Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum To Perform At Charity Benefit For The Kenya Believe It Committee
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum To Perform At Charity Benefit For The Kenya Believe It Committee  (Read 5546 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »

Harldy changed my tune, just pointing out the Matt may have not been soley responsible as one Scott Weiland alleged in his personal attack on Sorum.

Well you could've said so the first time instead of pointing out that the fact that Matt was a reason for canceling those gigs was never proven to be right.

There's obviously plenty of blame to go around, no matter how they chose to handle it - it just doesn't get under my skin or cloud perspective.

Of course Scott is responsible too.

That doesn't mean Matt is a poor victim and innocent.

Not sure why you deem that assumption as "funny", it's obvous there's a few who just flat out don't like him and will spin everything he does as some sort of self serving master plan only done for personal gain.

Let me ask you this then. Do you think it's cool to first act like nothing and then admit you went to rehab months later in passing like it's a joke?

And also considering his past history with these kinds of problems, do you think it's ironic to be portrayed as a "hard-partying" guy while promoting a charity concert in Africa?

As I said, I don't care about how he chooses to portray himself. If he wants to be the dangerous hard-partying rock star, fair enough. Just stick to it.

Don't act like you're having "health issues" when you're in rehab and can't tour..... That's all.

It's almost like finally their wish, to be the dangerous unpredictable band they dreamed of being in 2004, came true and they don't even stand for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »

Well you could've said so the first time instead of pointing out that the fact that Matt was a reason for canceling those gigs was never proven to be right.

Apologies, I should have been more clear.

Of course Scott is responsible too.

That doesn't mean Matt is a poor victim and innocent..

Agreed on both points.

I just thought Weiland's accusatory press release was just way out of line and reactionary - pointing a finger instead of looking in the mirror.

Let me ask you this then. Do you think it's cool to first act like nothing and then admit you went to rehab months later in passing like it's a joke?.

That stuff just doesn't bother me, there was obviously so much more to the saga the blanks were going to filled in eventually.  As we all well know, sometimes cancellations just happen with or without reason(s) given or responsibility taken.

And also considering his past history with these kinds of problems, do you think it's ironic to be portrayed as a "hard-partying" guy while promoting a charity concert in Africa?.

Probably not the best way to be portrayed considering the event but nothing I'm going to get
riled up about as long as his presence adds to the festivities and helps the charity.

Don't act like you're having "health issues" when you're in rehab and can't tour..... That's all.

Well, addiction is a health issue.  Personally, I don't need a "full disclosure" explanation or care if someone in that situation decides to public or stay silent.  It's just none of my business one way or the other.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:31 AM »

I just thought Weiland's accusatory press release was just way out of line and reactionary - pointing a finger instead of looking in the mirror.

To me it seemed like he felt like Matt was pointing fingers while being partly to blame.

Matt even said in a recent interview that they felt bad about canceling those shows, he clarified that with "we" he meant Dave, Duff, Slash and himself.

No mention of him being part of the reason there either.

Well, addiction is a health issue.  Personally, I don't need a "full disclosure" explanation or care if someone in that situation decides to public or stay silent.  It's just none of my business one way or the other.

I know what you mean by keeping personal stuff private, I agree. But with this band it seems like as time passes, the real reasons come out and it's just joked about and so on.

I just think it's poor taste...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »

To me it seemed like he felt like Matt was pointing fingers while being partly to blame.

I can see that as well, although I don't think Matt's blog entry justified Weiland's scathing accusatory rant.  It was more of a personal attack than an actual explanation of sorts.

I just think it's poor taste...

It definitley could've been handled differently/better - no doubt.

All things considered, it could've have been avoided in it's entirety if 
Weiland hadn't fired the opening salvo with the "announcement" about this being the last VR tour (allegedly without the others knowledge) leading to Sorum's clarification blog the following day.   

For me, (as noted above) Sorum's post in no way deserved Weiland's silly retort - it was just beyond overreactionary to display in a public forum.

It does make for good rock and roll theatre though, no matter whose side you fall on. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: