Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476866 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1920 on: September 27, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »

Now that I'm remembering, but didn't Brain say that CD will have some kick ass rockers from Buckethead like 2 or 3 years ago ?

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1921 on: September 27, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »

yep
in a splat interview he said it
when i read the info of SR.. i remembered the same thing
and i think we are talking about the same song

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1922 on: September 27, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »

Yey gods, this song is terrible

'more noise, more noise!'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1923 on: September 27, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

I love comments like these.
I'm sure your parents said the same when they first heard Zeppelin. or stones, pistols elvis? according to the generation. Kiss

long time no see btw.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1924 on: September 27, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Nice to see you bring your positivity to this section.

I see you still live up to your custom title.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1925 on: September 27, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »

Shackler's takes about 2 listens to really get into.

I tell u right now, this song has already got me through so much shit. Ive been so stressed and down and listening to this really gets me motivated and really helps me through.

I think its powerful.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1926 on: September 27, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »

Shackler's takes about 2 listens to really get into.

think it took me 5 or 6 listens before we were on the same wavelength, i rekon its gonna be a definate hit when they play it live, have to be at the barriers for that 1

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1927 on: September 27, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »

It took a DBZ fan about 10 seconds. Grin liking the soundtrack 'shackler' might have helped.

i rekon its gonna be a definate hit when they play it live, have to be at the barriers for that 1

I can see that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1928 on: September 27, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I played all the solos - the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it - also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

Source: http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3971

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #1929 on: September 27, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »

I didnt like this song one bit at first.  But man has it grown on me. I love it
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1930 on: September 28, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

I didnt like this song one bit at first.  But man has it grown on me. I love it

That's very why I love to here premature comments like Izzyys which make me smile, sarcastic or not. Grin

Quote from: Ron
I like the energy and groove, the vocals really grab ya, I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1931 on: September 28, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »

It took a DBZ fan about 10 seconds. Grin liking the soundtrack 'shackler' might have helped.

didn't buckethead do the intro to that show too?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #1932 on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105754

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Comments On 'Shackler's Revenge' Track - Sep. 28, 2008
The October issue of Brazil's Rock Brigade magazine features an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rock Brigade: How was to record "Shackler's Revenge" [the new GUNS N' ROSES song which is featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack]? You did the solo (with your fretless), some rhythm in the pre-chorus and the last shredding in the ending, right?

Thal: If I remember right (barely remember anything more than five minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos ? the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it ? also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

Rock Brigade: What do you think about the song?

Thal: I like the energy and groove. The vocals really grab ya. I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

According to RollingStone.com, the GUNS N' ROSES "Chinese Democracy" album track "If The World" ? a version of which leaked earlier this year ? will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie "Body of Lies", in theaters October 10. The track features the guitar work of GN'R guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album.

According to Billboard.com, Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for "Chinese Democracy", which is tentatively due on November 25.

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1933 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:16 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105754

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Comments On 'Shackler's Revenge' Track - Sep. 28, 2008
The October issue of Brazil's Rock Brigade magazine features an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rock Brigade: How was to record "Shackler's Revenge" [the new GUNS N' ROSES song which is featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack]? You did the solo (with your fretless), some rhythm in the pre-chorus and the last shredding in the ending, right?

Thal: If I remember right (barely remember anything more than five minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos — the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it — also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

Rock Brigade: What do you think about the song?

Thal: I like the energy and groove. The vocals really grab ya. I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

According to RollingStone.com, the GUNS N' ROSES "Chinese Democracy" album track "If The World" — a version of which leaked earlier this year — will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie "Body of Lies", in theaters October 10. The track features the guitar work of GN'R guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album.

According to Billboard.com, Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for "Chinese Democracy", which is tentatively due on November 25.

God I love that word,
fingers crossed we see something up on the gnr site today!  beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1934 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »

I would like to know if  a legal download of the song will surface in the near time. I want to hear that "master recording"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1935 on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:05 AM »

I would like to know if  a legal download of the song will surface in the near time. I want to hear that "master recording"

It'll be on the album.  Grin

/jarmo

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1936 on: October 02, 2008, 10:33:17 AM »

Thanks jarmo for letting us know that the album will surface NEAR TIME. hihi
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1937 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »

/jarmo

hihi

But I can't wait anymore. I'm 21, I knew about the existence of "Chinese Democracy" in 1998...it's been 10 years, 10 years! Now we are close but I can't wait anymore  Grin

axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #1938 on: October 02, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

Only 10 years!!!!

I've been waiting for Chinese Democracy since 1994.

I hope 2008 it's THE YEAR!! peace

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1939 on: October 02, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »

Only 10 years!!!!

I've been waiting for Chinese Democracy since 1994.

I hope 2008 it's THE YEAR!! peace

Well...I'm only 21. In 1994 I've discovered Use Your Illusion II  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: