Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coldplay - Viva La Vida  (Read 13815 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »

Chris Martin claimed he'd quit after their first album, Parachutes (which is a great album, btw.)  He also claimed they were done after Rush of Blood to the Head (which is an even better album).   He didn't claim it after X&Y though, and I thought by then he'd fully embraced his commercial self, since X&Y was garbage.  Guess not.

I wouldn't take what he says now too seriously.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »

good news for music

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 12:30:33 AM »

That?s what I heard the other day and honestly, the guys are like what, 31? Mr. Chris Martin said a musician has nothing to do after age 33!!!! What??? has he gone insane? he?s got the coolest job on earth, earns quite a lot of money and he says that? I guess he should have a talk with older rockers who are still at it.

lets hope they DO retire!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 06:23:08 AM »

Well, for a band that pretty much releases the same music on every album they've put out so far, I think they've already overstayed their welcome....

FUCK OFF already please. Grin

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 07:32:02 AM »

Mr. Chris Martin said a musician has nothing to do after age 33!!!!

He should tell that to Mr. Bob Dylan.
What an absolutely reveiling comment. Maybe it's hard to produce the same ballad over and over after age 33, I guess that's what he was trying to say.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:31 AM »

Falcon's a reasonable man I see Smiley

Every now and then.

This retirement can't come soon enough.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »

oh man am I gonna party if they do!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

Falcon's a reasonable man I see Smiley
He's being perfectly reasonable.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 11:02:10 PM »

I'm gonna miss these guys.

NOT!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

these guys are huge, they won't retire for a while.. i don't believe it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:36 PM »

these guys are huge, they won't retire for a while.. i don't believe it.

You gotta have some faith man!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »

I love how everyone here hates them Grin Now I know I'm not the only one!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »

So long. I downloaded the one tune of theirs I liked and in my defense, I liked it before I knew it was a Coldplay tune.

Don't Panic, I heard it on an episode of Rescue Me.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/joe_satriani_accuses_coldplay_of_plagiarism.html

This would be a major lawsuit since Coldplay's album is the biggest seller of the Year.

I don't hear the similarities...

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »

I find it hilarious that people hate them. What do they not seem manly enough? The falsetto gets to you? Or is it the use of haunting melodies??

It's hilarious that metal guys, hard rock guys and just manly men in general have issues with listening to bands like that.

You are missing out on great music because a band doesn't appear manly enough. That is my .02

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

Right, because GN'R was/is a manly mans band.

Roll Eyes
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »

Roll Eyes

It definitely is a man's band. The lyrical content and the explosiveness. Back off Bitch(song about his grandma, i know), One in a Million, Rocket Queen, and others have a tone of chauvinism. It's true. Does Axl hate women... no. But the tone can be identified be mistaken to be there.

What other bands in the 80s talked about that type of shit??? None practically. It was all strippers and hairspray. So men identified with GNR. Women liked the danger... men identified with GNR. It was about beauty, it was about Grit.

I'll take my negative karma now...  hihi

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »

Roll Eyes

It definitely is a man's band. The lyrical content and the explosiveness. Back off Bitch(song about his grandma, i know), One in a Million, Rocket Queen, and others have a tone of chauvinism. It's true. Does Axl hate women... no. But they are there.

What other bands in the 80s talked about that type of shit??? None practically. It was all strippers and hairspray. So men identified with GNR. Women liked the danger... men identified with GNR. It was about beauty, it was about Grit.

Look at the way they dressed.

November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry.  Yeah, those songs have testosterone dripping all over them.

My point is, even those not-so-manly songs are good because that's what they are.  GOOD SONGS!

I don't even get what Coldplay is trying to do!

Nothing wrong with falsetto.  Everyone likes Queen.  I listen to opera.  So that can't be it, can it?

There's nothing special about the melodies Martin utilizes.  It's all mostly recycled garbage that he heard on an Adult Contempo station.  And musically, everything is simplified.  For example, Lost has 4 chords on the keyboard/organ, a jumbled solo and a generic drumbeat lifted from a Public Image Ltd outtake.

Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

Roll Eyes

It definitely is a man's band. The lyrical content and the explosiveness. Back off Bitch(song about his grandma, i know), One in a Million, Rocket Queen, and others have a tone of chauvinism. It's true. Does Axl hate women... no. But they are there.

November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry.  Yeah, those songs have testosterone dripping all over them.

My point is, even those not-so-manly songs are good because that's what they are.  GOOD SONGS! They are Great songs.

Nothing wrong with falsetto.  Everyone likes Queen.  I listen to opera.  So that can't be it, can it? I wasn't aiming my statement specifically at you... how in the world was I going to know you're a raving opera fan...

There's nothing special about the melodies Martin utilizes.  It's all mostly recycled garbage that he heard on an Adult Contempo station.  And musically, everything is simplified.  For example, Lost has 4 chords on the keyboard/organ, a jumbled solo and a generic drumbeat lifted from a Public Image Ltd outtake. And ChiDem has a ridiculous amount of difficulty. They recycle the same chords within most of the songs. Better Shackler's, ChiDem... yeah Drop D Flat gives you a lot of options for chords... Brian Wilson... now that is a man that likes complicated.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

Roll Eyes

My point is, even those not-so-manly songs are good because that's what they are.  GOOD SONGS! They are Great songs.

Nothing wrong with falsetto.  Everyone likes Queen.  I listen to opera.  So that can't be it, can it? I wasn't aiming my statement specifically at you... how in the world was I going to know you're a raving opera fan...

There's nothing special about the melodies Martin utilizes.  It's all mostly recycled garbage that he heard on an Adult Contempo station.  And musically, everything is simplified.  For example, Lost has 4 chords on the keyboard/organ, a jumbled solo and a generic drumbeat lifted from a Public Image Ltd outtake. And ChiDem has a ridiculous amount of difficulty. They recycle the same chords within most of the songs. Better Shackler's, ChiDem... yeah Drop D Flat gives you a lot of options for chords... Brian Wilson... now that is a man that likes complicated.

I'm sure others here like opera too, I know you weren't directing it at me.

Yeah, ChiDem DOES have a lot of difficulty.

To say otherwise is completely ludicrous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: