Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:33:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum sure reunion will happen "eventually," and without him.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum sure reunion will happen "eventually," and without him.  (Read 10105 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99559

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum has told Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com that he thinks GUNS N' ROSES will get back together. "I'm sure it'll happen eventually," he said.

Sorum isn't so sure about his involvement in a reunion, however. "They could be having meetings about it right now. They could be in a bomb shelter, with Axl [Rose, vocals] and Slash [guitar] and Duff [McKagan, bass]. And Izzy [Stradlin, guitar]! Maybe Steven Adler [original GUNS N' ROSES drummer] ? I don't know. I'd probably be the very, very, very last guy to get the call."

As for the status of VELVET REVOLVER's search for a new lead singer following the departure of Scott Weiland, Sorum said, "We are looking. We are actively looking. We rehearsed for a couple of weeks. We tried out a couple of guys. We have a guy right now that we're still? let me see, what would be the correct word? massaging, as you will ? sort of checking it out, feeling it out, letting him work with us. I'd rather not [say who it is] ? just because I don't want it to get out that he might be the guy. I mean, we like him, he's awesome? It's really weird because [chuckles] Slash and Duff and myself ? especially the three of us ? we were kind of like, 'Wow, this guy shows up to a rehearsal on time, he's really nice, he's easy to get along with,' and it actually kind of scared us, 'cause we thought, 'Is this possible?' God, I was worried for a minute that it was almost like, you know, when you get in a relationship with a girl, or a guy gets in a relationship with a girl, or a girl gets in a relationship with a guy, and maybe they're really, really, really nice, but for some reason you don't really like them. [Laughs] I'm kind of worried that we might be so used to the drama. [Laughs] I kind of looked around at the guys. I said, 'Man, this guy is a super-nice dude. You think we can go with that or what? [Laughs]'"

The entire 17-minute audio interview with Matt Sorum conducted by Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com is available for download at this location.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »

Hmmmm.... Interesting.. Who the hell is this guy?
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

Hmmmm.... Interesting.. Who the hell is this guy?

Ned Flanders

They loved his rendition of welcome to the jungle!

Should be interesting to see who they choose and what style of music they go for

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »

lol first they didnt want any other "axl" or "scott"... now they're afraid of good guys...  confused

make up yourself already!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »

Interesting....from Blabbermouth.net

THE PANIC CHANNEL's video for the song "Why Cry" featuring Steve Isaacs, the rumored frontrunner for the VELVET REVOLVER singer position and the person Sorum is supposedly referring to in the above interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ48ln1eAr8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnr2k6
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

steve currently lives in new york.......not happeneing
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

hell i coulda told you all that. why do you think my name used to be GNRReunioneventually......until some one got mad and didn't like my name so he changed it for me Smiley

*ocugh cough Jarmo cough cough*

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 05:11:06 PM »

steve currently lives in new york.......not happeneing

Job relocation?  Cheesy

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »

Crack relocation?
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »

That is a really strange thing for Sorum to say (Gn'R Reunion). Makes it sound like he is out of the loop with his men  hihi hihi hihi hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

I don't ever see this clown having a place in Guns N' Roses.   Frank or Brain only please.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:11 AM »

If there were a "reunion", it would be the original AFD guys, and Matt I'm sure knows that.   Doesn't make him out of the loop or a clown for saying what he did.   The only reason he'd be included is if Steven just couldn't get his act together to do it.     
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 03:43:39 AM »

either one is a complete downgrade from either Frank and Brain.   Axl doesn't need Matt or Steven, or any of the other ex-members for Guns N' Roses.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »

If there were a "reunion", it would be the original AFD guys, and Matt I'm sure knows that.   Doesn't make him out of the loop or a clown for saying what he did.   The only reason he'd be included is if Steven just couldn't get his act together to do it.     

I think assuming Steven would be able to do it is a dangerous assumption to make.  But again, I think Matt's comments have more to do with the general paranoia and poor communication among the VR camp than anything else...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »

It seems like poor communication is a problem with GNR and VR these days

libertad
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »

But again, I think Matt's comments have more to do with the general paranoia and poor communication among the VR camp than anything else...

yeah. first scott who thought duff & slash was in contact with guns management for a reunion,
now matt who thinks it's possible. is everyone in contact with them becomes paranoid ?

don't worry guys, it will never happen if chinese democracy is a success.
and even if it's not, axl would probably prefer to go on with his new team.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

I wonder if this is the the guy Duff was referring to also when he said it was someone "semi-known"-he's really good, blows away the guys who were posted last week-he plays guitar, too-great voice

libertad
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »

Uh guys, don't you think maybe Matt was joking about the secret communications?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »

Uh guys, don't you think maybe Matt was joking about the secret communications?

He was..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »

Interesting....from Blabbermouth.net

THE PANIC CHANNEL's video for the song "Why Cry" featuring Steve Isaacs, the rumored frontrunner for the VELVET REVOLVER singer position and the person Sorum is supposedly referring to in the above interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ48ln1eAr8

In response, from Steve Isaacs...

I'm Not Playing with Velvet Revolver

I got an odd email congratulating me about singing for the Velvet Revolver guys, which took me by surprise cause, well? I?m not. Apparently this interview with VR?s Matt Sorum (who I am lucky enough to play with when Camp Freddy comes to town) led the interviewer to suspect that the mystery singer Matt was referring to was me. It?s not.

http://blog.steveisaacs.com/post/39668376/im-not-playing-with-velvet-revolver

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: