Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum sure reunion will happen "eventually," and without him.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum sure reunion will happen "eventually," and without him.  (Read 10087 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »

Interesting....from Blabbermouth.net

THE PANIC CHANNEL's video for the song "Why Cry" featuring Steve Isaacs, the rumored frontrunner for the VELVET REVOLVER singer position and the person Sorum is supposedly referring to in the above interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ48ln1eAr8

In response, from Steve Isaacs...

I'm Not Playing with Velvet Revolver

I got an odd email congratulating me about singing for the Velvet Revolver guys, which took me by surprise cause, well? I?m not. Apparently this interview with VR?s Matt Sorum (who I am lucky enough to play with when Camp Freddy comes to town) led the interviewer to suspect that the mystery singer Matt was referring to was me. It?s not.

http://blog.steveisaacs.com/post/39668376/im-not-playing-with-velvet-revolver

That's too bad-he's pretty good-at least he ends speculation quick

libertad
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

either one is a complete downgrade from either Frank and Brain.   Axl doesn't need Matt or Steven, or any of the other ex-members for Guns N' Roses.

well, it would certainly make an interesting reunion if none of the orginal members would be involved.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »

either one is a complete downgrade from either Frank and Brain.   Axl doesn't need Matt or Steven, or any of the other ex-members for Guns N' Roses.

well, it would certainly make an interesting reunion if none of the orginal members would be involved.

Well for the 2006 reunion there was Axl and Dizzy.   When Gnr goes out again its safe to say those 2 will still be there Smiley
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »

If there were a "reunion", it would be the original AFD guys, and Matt I'm sure knows that.   Doesn't make him out of the loop or a clown for saying what he did.   The only reason he'd be included is if Steven just couldn't get his act together to do it.     
Hasn't it been said that Steven is nowhere near the drummer he used to be after all he's been through?  I forget where I read it, maybe it was just a fan stating an opinion but I thought it was from a pretty official source.  I haven't heard or seen Steven play recently but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in AFD form at this stage of his life and if that was the case I'm not too sure he'd be "the guy" to play drums IF a reunion ever took place.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »

If there were a "reunion", it would be the original AFD guys, and Matt I'm sure knows that.   Doesn't make him out of the loop or a clown for saying what he did.   The only reason he'd be included is if Steven just couldn't get his act together to do it.     
Hasn't it been said that Steven is nowhere near the drummer he used to be after all he's been through?  I forget where I read it, maybe it was just a fan stating an opinion but I thought it was from a pretty official source.  I haven't heard or seen Steven play recently but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in AFD form at this stage of his life and if that was the case I'm not too sure he'd be "the guy" to play drums IF a reunion ever took place.

I can't imagine Steven pulling off a lot of the UYI material, but that's just me.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 02:11:48 AM »

Honestly, if he doesn't put this album out soon, I think there will continue to be ex-members of GnR.  There's a fuck of a lot of ex-members.  They've come & gone.  Personally, I think quite a few of them left because they got tired of waiting around.

Any new incarnation is the best incarnation, right?   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 02:14:23 AM »

But again, I think Matt's comments have more to do with the general paranoia and poor communication among the VR camp than anything else...

yeah. first scott who thought duff & slash was in contact with guns management for a reunion,
now matt who thinks it's possible. is everyone in contact with them becomes paranoid ?

don't worry guys, it will never happen if chinese democracy is a success.
and even if it's not, axl would probably prefer to go on with his new team.

I kind of think he misses his old team.  Don't know why, but I just kind of think that. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 02:17:55 AM »

Any new incarnation is the best incarnation, right?   
i never said that.   I'm simply saying GnR is fine the way it is.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 02:34:28 AM »

Well for the 2006 reunion there was Axl and Dizzy.   When Gnr goes out again its safe to say those 2 will still be there Smiley

Yeah, we get it - there can be no reunion of a band that still exists.  Despite that thought, personally - I think many, many people are disappointed in what's gone on, over the years, and want to see the GnR (once again) that made one of the best albums of all time.  That was the band and combination of people that made it happen and made GnR one of the greatest rock n' roll bands that ever existed.  GnR has evolved & changed over 20 some years - that's true - and it's going to happen.  However, the band that exists, today, is a band that...struggles.  It does.  I'm sure they've done successful tours, based on the name of GnR.   But, many members have come & gone over the past 12 yrs or so.  It's kind of crazy, in way.  
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 02:50:17 AM »

Yeah, we get it - there can be no reunion of a band that still exists.  Despite that thought, personally - I think many, many people are disappointed in what's gone on, over the years, and want to see the GnR (once again) that made one of the best albums of all time.  That was the band and combination of people that made it happen and made GnR one of the greatest rock n' roll bands that ever existed.  GnR has evolved & changed over 20 some years - that's true - and it's going to happen.  However, the band that exists, today, is a band that...struggles.  It does.  I'm sure they've done successful tours, based on the name of GnR.   But, many members have come & gone over the past 12 yrs or so.  It's kind of crazy, in way. 

well those people should get over it because its not happening.   GnR became solely Axl's vision as soon as those guys left and as Mr. Stinson said, you can either get on board or, well...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »

Yeah, we get it - there can be no reunion of a band that still exists.  Despite that thought, personally - I think many, many people are disappointed in what's gone on, over the years, and want to see the GnR (once again) that made one of the best albums of all time.  That was the band and combination of people that made it happen and made GnR one of the greatest rock n' roll bands that ever existed.  GnR has evolved & changed over 20 some years - that's true - and it's going to happen.  However, the band that exists, today, is a band that...struggles.  It does.  I'm sure they've done successful tours, based on the name of GnR.   But, many members have come & gone over the past 12 yrs or so.  It's kind of crazy, in way. 

well those people should get over it because its not happening.   GnR became solely Axl's vision as soon as those guys left and as Mr. Stinson said, you can either get on board or, well...

...or keep holding your breath?    hihi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: