Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476099 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1500 on: September 14, 2008, 12:05:52 AM »

It's a fucking great song. peace

At last a good rockband that evolve when it comes to instrumentation Kiss
It has very similar sound to OMG and then goes into a very heavy and melodic chorus, Axl is singing amazing.

Anyone wanna try for writing the lyrics?

Love the guitar (note...please bring back Buckethead at some point if only for a few live shows..)
If your talking about the solo, its actually Bumblefoot.

all guitar work is bh, except the last solo.....
all guitar work? so there's no Finck, Fortus and Ron? rofl
the solo IS IN FACT BBF. Just to quote Beta: Everyone knows that. It is pretty clear that BBF is playing the solo, and most likely the outro shredding as well.

Written and originally done by BH and rerecorded/played by BF I'd say. yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1501 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »

who knows axlLynch,

mabye his song was just a song for rockband 2, and not a song to be released as a single..
I agree with a few points you made,
but the song is what it is, a song on video game that will appeal the the intended teenage/young adult teenage
market..

since buckethead was a key contributor, I serously doubt it was written with rockband in mind
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1502 on: September 14, 2008, 12:15:33 AM »

What are you talking about?

And what do you think you are talking about? Roll Eyes

Still you havent said what story or why he wont be home today.

Thats for the listener to decide.

Revenge got many motives, it would be really inapropiate and stupid to go into details about circumstances.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1503 on: September 14, 2008, 12:21:08 AM »

who knows axlLynch,

mabye this song was just a song for rockband 2, and not a song to be released as a single..
I agree with a few points you made,
but the song is what it is, a song on video game that will appeal the the intended teenage/young adult teenage
market..

since buckethead was a key contributor, I serously doubt it was written with rockband in mind

of course it wasn't,
what I meant was, mabye they just chose this song (after it was already recorded etc) to premier it on rockband 2...
of course it wasn't made escpecially for a video game, but mabye they just decided to lend the video game a simple rocker from gnr's upcoming ablum... Wink

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1504 on: September 14, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »

Spike TV and MTV Games are Getting the Band Back Together to Celebrate the Release of Rock Band 2(TM)

'30 Minutes To Midnight: Spike's Countdown to Rock Band 2' Premieres Saturday, September 13 at 11:30 PM, ET Special Features Appearances By Rock Band 2 Artists Judas Priest, Cheap Trick and Disturbed, plus Exclusive News on downloadable album content coming to Rock Band 2 next week!

NEW YORK, Sept 12, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- MTV Games and Spike TV are teaming up to ring in one of the year's most anticipated releases with "30 Minutes To Midnight: Spike's Countdown to Rock Band 2(TM)." Hosted by Geoff Keighley of Game Trailers TV and emanating in New York City, the action starts at 11:30 PM, ET/PT.

Keighley will be joined by the 3 top bands on the Xbox 360 Rock Band leaderboard, as well as Rock Band players with truly amazing skills -- including one that can play all four Rock Band instruments at once. Featured artists on Rock Band 2 including Judas Priest, Cheap Trick and Disturbed join the celebration and ask bands to show off their video game musical talents in the various "Rock Band Challenges," such as playing through a song completely from memory with no notes on screen. Find out which user band is crowned as the best Rock Band band in the nation!

In addition, 30 Minutes To Midnight will exclusively reveal news on the first Rock Band 2 downloadable album content when Keighley travels to Harmonix in Boston to meet with the creators of the ultimate music game.

The award-winning Rock Band 2 standalone software will make its debut on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on Sunday, September 14, 2008 with an exclusive launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 standalone wireless drums and guitars will also arrive at retail later in the week. In addition, look for the epic Rock Band 2 TV commercial featuring AC/DC's rock anthem "Let There Be Rock" that premiered during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards at www.rockband2.com.

Spike TV is available in 96.1 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks.

SOURCE Spike TV

The Show will reveal the first rock band 2 downloable album to play on the game !!!! hmmmm Could it be !!!!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1505 on: September 14, 2008, 12:23:21 AM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

And Axl's vocals?  What are you talking about? Its all synthesized.  1/2 the song sounds like My World

Have you even listened to the lyrics? They all fit together and tell a story.

Still you havent said what story or why he wont be home today.  Doesnt make any sense.  how long could the story be when there are only 12 different lines in the song.  I mean if you like the song thats great, but every non gnr fan ive played it for has hated it and almost everyone really liked better or the blues.

The melody is kind of non-existent?  Wow.  This song has some of catchiest and best melody lines of the new songs.  The story centers on someone who is angry, wants others to pay and is having violent fantasies about that.  The exact circumstances of his anger are irrelevant.  These are song lyrics and what is relevant is the emotion, not the exact details of the story.  Perhaps if the film that inspired the lyrics was ever released, the context of the emotions expressed in the song would be more apparent.  In the absence of that, you use your imagination.

Your experience with non-GN'R fans not liking this song has not been my experience, perhaps not others' experience as well.

Ali
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #1506 on: September 14, 2008, 12:25:41 AM »

I will happily take any monetary bet that this song gets no significant radio or video play in the U.S. and is greeted by almost totally deaf ears.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1507 on: September 14, 2008, 12:27:27 AM »

I will happily take any monetary bet that this song gets no significant radio or video play in the U.S. and is greeted by almost totally deaf ears.

I think your wrong, alot of people will like it and it will draw new fans in.  Alot of people wanna hear the first track off Chinese Democracy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1508 on: September 14, 2008, 12:29:17 AM »

We don't even know for sure that it will have a video or be released to radio.  That's a pointless bet to make at this point.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1509 on: September 14, 2008, 12:31:30 AM »

Since the release is now official can I post the lyrics:

I've got a funny feeling
There's something wrong today
I've got a funny feeling
And it won't go away

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away

Don't ever try to tell me
How much you care for me
How you were there for me

I don't believe there's a reason(I try)
I don't believe it
I don't believe you

I've got a wicked demon
His hunger never fades
I've got an empty feeling
I won't be home today

How much you care for me
How you were there for me

I don't believe it
I don't believe you

I don't believe it
I don't believe you

All I wanted ?
All I wanted ?

I don't believe it
I don't believe there's reason(I try)
I don't believe you

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1510 on: September 14, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »

great lyrics, great song, great everything I can't wait for Chinese Democracy !!! (no pun intended)

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1511 on: September 14, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »

I think your wrong, alot of people will like it and it will draw new fans in.  Alot of people wanna hear the first track off Chinese Democracy.

Like they did when GNR released Oh My God almost a decade ago...or when they played the VMA's or when they played several new songs a their only averagely attended shows.  Im sorry only fans will care enough to listen to this,   it is not at all a song that will appeal to mass audiences.  The song lyrics are angry asolescent lyrics that are just silly and dont work anymore.  You do realize there are 4 lines in a rom that end with the word me... and the chorus consists of I dont belive theres a reason.

Also lines like, "Ive got a wicked demon."  Seriously, how can anyone think thats a well thought out line.  Of course the demon is wicked, what other type of demon would it be?  Its redundant.  I mean seriously, how you can think this is even average for a gnr song I have no clue.  Listen to tracks like Crash Diet which never saw the light of day and listen to the lyrics there and then these lyrics its not even close.  Axl's lyrics are great when they are poigniant and descriptive, "broken glass and cigarettes."  I really really just hope that they had a song laying around that had an unbelievable guitar solo and figured give it to Rock Band 2, make some money, make a little buzz when they song is hard to beat and then release the CD.  This song again is nowhere near on par with Better or Twat or The Blues or Catcher in the Rye or IRS or any of the new stuff.  This song could have been axl coughing for 2 minutes and people on here would say it was great...theres no depth to it and it will never be popular I guarantee.

The strength of the song is Axl's melody lines and the beat.  It makes for a fun and catchy song.  Not every is meant to or should have the depth of "The Blues".

Jesus, the vast majority of traditional pop songs have no lyrical depth and become popular by virtue of their melodies and beats.

Ali

If I kissed a girl can be a hit then Shacklers Revenge could put it out of its misery.  I think your reading too much into the lyrics it's pretty self explainatory, Damn its awesome song and if you never heard GnR before like some people I think it can grab there attention and start humming that hook and chorus in their head.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1512 on: September 14, 2008, 01:01:28 AM »

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1513 on: September 14, 2008, 01:24:22 AM »

Its been like a couple of hours since the game was released and there is already that much bitch and whine? Damn, it must be really though to be a fan of something you dislike that much. Tongue

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1514 on: September 14, 2008, 01:31:49 AM »

Its been like a couple of hours since the game was released and there is already that much bitch and whine? Damn, it must be really though to be a fan of something you dislike that much. Tongue

Yeah no kidding ! seems like u can't please some guns fans.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1515 on: September 14, 2008, 01:36:13 AM »

I'm not sure if its to me you are whining at?
(Just  quote or name the people/posts  you diss plx!)
...But theres no GNR related whine what so ever in my post.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1516 on: September 14, 2008, 01:41:27 AM »

^ Yeah, it was you too. And yes, you whined about the song not being released in another way.

And no, I dont need to quote when I want to talk about more than one person.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1517 on: September 14, 2008, 01:54:47 AM »

^ Yeah, it was you too. And yes, you whined about the song not being released in another way.

And no, I dont need to quote when I want to talk about more than one person.
Well..Its not out in another way atm is it? I matter of factly say this as a part of my non GNR related whine. That is all.
Since you mentioned the  same thing outloud too i suppose it makes you a whiner aswell, by your own standards.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:57:16 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: September 14, 2008, 01:58:08 AM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

And Axl's vocals?  What are you talking about? Its all synthesized.  1/2 the song sounds like My World

youre a tool...you are just trying to talk shit about the song...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1519 on: September 14, 2008, 02:01:26 AM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

youre a tool...you are just trying to talk shit about the song...

He's one of those wannabe writers that hang out at Starbucks all day.

Or even worse...an English teacher grading an essay.

The song is the bomb.

(Let's analyze my opinion over a latte.)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: