Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:27:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476639 times)
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1880 on: September 23, 2008, 01:30:21 PM »

After some time from the release of Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band we don't have, as Estebanf said, a definitive version or an ITunes release neither news from Gn'R camp or the song on the radios... Do you think that this will be the first single of CD?? Or just somethin' like Civil War on Nobody's Child?

Civil war was on ui2 and plays on the radio. This will be like OMG.

So do u think that SR won't be on the album?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1881 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »

After some time from the release of Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band we don't have, as Estebanf said, a definitive version or an ITunes release neither news from Gn'R camp or the song on the radios... Do you think that this will be the first single of CD?? Or just somethin' like Civil War on Nobody's Child?

Civil war was on ui2 and plays on the radio. This will be like OMG.

So do u think that SR won't be on the album?

It says on the game its from the album Chinese Democracy.   I think its a safe bet to say its on the album.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1882 on: September 23, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

the band says it's a track from Chinese Democracy. don't listen to cool cords.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1883 on: September 23, 2008, 03:29:31 PM »

I think it would be cool to release any of the songs first - anything just something - please throw me a crumb - and either use some chinese democracy philosophy spoken or Axl talking about taking so long to make this album - like for example - if you're holding your breath for CD, might as well hold your breath for Jesus - you have a better chance of seeing the second coming of Christ - something really witty or sarcastic kind of like they do at the beginning of Civil War. He could put the current Chinese dictator - ? - ok I'm drawing a blank and in the middle of a point, spewing some rhetoric about his reign or all of the Chinese troops giving praise to him and then kick off any of the tunes in my opinion.

But it would be cool for Axl to make wise cracks in between the tracks about how long it's taken him to get this CD out - spoken wise cracks would add a touch of irony to the whole release, CD, etc. And an FU to the critics.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #1884 on: September 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »

I used to joke that the first 10 seconds of the album should be a raw sound byte of Axl thanking the fans for sticking around, then the music blasts in and off we go.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1885 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »

I'd like There Was A Time to be released as the first single

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1886 on: September 24, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »

Right... 95 pages. I didn't know that this thread dated all the way back to the the very first mention that we had of the song. If nobody has any objections, I'm going to lock this thread. But I'll start another one!, from page one. Nice and tidy as it may be. Song discussion and the like. Though, I should point out... I will still lock this thread even if people do have objections.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1887 on: September 24, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

Go on then. What do you think? Even if you've already posted in that monster of a thread way back when, why not post again here. Now that you've had time to think, muse, ponder, weigh up pros and cons (though not of hitchhiking) and the like.

(Naturally, all posts that appear to represent a view that is anything less than absolutely ecstatic with the song will be deleted on sight)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:16:42 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1888 on: September 24, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »

So as to not clutter up that there brand new discussion thread, I thought that all you geeks, err, gamers, could post your scores and what not in this thread. You know!, the easiest way to unlock the song, how you unlocked it, how you can hit every note and push every plastic button!

Oh, you know. Go on then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:17:55 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1889 on: September 24, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »

I think it's an awesome song. It's not a lyrical, or even musical clinic, but it's very relevant and catchy, which is exactly what the new stuff has gotta be. I'm not sure if it's 1st-single-in-10-years material, but it's defnitely a step in the right direction in introducing this bands sound. The lyrics are very different and Axl shows a lot of different voices, and I'm sure it'll have it's place on the album nicely...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1890 on: September 24, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »

OMG SR SUKKZZZ SOOOOO HARD LOL

All idiocy aside, it's a damn good song. The chorus is really catchy; sticks in your head for a while. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the first half of the solo.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1891 on: September 24, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »

Oh, and I thought that this could be sticky for a week so that if any maniacs fancy reading through 95 pages of what is mostly drivel (I joke!) then they can locate this beast with relative ease, and have no fear that it will slide from the front page...

... Although, I can see that given that our front page contains threads that haven't been dusted off for a week, that does appear unlikely.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1892 on: September 24, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »

It's an absolute masterclass.  A stunning feat of technical muscianship and classically composed riffs layered with stomping and yet hauntingly emotional lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ben9785
« Reply #1893 on: September 24, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »

It might take a while to grow on you, but if you give it a chance and realize that Axl isn't stuck in an 80s time warp musically like everybody expects him to, that it is a very innovative and inspired song.

Personally, this one of my favourites of the new songs I've heard. It's got a great vocal, a good melody, a solid groove and a strong chorus.
But apart from that, its fascinating to listen to, if that makes any sense. You can hear so many different influences throughout it, but it still sounds like GNR in a way. It's innovative and different, but at the same time it doesn't sound like a rip off. The best part is that it doesn't sound forced, it works very well.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1894 on: September 24, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »

Go on then.
Way to kill the discussion with your jokes hihi

I love the song and Axl sounds better than ever.
Very good chorus, it's heavy, instrumentation is great and not the same old dull Gn'R. Didn't like the solo so much.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:38:25 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1895 on: September 24, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »

It's an absolute masterclass.  A stunning feat of technical muscianship and classically composed riffs layered with stomping and yet hauntingly emotional lyrics that make me feel completely connected to the entire universe. And yet - completely alone.

i'll smoke some of what he's having  hihi

it's a good choice for a song to introduce to younger audiences that are more interested in something with a dance beat rather than something like the blues.

it also took me a few listens to start growing on me. except the beginning, the low vocals were a great touch. just because axl can screech like a mother fucker in heat doesn't mean he has to do it all the fucking time.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1896 on: September 24, 2008, 10:49:44 PM »

it's a good choice for a song to introduce to younger audiences that are more interested in something with a dance beat rather than something like the blues.

it also took me a few listens to start growing on me. except the beginning, the low vocals were a great touch. just because axl can screech like a mother fucker in heat doesn't mean he has to do it all the fucking time.

Dance Beat? What they fuck are you smokin already?

This is a song you can definately bang your fucking head to.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1897 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »

peace

it's quite possible for a song to make you want to do both. but the percussion parts do have a dance beat to them.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1898 on: September 24, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »

peace

it's quite possible for a song to make you want to do both. but the percussion parts do have a dance beat to them.
Is that because the hi hats lift during the pre-chorus? It's a heavy song. Nothing Dance about it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1899 on: September 24, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »

peace

Is that because the hi hats lift during the pre-chorus? It's a heavy song. Nothing Dance about it.

peace

i'm not saying it's not heavy.. i grew up a metal head so i can recognize a metal song when i hear one.
but i'm also a raver so i also recognize a song i can dance to when i hear it.  ok

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: