Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2008 - Has there been a more favorable time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 - Has there been a more favorable time?  (Read 11512 times)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »

But what about Robin?

Really

I mean, there "some" good things happening right now....but the beginning of 2006 smokes this.......big time

A tour was starting then, dynamite shows at the Hammerstein, Izzy jamming onstage, a solid replacement for Bucket, new songs, Axl doing interviews and suggesting the album was actually done..........Things were very , very good back then

Right now, there's still a few too many questions un-answered to compare this time to 2 years ago..

I agree that 2006 was great, but 2008 seems pretty bright too if you ask me. We've had several people from the gunner camp telling us that the album is complete and is currently being negotiated for release. That's a pretty damn big deal if you ask me. I can't recall hearing this in any other previous years.

The only "unanswered question"  that personally comes to my mind is whether or not Robin will return to the band. If he doesn't, the band will continue and move on just as it always has. Personally, I don't really see any reason to speculate on this right now. Until I hear otherwise, I am just assuming that he is currently touring with his old band until Guns are ready to kick things off. Same with Brain. I expect to see him back when things are ready to roll again, and if he chooses not to, no biggie - we have Frank fucking Ferrar handling the job perfectly fine.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »

plus,  axl or anyone in GNR never said the album was completely done in 2006 because it wasn't.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 02:34:59 PM »

I would love to see the band play a few shows this year even if the album isn't out.. like Vegas or Hammerstein. 
Death Cube K
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 03:43:38 PM »

Play a few shows? They are lacking one important guitar player.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

till then the camp is concentrating on the release and he and other members are doing their things that they can't do when the time comes..
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

I would love to see the band play a few shows this year even if the album isn't out.. like Vegas or Hammerstein. 

Oh, me too, Rim Job.  I'd give anything to see a couple shows this year! 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 05:27:48 PM »

I'm not suggesting a tour, I'm saying a couple shows that could maybe be scheduled around dates when Robin is away on tour.   They could even get a stand-in like they did with Brain if thats not possible.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »

I'm not suggesting a tour, I'm saying a couple shows that could maybe be scheduled around dates when Robin is away on tour.   They could even get a stand-in like they did with Brain if thats not possible.
If it was only a few shows, maybe Izzy would even be willing to fill in. Not likely, but a possibility.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »

Agreed.   beer

With or without an album, I'd fly anywhere in North America for a chance to see them play live in 2008. Two or 3 shows in late October would tie in beautifully to my already existing Vegas plans.   Smiley
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 12:01:18 AM »

Seems some people are stuck on three silly theories:

1. We were just as close or closer in 200X ( 0<X<8 ).
Well, no. The album may have been very closed to finished but it was never finalized until late 2007.

2. They can't tour without Robin.
Yes, they can. You know, a lot of people have dissed and mocked the "ever-changing" lineup but there's actually an advantage to it. They could get any of the people that left back (temporarily or not) and that person would still feel like a member and not just a guest touring musician.

3. This is Axl's art and he can release it whenever he wants however he wants.
Anyone who makes this claim is indirectly labeling Axl a selfish egomaniac. I believe this is far from the truth. Again, there are many other people who have put their lives and careers into this. I think Axl cares about them and their families and from that perspective would want this record out as soon as humanly possible, of course presented in the right way so it makes financial sense as well. He is the leader and mastermind but he is not the only creative person on this project. You don't hire art, you don't pay art off in a one-time check. Art is timeless and as such is supposed to pay respect and royalties for a long time. But this cannot happen until an official release.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »

plus,  axl or anyone in GNR never said the album was completely done in 2006 because it wasn't.

True, but when you've been working on an album for over a decade, and you claim people will hear music this year......People have a right to be a little confused when the only music they heard was that which was played live
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »

True, but when you've been working on an album for over a decade, and you claim people will hear music this year......People have a right to be a little confused when the only music they heard was that which was played live

Axl said we would hear music in 2006 and we did. I don't know what's so confusing about that. With or without the album, I personally had a great time seeing the band and hearing new songs being performed live.   smoking

Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:50 PM »

If I was the label head, I'd be shitting myself right now. In financial terms, every year this album doesn't come out, the more money it loses.l
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

I agree with leatherebel. All the planets are lined up and it couldn't be a better time to release the album. It's definitely closer than ever.  I think Axl is finally ready to put his art out there and has never held out purposely...but the Robin thing IS a HUGE ballbust!!!! I think Leatherebel is right, Axl could definitely bring back an old guitarist and pull it off, but it wouldn't be good to bring in someone new. This is the only setback.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 11:23:17 PM »

Robin could always take off a couple of show's and play with GnR if they do a couple of performances this year.  We will have CD this year but a tour ? probaly not till 09 at the latest.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »

They were lacking one important guitar player who wrote/cowrote a ton of their best material on the UYI tour as well

I would love for Robin to be there but if he's not then they will move on like they've always done in the past

It would be a shame if Robin weren't there after all he's contributed to Guns and CD but if he's not there it's by his own choice
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »

the best tme would have been 2001 after rock in rio  Undecided 

If the world would end today... Wink
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 01:38:06 AM »

i don't know how much longer i can wait.for real i dunno.

the one an only horsey !
Death Cube K
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 05:19:35 AM »

They were lacking one important guitar player who wrote/cowrote a ton of their best material on the UYI tour as well

Even how much you guys try to compare those two situations, they are absolutely not the same.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »

I think I participated in this discussion in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.  Grin

Same here!

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: