Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rush Limbaugh SHATTERS broadcast records
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh SHATTERS broadcast records  (Read 11459 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »

I officially dub it "Douchebag One".

I detect a bit of jealousy.  rofl

You've got to be kidding.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »

^^^Well I am jealous. I'd love to have a nice contract like his and sweet jet to go with it.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »

I'd feel saddened with the state of society more than anything, when $400 million goes to Rush Limbaugh instead of charity, health care, education, road repairs, infrastructure, etc.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »

I'm sure he'll donate a good bit to charity as he always does.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 03:31:20 PM »

Although I'm not a big fan of Rush, I do believe he created the EIB network (which is Private), it's studios and the employees who work there get paid from EIB, so in essence he does pay for staffing etc...Is it too much to be paid?  Yeah to me... but I guess if he earned it, he will be taxed on it as well.  If I made that much I'd be happy with it so fuck it let him live it up.  It doesn't bother me who makes what, unless their interested in what I make and pay in taxes.  I've have no jealousy in what people earn because it doesn't matter to me.  As a matter of fact I'm happy for anyone who does well for themselves in a "honest" fashion.  Your meaning of honest and mine may differ but whatever.  I know plumbers and fence company installers who are very wealthy too...Who cares?

Good Lord I'm going to put the hat back on.......

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »

I think Stern still makes more....

Rush's PR folks would quibble that Stern isn't on "real radio", because he's on Sirius....but still.

nope, Stern makes half that...which is amazing because he  has way less than half the audience Limbaugh does...I believe Sterns deal was a 10 year worth about 200 million or so....Rush's is an 8 year worth 400 million

Nope.

5 year, 100  million per year.

Now, the 100 million ALSO includes some production costs, and other funding for other positions.  I think, ultimately, it's working out to about 75 to 80 million per year for him.

But most of it goes to Stern.  At least that's the report.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:26 AM »

was it 500 million?  i know that that total was to also pay for his show...Robin, and the rest of his crew.....Limbaughs 400 million is right to his pocket....and why would Rush deserve less? Sterns audience is a tiny fraction of what Rush's is...

NOT the whole show.

Robin, Artie, Gary, Fred, etc are all Sirius employees....they have their own deals....Howard's deal does NOT cover their $$$.

What the money DOES cover is people like Howard Assistant Laura, Ronnie the Limo Driver, Ralph....people who work DIRECTLY for Howard.

It also covers SOME of the production costs, outside the "day to day operations", but not much of it.

From the reports I've seen, he's pocketing around 75 to 80 million of the 100 million.  More than Rush.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

They both deserve less.  I can't believe people listen to either of them.  When was the last time Howard Stern was "shocking"?  Why pay $400 million to have some blowhard echo chamber your beliefs (or, more likely, tell you what they are)?

Wastes of money. 

I can't speak for Rush....

but for Sirrius, Stern was worth every penny.  You can debate quality til the cows come home.  You can't really debate what Stern has done for Sirius' subscription numbers, and their revenue generation.  I think he's MORE than paid for himself.....

The merger with XM, with Sirius being the "lead dog" (if you'll excuse the pun) is largely due to Stern.  He not only brought in a TON of subs, himself, he indirectly kept Sirius in the news, which helped raise their Q rating substantially, and made them a much more attractive choice for consumers.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »

it's difficult to compare Rush's deal with Stern's. Stern's contract includes the production costs and salaries associated with running his show. Rush's does not. he keeps the full $400M.

are they worth it? well, it's simple business...

Stern clearly isn't worth it and as a result will be taking a paycut in 2010. Rush apparently IS worth it. I haven't analyzed Clear Channel's financials, but they have made huge profits from Rush in recent years and are projecting huge benefits from him in the future as well.   

Again, SOME costs associated with running his show...not all of them.

Is Stern taking a paycut in 2010?  News to me! I didn't realilze he'd signed a new deal......The last thing I read on the subject was on July 1, and he hadn't signed (or has even talked about signing) anything.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/26/technology/moritz_sirius.fortune/index.htm

Financial speculation is he MIGHT take a paycut.

Stern keeps saying he's gonna retire, so.....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:13:28 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »

In fairness, hasnt he been saying that since 1992 or so?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »

In fairness, hasnt he been saying that since 1992 or so?

Yup.

And I guess he was pretty much ready to do that when his terrestrial deal ended....because of the censorship and the way the company had treated him.  Then the sat companies came in and offered him creative freedom (within reason) and a much more uncensored platform....along with a buttload of money and "rockstar" treatment.  Sirius, apparently, offered a "better deal" while XM's board was futzing around on approval of their preliminary offer to Stern.  But since his deal started, and to this day, he's said he's done at the end of the 5 years.   Whether he's serious or not?  Who knows.....

Karmazin has said, in the past, he'd sign Howard, tomorrow, to another 5 years....same terms as this deal....if Howard would sign the contract...but Howard has refused.

Really, though, the point is that I'm not sure I'd take financiers speculating that Stern is going to take a pay cut any more seriously than I would Stern saying he's going to retire at the end of his deal.   I think to convince Stern to NOT retire would pretty much necessitate they DON'T cut his pay.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:02:37 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »

This thread has acquired an odd kind of 'my dad can kick your dad's ass' vibe to it.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »

how about we address the fact that as much as alot of you think everyone in America agrees with your way of thinking...that might not be the case considering Rush Limbaugh is being paid a fortune to speak out against what you most of you believe AND he has a huge national audience to justify every penny....
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »

how about we address the fact that as much as alot of you think everyone in America agrees with your way of thinking...

How about we address the fact that you totally make stuff up to suit your point du jour. (<- French not Spanish) Also, whatever his audience is, it's far, far from being a majority of US voters.

Here's an interesting poll from last year. Rush totally wins the unfavourable category

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/general_current_events/media/politicians_earn_higher_favorable_ratings_than_journalists

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 01:59:12 AM »

[
How about we address the fact that you totally make stuff up to suit your point du jour. (<- French not Spanish) Also, whatever his audience is, it's far, far from being a majority of US voters.

Really? Well I thnk 59 million people who voted in 2004 might disagree with you...AND what did I make up?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »

how about we address the fact that as much as alot of you think everyone in America agrees with your way of thinking...that might not be the case considering Rush Limbaugh is being paid a fortune to speak out against what you most of you believe AND he has a huge national audience to justify every penny....

He's being paid a fortune because the NeoCons know that the next president is going to be Obama.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 03:01:59 AM »

I always wondered on Terrestrial radio how they determine ratings etc..........

I remember watching Rush Limbaugh on TV when i was a teenager................ Weird shit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 03:02:44 AM »

This thread has acquired an odd kind of 'my dad can kick your dad's ass' vibe to it.

My penis is larger than yours.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 03:05:47 AM »

well my penis................. nervous

Anyway, how bout that Rush Limbaugh! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:05 AM »

well my penis................. nervous

Anyway, how bout that Rush Limbaugh! hihi

LULZ d00d!

UHhh, about Rush Limbaugh...I don't care how much he gets paid or anything like that, but what he did to my man Michael J. Fox was sooooo low.  I hate him for that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: