Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:21:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476864 times)
ben9785
« Reply #1900 on: September 24, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

It's an absolute masterclass.  A stunning feat of technical muscianship and classically composed riffs layered with stomping and yet hauntingly emotional lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

i'll smoke some of what he's having  hihi

it's a good choice for a song to introduce to younger audiences that are more interested in something with a dance beat rather than something like the blues.

it also took me a few listens to start growing on me. except the beginning, the low vocals were a great touch. just because axl can screech like a mother fucker in heat doesn't mean he has to do it all the fucking time.

Dance Beat? What they fuck are you smokin already?

This is a song you can definately bang your fucking head to.

peace

it's quite possible for a song to make you want to do both. but the percussion parts do have a dance beat to them.
Is that because the hi hats lift during the pre-chorus? It's a heavy song. Nothing Dance about it.

peace

i'm not saying it's not heavy.. i grew up a metal head so i can recognize a metal song when i hear one.
but i'm also a raver so i also recognize a song i can dance to when i hear it.  ok

That little pre-chorus part "Don't ever try to tell me......" does have a distinct Dance/disco beat feel to it with the lifting hi hats.

Otherwise the song has a solid groove throughout it, but I wouldn't write it off as a "dance" song. A song which is fun to dance to, yes..
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1901 on: September 24, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

It's an absolute masterclass.  A stunning feat of technical muscianship and classically composed riffs layered with stomping and yet hauntingly emotional lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

it's a good choice for a song to introduce to younger audiences that are more interested in something with a dance beat rather than something like the blues.

it also took me a few listens to start growing on me. except the beginning, the low vocals were a great touch. just because axl can screech like a mother fucker in heat doesn't mean he has to do it all the fucking time.

peace

it's quite possible for a song to make you want to do both. but the percussion parts do have a dance beat to them.
Is that because the hi hats lift during the pre-chorus? It's a heavy song. Nothing Dance about it.

peace

i'm not saying it's not heavy.. i grew up a metal head so i can recognize a metal song when i hear one.
but i'm also a raver so i also recognize a song i can dance to when i hear it.  ok

That little pre-chorus part "Don't ever try to tell me......" does have a distinct Dance/disco beat feel to it with the lifting hi hats.

Otherwise the song has a solid groove throughout it, but I wouldn't write it off as a "dance" song. A song which is fun to dance to, yes..

Fare enough.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1902 on: September 24, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »

It's a damn good song. It's the type of song destinated to sound everywhere if GNR decides to use it as single. The chorus is sickly catchy, the ''don't ever try to tell me how much you'd care for me'' pre-chorus is (like you guys were talking in the above posts) both ''dance'' and ''hard rock'', and it has some of the best vocal parts of the new songs.

Negative aspects? the Bumblefoot solo is ''average'' to my eyes, and the song abuses of some vocal effects.

we, GNR fans, should have the chance of getting the final version without having to buy an XBoX and the game. I hope we have the chance of buying it as a single or as a part of a compilation soon.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1903 on: September 24, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I dead set think it is the most metal song since Perfect Crime and Shotgun Blues

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1904 on: September 24, 2008, 11:48:12 PM »

It's an absolute masterclass.  A stunning feat of technical muscianship and classically composed riffs layered with stomping and yet hauntingly emotional lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

peace

peace

Fare enough.  ok

peace

haha that's what i meant.  yes

It's a damn good song. It's the type of song destinated to sound everywhere if GNR decides to use it as single. The chorus is sickly catchy, the ''don't ever try to tell me how much you'd care for me'' pre-chorus is (like you guys were talking in the above posts) both ''dance'' and ''hard rock'', and it has some of the best vocal parts of the new songs.

Negative aspects? the Bumblefoot solo is ''average'' to my eyes, and the song abuses of some vocal effects.

we, GNR fans, should have the chance of getting the final version without having to buy an XBoX and the game. I hope we have the chance of buying it as a single or as a part of a compilation soon.

this song sounds to me like it's one of the songs buckethead played in, not bumblefoot.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1905 on: September 25, 2008, 12:17:24 AM »

well, I do think Buckethead does most of the guitar work in the song, but the solo is 100% Bumblefoot

Mysteron said this song is 6 years old. So there might be somewhere a demo with all guitar parts played by buckethead.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1906 on: September 25, 2008, 12:25:46 AM »

6 years old damn obviously some improvements have been made to the final copy so it would be cool if we got the version from 02
ben9785
« Reply #1907 on: September 25, 2008, 12:34:58 AM »

I didn't know the song was 6 years old?? I thought it was newer than that.. Anyway.

You can hear a bit of Buckethead here and there in the song, otherwise I am pretty sure it is Bumblefoot doing the solos.

Buckethead's solos are much more precise and almost robotic.

This is Bumblefoot because its got a very "live" and some blues-esque feel to it, even if it is dissonant melodically. I don't know how to explain it better..

I've tried to ask Bumblefoot about it though but never got a response.. Sad
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:37:18 AM by ben857 » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1908 on: September 25, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »

shacklers revenge is out and gnr have nothing to say very sad
ben9785
« Reply #1909 on: September 25, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »

I completely understood and respect that Ron or Richard or whoever else can't really give us any information about unreleased music or things still in the works..

But we've got a officially released song which is out in the public now.

I am not meaning to mock, offend or insult; I GENUINELY want to know, why can't the guys talk about it?

Has someone stepped in and barred the band members discussing GNR music with fans until the proper album promotion is underway?

I guess this could be the case now because of people sharing/posting information they got from band members..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:00:40 AM by ben857 » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1910 on: September 25, 2008, 01:24:09 AM »

its like finally we get this song onto one of the biggest video games ever and we dont want to say anything about it
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1911 on: September 25, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »

This is Bumblefoot because its got a very "live" and some blues-esque feel to it, even if it is dissonant melodically. I don't know how to explain it better..
I know what you mean, and... I agree with ya. The blues-esque feel you're talking about is there because of the fretless tone. Very bluesy tone. drool

He's busy playing gigs, mixing and mastering some CDs (that includes Pitman's new CD).

I completely understood and respect that Ron or Richard or whoever else can't really give us any information about unreleased music or things still in the works..
They can talk about whatever they want. They'll talk about it soon, I'd say. They just need to do some interviews.

I am not meaning to mock, offend or insult; I GENUINELY want to know, why can't the guys talk about it?
They just don't want to talk about it, but they can do it.

That little pre-chorus part "Don't ever try to tell me......" does have a distinct Dance/disco beat feel to it
Exactly.

this song sounds to me like it's one of the songs buckethead played in, not bumblefoot.
No, Bumblefoot's all over it. He plays the rhythm and all the riffs in it, the solo, the tapping stuff in the end and the bluesy lick over it, as well as the guitar following Axl's vocals. Buckethead probably plays the intro riff and the filtered guitar in the verses, and probably some whammy pedal guitar effects in the chorus (to me, that doesn't sound like Bumblefoot at all).

All in all, Bumblefoot takes the lead and the rhythm and Buckethead plays some whammy pedal guitar effects here and there, the intro riff and the filtered guitar in the verses.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1912 on: September 25, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »

Have any of the guys been asked about the song?  I haven't heard any, "no comment" or "I can't really talk about that right now".  It's possible we haven't been able to purchase the song yet because Rock Band has exclusivity over the song for a certain time period.  I wouldn't think that would prevent the song from being talked about, but maybe they're just waiting for the promotion for the album to start, which hopefully isn't too far off.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1913 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »

I know what you mean, and... I agree with ya. The blues-esque feel you're talking about is there because of the fretless tone. Very bluesy tone. drool

He's busy playing gigs, mixing and mastering some CDs (that includes Pitman's new CD).

They can talk about whatever they want. They'll talk about it soon, I'd say. They just need to do some interviews.

That little pre-chorus part "Don't ever try to tell me......" does have a distinct Dance/disco beat feel to it
Exactly.

No, Bumblefoot's all over it. He plays the rhythm and all the riffs in it, the solo, the tapping stuff in the end and the bluesy lick over it, as well as the guitar following Axl's vocals. Buckethead probably plays the intro riff and the filtered guitar in the verses, and probably some whammy pedal guitar effects in the chorus (to me, that doesn't sound like Bumblefoot at all).

All in all, Bumblefoot takes the lead and the rhythm and Buckethead plays some whammy pedal guitar effects here and there, the intro riff and the filtered guitar in the verses.
Wonder where you got all this info. hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1914 on: September 25, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

OMG SR SUKKZZZ SOOOOO HARD LOL

All idiocy aside, it's a damn good song. The chorus is really catchy; sticks in your head for a while. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the first half of the solo.

It's the high point of this hard hittin song to me. Cheesy
like the anger bits and black hole sounds on better.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1915 on: September 25, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »

smoking  I'm not sure what you're talking about Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1916 on: September 25, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

Exactly.

Wonder where you got all this info. hihi
from you, maybe? we'll know soon enough. Tongue

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1917 on: September 25, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

smoking  I'm not sure what you're talking about Smiley

I'm sure he's talking about these comments

lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

really? Huh
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1918 on: September 26, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »

Now w/ SR being officially released will the lyrics be posted?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1919 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »

Now w/ SR being officially released will the lyrics be posted?
I believe the lyrics are posted somewhere in this thread.  Here's what I've got.

I've got a funny feelin? there's something wrong today
I've got a funny feelin? and it won't go away

I've got an itchy finger and there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger and blow them all away

Don't ever try to tell me, how much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me, how you were there for me

I don't believe there's a reason (I don't, I don?t believe it)
I don't believe there's a reason (I sure, I don?t believe it)

I've got a wicked demon here somehow never fades
I've got an empty feeling
I won't be home today

Don't ever try to tell me how much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me how you were there for me

No one is stopping you from doing what you want to do
No one is stopping you now, stopping you now

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: