Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 477340 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1320 on: September 06, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »

I don't know...I get the feeling like 'Shackler's Revenge' will NOT be the first 'single.' I think that might have been the plan at some point but perhaps the 'plan B' was to just release it for the game, get some exposure and release something else as the official first single.

Just my feeling.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1321 on: September 07, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »

Now, we are about to start the last week with no official material... Damn.. 7 days! I am damn excited. Cant wait to play this song out LOUD! ok

EDIT: Anyone think we will get any news on how the song will be released this week? Itunes, Streaming or something? Or only through the game..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1322 on: September 07, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »

Check itunes just after midnight on Monday...that's when they post new material.  If it's going to be a single, that's the time it will be released. 

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1323 on: September 08, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »

Rockband 2 ships on Sept 14 which is a sunday ! is there a chance it will come out early say fri or sat due to the sunday shipping.  usually video games come out on Tue ? would be nice if it did come out early i've had games I wanted to buy come out earlier than the release date, hopefully this game is one of them.

Stores will likely have them in their back rooms by Friday afternoon. 

I doubt you'll see many, if any, break street date..which is Sunday.  It happens, with some stores, with any big release....but it's becoming more and more infrequent.  The last "good sized" break I remember was some Toys R Us breaking street on Bioshock.

You will likely have a whole slew of stores doing midnight releases, though....so as the clock moves from Saturday to Sunday...the game will go on sale.

"New games" run the gamut on release dates, now.  It's not as much of a "Tuesday only" club as it used to be.  Just recently "Too Human" was a Wednesday ship (with a Thursday "release"), Guitar Hero Aerosmith was likewise a Sunday (and all stock was in the stores by Friday).  They've seeminly worked out the shipping and restock kinks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:38:11 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1324 on: September 08, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »

nobodys had a chance to play Shacklers yet?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1325 on: September 08, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »

nobodys had a chance to play Shacklers yet?

I didn't personally but my buddy played it about a month ago. He's a store manager for Circuit City and they had their fal planning meeting in Las Vegas. At the meeting he was allowed to play RB2 and ofcourse asked to play SR. They didn't let me play it out in the open, but they let him play it behind closed doors. He called me right after playing it and was beside himself with joy.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1326 on: September 08, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »

Wasn't the charity event featuring Rockband 2 this last Saturday?  Anyone have news on that?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1327 on: September 08, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »

Wasn't the charity event featuring Rockband 2 this last Saturday?  Anyone have news on that?

Sep 7 2008 3:14 PM EDT

Panic At The Disco, Plain White T's Help Launch 'Rock Band 2' At Pre-VMA Party

Fans playing the new Harmonix game earn just as much applause as the bands.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1594269/20080907/story.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1328 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:46 AM »

No mention of Shackler...I wonder if it was 'blocked' or restricted, as someone suggested it was in a Vegas demo.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1329 on: September 09, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »

No mention of Shackler...I wonder if it was 'blocked' or restricted, as someone suggested it was in a Vegas demo.

From the Rock Band 2 press release:

Attendees will rock out with a sneak peek and chance to play Rock Band 2 before it hits retail....

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1330 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:23 PM »

I just heard that the game may have leaked online. Not sure what that actually means tho. You can't copy Xbox 360 games like you could PC games can you?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #1331 on: September 09, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »

Shame the game leaked...Yes you can copy them (X BOX 360 games) or so I have been told.   
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1332 on: September 09, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

Shame the game leaked...Yes you can copy them (X BOX 360 games) or so I have been told.   

Oh ok. I didn't know that. I don't own a 360 but my buddy does. I'm actually off work this coming Sunday just so I can go to his place and play SR alot!  beer

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1333 on: September 09, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »

I just heard that the game may have leaked online. Not sure what that actually means tho. You can't copy Xbox 360 games like you could PC games can you?

I've heard it HAS leaked.

That being said, the only way you can play "leaked" games on your 360 is if you have "modded" it.  As in, added a chip or some other hardware to circumvent the copy protection and regionalization of the console.

I don't get the sense many people have that.  I know I don't...and I don't personally know anyone that does.

It's not like a PC game, or a DVD..where you can download it, burn it to disc, and just pop it in as normal with any PC or DVD player.

Together again,
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1334 on: September 09, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »

I've heard it HAS leaked.

That being said, the only way you can play "leaked" games on your 360 is if you have "modded" it.  As in, added a chip or some other hardware to circumvent the copy protection and regionalization of the console.

I don't get the sense many people have that.  I know I don't...and I don't personally know anyone that does.

It's not like a PC game, or a DVD..where you can download it, burn it to disc, and just pop it in as normal with any PC or DVD player.
So has the Guitar and drum set leaked as well ?  Cheesy
If microsoft had bothered to put Blu Ray into it console then there would be no way of it leaking ! yes

Thanks Giant Robot...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1335 on: September 09, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »

If microsoft had bothered to put Blu Ray into it console then there would be no way of it leaking ! yes

No, but the old instruments work just fine, reportedly, so you don't REALLY need new ones.

I've heard the new Guitar is a lot less "mushy" in the strum bar, though....

As for Blu Ray....my new Dell laptop (via work) has a Blu Ray burner in it.  I'm not precisely sure HOW one would DL a blu ray game, burn it, and use it in a modded console....not my "thing", but I imagine it would be possible.  Just harder, more time consuming, more expensive (since blank blu ray disks are pricey), and less frequent.

Together again,
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1336 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:02 PM »

well Harmonix did a pretty good job keeping everything under wraps until now

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
kannon21
Opening Act

« Reply #1337 on: September 09, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »

No, but the old instruments work just fine, reportedly, so you don't REALLY need new ones.

As for Blu Ray....my new Dell laptop (via work) has a Blu Ray burner in it.  I'm not precisely sure HOW one would DL a blu ray game, burn it, and use it in a modded console....not my "thing", but I imagine it would be possible.  Just harder, more time consuming, more expensive (since blank blu ray disks are pricey), and less frequent.

Don't.

PS3 = blu-ray = no bootleg games. (and it's been almost 2 years)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1338 on: September 09, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »

not long before we get a vid then........once it hits the public torrent sites, we'll start seeing vids pop-up everywhere.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1339 on: September 09, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »

I think I understood about half a dozen words in that post, pilferk.   Embarrassed   Gawd I feel old!  I do admire all of you who are able to keep up-to-date with all this gaming stuff and the like, it's all I can do to get something loaded onto my ipod.  Hopefully the track will be released on some kind of format I can cope with at some point.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: