Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497115 times)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #960 on: July 17, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »

Well that song sounds nothing like a GNR song or how it was described so I doubt they are related at all.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jada
« Reply #961 on: July 17, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

So Shackler is a Buckethead song, and Shackler's Revenge is a film score Bucket's played on, and then there is Shackler's Revenge Chinese Democracy edition. Okay, now I get it. i was a bit confused at first when I saw that pic of Bucket's resume, LOL!

Maybe he (Axl) just stole the title of that film score. Or a guitar solo, who knows. Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »

allow me to quote this saul comments about GNR's Shackler's Revenge again. He thinks the music is originally from the score.

The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge.

and yet poppy and different,  according to the game maker.

the title alone can excite our curiosity.  Grin
Jada
« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »

^ Yeah, I think he most likely used parts of Bucket's songs.. Does anyone know what the story behind that indie film / b-movie is? Is it also anime?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #964 on: July 18, 2008, 04:50:29 AM »

I wish we knew when we could hear this puppy.  nervous

Maybe before September 14th, I mean.

Glad u changed your mind about Rock stars appearing on video games:

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #965 on: July 18, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »

allow me to quote this saul comments about GNR's Shackler's Revenge again. He thinks the music is originally from the score.

The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge.

and yet poppy and different,  according to the game maker.

the title alone can excite our curiosity.  Grin

No, it seems people have misunderstood a small part of what I said entirely. It's all new music. Not music taken from the score of the film.  ok

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #966 on: July 18, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »

yep
shackler song of DBZ is one thing
the shacklers revescnge ore that is in bh's FAQ another
and then we have GNR's shackler revenge, that is a song that axl wrote lyrics inspired after BH told him the history of the unrealased movie that he scored

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »

I don't care about them being in a video game. My issue was about them being on the cover of the game. Especially if it's one where they have a very small part.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

I won't mind even if GNR are on the cover of the game as far as the art is nice. Huh

No, it seems people have misunderstood a small part of what I said entirely. It's all new music. Not music taken from the score of the film.  ok

due to the way you wrote. Tongue

so, there's 3 totally different tunes/ musical pieces, and not just 2 in 'shackler' connection.

and, the basic song structure of gnr's shackler's revenge was still written by Bucket and Brain?

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2008, 03:13:09 PM »

I won't mind even if GNR are on the cover of the game as far as the art is nice. Huh

due to the way you wrote. Tongue

so, there's 3 totally different tunes/ musical pieces, and not just 2 in 'shackler' connection.

and, the basic song structure of gnr's shackler's revenge was still written by Bucket and Brain?

Yes.  peace

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »

AHHHHHHH Im going insane knowing this track is out there and I cant hear it! confused

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2008, 04:06:04 PM »

I don't care about them being in a video game. My issue was about them being on the cover of the game. Especially if it's one where they have a very small part.

U do realize there is a possiblity they will be on the cover to a degree right?

I just dont agree with your statement.

say Axl was an unlockable character in the most awesome "MUSIC" game in the world.

what the hell is wrong with that?

I think its an honor to be thought of so highly as the quintessential frontman of your era and people want to make u IN A GAME to honor and celebrate that when they think of greatest frontman, they think of u.

same with the guitarhero III deal. Nothing sell out or bad about being an ICON and people thinking of u that highly.

The word Sell Out is some stupid underground HATER title placed on bands by other people who werent good enough to make it big anyway.  As a major artist u have to promote and sell yourself, its just the nature of the beast and there isnt a band alive that doesnt do it to some degree. Some do it more than others but all do it, so I find that word offensive and ignorant anyway.

A Band only sells out if they try to become something they are not to stay popular.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #972 on: July 18, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »

The word Sell Out is some stupid underground HATER title placed on bands by other people who werent good enough to make it big anyway. 

Well, I don't agree.

You can be successful and still not sell out.

It's when you lose your integrity that you sell out.

When you start thinking more about the fame and money than the art itself.

I don't automatically think that a band playing a stadium is a "sell out". It all depends how they got there.

Well, that's my definition.......  hihi

So it's quite possible to appear in a video game, movie, TV series or whatever and not be a sell out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #973 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

changing the subject from the whining AGAIN!!!!

i wonder how many poeple have heard the song since its been handed over to the game producers. or how many poeple have a sample on their phones not realising they have a piece of priceless gold on them  hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #974 on: July 18, 2008, 09:22:33 PM »

The word Sell Out is some stupid underground HATER title placed on bands by other people who werent good enough to make it big anyway. 

Well, I don't agree.

You can be successful and still not sell out.

It's when you lose your integrity that you sell out.

When you start thinking more about the fame and money than the art itself.

I don't automatically think that a band playing a stadium is a "sell out". It all depends how they got there.

Well, that's my definition.......  hihi

So it's quite possible to appear in a video game, movie, TV series or whatever and not be a sell out.

/jarmo

Exactly but there are very few big bands that havent been called that at one time or the other and I dont think its fair. I remember back when NR came out how u had idiots saying GNR sold out and that song was written before there was a GNR.

so to me, most people just throw that word around at anything popular calls its not "cool" to like something mainstream.

U know, this is a good topic for Bad Obsession..... To The Batmobile!

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #975 on: July 18, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »

Im looking forward to august now,

I think the ball will really start moving then, perhaps 8/8th to ride the wave of the c/olympis hype and publicity, or mabye when its fnished,
who knows

But thats when I see gnr camp making another announcement...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #976 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:35 AM »

Ron is a master guitarist, why would he not be capable of playing this song? 

Agreed. I don't get why people think Ron can't handle BH duties.

I don't mean to take anything away from Bumblefoot, he is an extremely talented player in his own right and seems like a really nice guy but his rendition of the TWAT solo in particular just didn't hold up to the original, watch the Hammerstein video.

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #977 on: July 19, 2008, 05:38:40 AM »

^ NO disrespect,  but you do know that mat Hammerstein he had only 2 weeks to rehersh all the tunes with the band, now come on.......Your statement is a bit harsh there. And thre is no diffintivce origional ..lol all we had was demos.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #978 on: July 19, 2008, 06:44:27 AM »

Im looking forward to august now,

I think the ball will really start moving then, perhaps 8/8th to ride the wave of the c/olympis hype and publicity, or mabye when its fnished,
who knows

But thats when I see gnr camp making another announcement...

Yeah I heard the same rumor you're re-posting.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:47:34 AM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #979 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:29 AM »

^ NO disrespect,  but you do know that mat Hammerstein he had only 2 weeks to rehersh all the tunes with the band, now come on.......Your statement is a bit harsh there. And thre is no diffintivce origional ..lol all we had was demos.

What he said!

But here's a clue to anyone who needs one:

WE don't get to determine the GNR lineup, no matter how much WE whine on here about what we want. peace
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: