Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476892 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1360 on: September 11, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »

I don't know about elsewhere but at least here in Michigan, more then a few retailers are already selling.
More sadness...I have been on the 'jail the evil leakers' side if that whole discussion, but now must ask:  Where is the penalty for these people?  They have the product, but do not have permission to sell it until 9/14.  Yes, I understand that they paid wholesale for it and OWN this product until sold (IAW Licenscing)...vs. Leakers who stole it...but this has to be wrong on some level.  This whole process has a complete breakdown in integrity.  Angry

I hope we see something soon from the band...maybe SR on their webpage or Myspace?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1361 on: September 11, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »

I got a question, how can I get a copy of the song whenever it does come out officially?

I dont have xbox, no ps3, nothing.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1362 on: September 11, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »

I got a question, how can I get a copy of the song whenever it does come out officially?

i dont think a official release for the song has been finalised...........the only release so far is on the game

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1363 on: September 11, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »

We keep on waiting  Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1364 on: September 11, 2008, 02:48:45 PM »

You'll have to wait until the game is officially out before talking about the song.

Or did any of you actually buy the game already?

/jarmo

I don't know about elsewhere but at least here in Michigan, more then a few retailers are already selling.

Russtcb,

Can you get me some names of those retailers?  And maybe locations/phone numbers?  Via PM if you don't want to post them here, directly?

We're hearing this from people around the country, but in order to get a "nationwide" break of the street date, we need to get specific retailer names.  If we can get enough of them, from around the country, we can likely get Gamestop, ToysRus, and the like to start selling them "early".

Otherwise....it's not been "officially" released.

Exactly. Until people can prove that it's been sold (usually via a receipt on Engadget or something) no one else will "officially" break street date.

Two people I know have picked up their pre-orders and one I know was from a GameStop (don't know which one, but everyone I know lives near the north Detroit area). The retailer may have gotten around the street date by handing out a title that was paid in full on "pre-order" that way they don't get in trouble for ringing it up before Sunday.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #1365 on: September 11, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »

well, that sucks for us.
i dont think a official release for the song has been finalised...........the only release so far is on the game
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1366 on: September 11, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »

I work at Gamestop and was able to purchase the game today.  It's awesome...Jarmo, please let us know when we have your divine permission to discuss the song in greater detail.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1367 on: September 11, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »

probably on the official release day

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1368 on: September 11, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »

Rock Band 2 Xbox 360 hits the top ten sales chart

Published: 4 hours ago

by Marcus Lai

Advanced sales for Harmonix Inc. and MTV Games' Rock Band 2 for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 reached top 10 sales on strong demand at retailer Amazon.com.

On Thurs., the stand-alone SKU ranked as the No. 8 best-selling product in Amazon's Video Games division.

It previously ranked in the top 15 earlier in the week.

Harmonix and MTV Games on Wed. said that the title has shipped to retailer in preparation for a Sept. 14 launch.

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=6684

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1369 on: September 11, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »

First impressions: Rock Band 2's ION drums

By Ben Kuchera | Published: September 11, 2008 - 01:54PM CT

This morning I ran to my local UPS location with one thing in my mind: my Drum Rockers, sitting in a box, waiting for them. The drums come in a large box, with the Rock Band 2 logo and the subtitle "Premium Drum Set." Opening the big box gets you many little boxes. Putting the Drum Rocker together didn't look like it would be an easy task, even after the twenty minutes of unboxing all the components.

Here's what we started with: (photo)

And that's before we unwrapped any of the cables or electronics. Setting everything up took about an hour, and I'm still tweaking placement of the pads and the cymbals to my taste; everything on the drums can be adjusted and moved to suit your own drumming needs. I haven't had a chance to twist-tie the cables, but here we go: (photo)

You can see the new Rock Band 2 drums to the right of the Drum Rockers, and boy do they look and feel tiny now. I've had a chance to play a few songs with the premium drum set, and so far it's amazing. Quieter than what you're used to, heavy as hell, with the ability to take quite the beating. The one thing that has begun to bother me is that without the pedal attaching to anything directly, it tends to slide around my hardwood floors. The set comes with velcro to alleviate that problem, but I'm not keen on putting velcro down anywhere.

We're going to be abusing the drums in the coming days, and expect a more in-depth look at the drums with our Rock Band 2 review, but so far one thing is clear: this is a very high-quality peripheral that simply feels great to play. I'm going to have a hard time going back to anything else. This doesn't feel like a toy, this feels like an actual drum set. Which it is. It also works with the first Rock Band, and hopefully with Guitar Hero: World Tour.

I can't talk about the game, but if anyone has questions about the hardware, I'll try to answer them in the comments.   

Photos here: http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/09/11/first-impressions-rock-band-2s-ion-drums

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1370 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »

The drumset seems cool, but my concern is about the guitar - will it be as good as the one in GH? I mean, there were some problems with the plastic guitar in the first RB and I know Harmonix tried to fix that, but who knows if they made it.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1371 on: September 11, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »

^

Instrument Face-off ? ?Rock Band 2′ vs. ?Rock Band? [Pictures]

Posted by Patrick Klepek on 9/9/08

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/09/instrument-faceoff-rock-band2/

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1372 on: September 12, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »

I know this might be a stupid question but I'm old.  How can I get the song when the song is officially released on Rock Band 2?  Is there a soundtrack? 

-Larry
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1373 on: September 12, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »

I know this might be a stupid question but I'm old.  How can I get the song when the song is officially released on Rock Band 2?  Is there a soundtrack? 

-Larry
I think a lot of people have that same question, me included.  And I haven't heard a definitive answer yet.  I did hear someone say that the reason they may not be releasing the song as a single YET, MAY be due to their negotiations with Best Buy.  Best Buy would get the exlusive on the music before any other outlet like iTunes, etc.  I don't know if that's the way things would go in such a situation, but it seems logical.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1374 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »

2 more days left sweet
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1375 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

Once the game is released, you should be able to discuss this song.  It's not like you are only going to have access to hear this song if you own a XBOX 360.  This game will be up for demo in stores, etc.  So chances are you hit up a best buy or Gamespot, you can listen to the song and should be able to comment on it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1376 on: September 12, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »

Here is the track information on "Shackler's Revenge" which is featured on Rock Band 2 video game.

?Shackler's Revenge? as performed by Guns N? roses courtesy of Sony BMG Music

Music writers Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro

Published by Kobalt Music Publishing

I figure that the reason behind SONY BMG Music being mentioned is because the music is of a Digital Services, as many Amazon or iTunes track info carry the Sony BMG tag.

For those not familiar with the names involved, I?ll try my best. Axl Rose (vocals), Buckethead (guitar), Caram Costanzo (engineer), Brian "BRAIN" Mantia (drums) Robin Finck (guitar) Pete Scaturro seems to have co-wrote, at http://www.lauraalice.com/pete_scaturro.html

?In September 2008 Shackler?s Revenge, the first single from the highly anticipated Guns N RosesChinese Democracy that Pete co-wrote with Buckethead and Brain, will be featured in Rock Band 2.? album

About Guns N? Roses : At a time when pop was dominated by dance music and pop-metal, Guns N' Roses brought raw, ugly rock & roll crashing back into the charts. They were not nice boys; nice boys don't play rock & roll. They were ugly, misogynist, and violent; they were also funny, vulnerable, and occasionally sensitive, as their breakthrough hit, "Sweet Child O' Mine," showed. While Slash and Izzy Stradlin ferociously spit out dueling guitar riffs worthy of Aerosmith or the Stones, Axl Rose screeched out his tales of sex, drugs, and apathy in the big city. Meanwhile, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler were a limber rhythm section who kept the music loose and powerful. Guns N' Roses' music was basic and gritty, with a solid hard, bluesy base; they were dark, sleazy, dirty, and honest -- everything that good hard rock and heavy metal should be.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/5121/41/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1377 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:02 AM »

Thanks Jarmo!
Thats awsome.. So does this mean that Shacklers Revenge will be the first Guns N Roses single?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1378 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »

awesome post Jarmo  yes I like it already!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1379 on: September 12, 2008, 11:23:20 AM »

Thats awsome.. So does this mean that Shacklers Revenge will be the first Guns N Roses single?

I think that's something that is assumed on the web page for Pete...

That's why it's quoted.

There's also a page for Brain on that site: http://www.lauraalice.com/brain.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: