Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 497056 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #740 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:06 PM »

I read on a swedish site that at the end of the year there would be over 500 songs available for downloading at the end of the year for rockband 2, maybe that means all of chinese democracy, well at least more new songs if we're lucky Cheesy

One could only hope, but theres like 150 songs available on Rock Band 1 right now. Then Rock Band 2 has 84. There's 234 right there.

It's funny, I Googled "Rock Band" today and look what came up:

I 'Googled' 'Shackler's Revenge' about 9 days ago. There were 17, then 34 matches for it at the time.

Now there is almost 10,000. It's funny to watch these thing grow.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #741 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »

I wonder how the artwork and stuff around the release will look like..

I've been wondering about this subject too. Are they going to continue with the Chinese-theme overall, or are they going to do own designs that have nothing to do with the Chinese stuff for each single etc..

Yeah, i remember back in the days, GNR used to have some kind of artwork theme for some of theyr songs.. Like the Pretty tied up girl, The Welcome to the jungle monster from AFD. Maybe shackler will have its own artwork. I see that bands like Tool are using images from theyr music videos, and people who knows Tools videos, knows the Prison Sex doll, Smokeskreen on ?nima and the fellow on Vicarious.

It would be very cool if Shacklers Revenge had its own logo, with a badass picture!

But damn! The guys sure knows what they are doing.. ! I just brainstorm what kind of stuff i picture.!
Crazy days are here again!! peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #742 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »

Thanks Mysteron. Do you know about the album art at all? Strangely it's something I most excited about.

No
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #743 on: July 15, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »

I read on a swedish site that at the end of the year there would be over 500 songs available for downloading at the end of the year for rockband 2, maybe that means all of chinese democracy, well at least more new songs if we're lucky Cheesy

One could only hope, but theres like 150 songs available on Rock Band 1 right now. Then Rock Band 2 has 84. There's 234 right there.

I 'Googled' 'Shackler's Revenge' about 9 days ago. There were 17, then 34 matches for it at the time.

Not to mention really f**cking exciting.  A great feeling to know that new music is on the way, and that so many are so excited about it...things will start to get really crazy if it does show up for purchase elsewhere.   Can't wait!   
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #744 on: July 15, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »

Yeah, i did this too.. Funny.. Shows how big this thing actually is..
I guess the members are pretty excited about this! =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #745 on: July 15, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »

I'm happy with what we have. cause it might be the last thing we might get in 2008.....

Vma's we cannot relie on that cause it's a come and go rumour since 1995

but I'm positive cause we get to hear a new song(hopefully) in september 2008.
but that might be it...

perhaps before dec 31st we might have some tourdates... but that's all I guess.. we should be happy. and I think the management is really doing all they can to bring it out ..

I'm not familiar with them but since they've shown up.... some great deals. and unofficial stuff have happend. so cheers to them.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #746 on: July 15, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

This just proves how much the band (and the game) is getting publicity with this whole thing yes Smart move I tell you!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #747 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »

This just proves how much the band (and the game) is getting publicity with this whole thing yes Smart move I tell you!

Yes, very smart move. Great news! Still riding the "high"!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #748 on: July 15, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »

I'm happy with what we have. cause it might be the last thing we might get in 2008.....

but that might be it...

perhaps before dec 31st we might have some tourdates... but that's all I guess.. we should be happy. and I think the management is really doing all they can to bring it out ..

I'm not familiar with them but since they've shown up.... some great deals. and unofficial stuff have happend. so cheers to them.

Cheers to everyone involved.  God knows that - no matter what's going on behind the scenes - a tremendous amount of work, effort, and passion has gone into getting new Guns music out, regardless of what format it (initially) appears in.  Rock Band 2 first, hopefully iTunes or Amazon to follow...either way, I'm grateful.  
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #749 on: July 15, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »

okay

what do we have.

new management since begin 2008

- new management.
- a lot of new deals (dr.pepper might be due to the new management or not) but it's a great thing)
- 3 new songs (one old but still new)
- all demo's in a better form out there(allthough I hate the new there was a time vocals are way to close in on the front.)
- Rockband featuring a new song ''Shackler's revenge'' on it's seccond release.
- Guns might release more in the gameing zone of the creaters of Rockband)
- vma rumour... though don't get me on that cause it's a rumour that has come and go since 1995..............)

Shackler's revenge out on september.
Shackler's is prob going to be the first single.

Guns hoped to put out Shack as their first single... well it's coming out on Rockband 2. soo that confirms that issues.
and hoped to put out an album........... let's wait on that.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #750 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »

Great news! I just hope this doesn't play out the way the whole "Better on the Harley Davidson ad" thing did a few years back.

I hope they put out an Itunes release for the single as well.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #751 on: July 15, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »

I just hope this doesn't play out the way the whole "Better on the Harley Davidson ad" thing did a few years back.

That was never announced on the official GN'R site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #752 on: July 15, 2008, 03:26:46 PM »

No

Don't want to be greedy but 1 more question. Is there any truth to the VMA rumor or is it all speculation??
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #753 on: July 15, 2008, 03:28:47 PM »

No

Don't want to be greedy but 1 more question. Is there any truth to the VMA rumor or is it all speculation??

I obviously have no idea, but the EW bit that fueled a lot of this fire seemed to be both casting a very wide net and naming virtually anybody as possible candidates for the VMA's, with a very vague "we're talking to everbody"quote....I'd bet "no."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #754 on: July 15, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »

The band already confirmed, why the need to compare it with old and failed patterns like OMG and the Harley Davidson ad?

but that might be it...

Tell me about being negative over positive things.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #755 on: July 15, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »

well it could happen that way.. i'm not expecting anything so it's a way not to be let down when things turn out a whol eother way...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #756 on: July 15, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »

I hope they put out an Itunes release for the single as well.

I don't have anything against this iTunes-store fashion, but I want this kind of stuff on real silver compact discs or on vinyls ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #757 on: July 15, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

No

I do not know anything about the VMAs
myrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #758 on: July 15, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »

Thank you for the updates Mysteron.  beer
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #759 on: July 15, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »

I am sure someone, beit me or someone else, will address this in the coming weeks
[/quote]

So that means we will get more info from Rockband 2 or the GnR camp in the coming weeks ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: