to do is bang out his songs on stage with Axl. Start not just a new chapter in GNR history, but in rock history

Tell him to give us 2-3 yrs of touring. He likes to tour. That should cover CD and another album.

Bumble should be able to mimic B's parts well enough.

lol

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »

Either way. Meh. Bucket was paid and will continue to be paid long after the album is released.  ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »

Either way. Meh. Bucket was paid and will continue to be paid long after the album is released.  ok

Don't forget the free shared Dr Pepper!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

Yea but all the waiting seems to be over. Now all he has to do is bang out his songs on stage with Axl. Start not just a new chapter in GNR history, but in rock history

With Bumble now in the band I see no need for two 'shredders' on board. Remember, Ron was only hired at the start for ONE reason - he was a player who could 'kinda' mimic stuff Bucket laid down on certain tracks. Those really fast passages Robin couldn't handle. Now as time has passed Ron seems to have been fortunate enough to get his own stuff on the album (although we don't know to what extent) - But be sure, when the album drops and they tour in support of it Ron will be up there every night sweeping and tapping Buckets parts as best he can. Pretty much as he does now live with 'Better'

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »

Don't forget the free shared Dr Pepper!

/jarmo

Which, and I'm being dead fucking serious here, for Axl to mention Bucket in a good light in a public press release was VERY very big of him. I could see B and Axl working together in some capacity again sometime down the road.  peace

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

tapping Buckets parts
thats all that needs to be said right there. I knew Axl and Bucket would be magic and Im glad that Axl kept his stuff on the album. In a perfect world I would love to see Bucket up there with the band but Ill settle for his contributions on the album...which will remain forever.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: