Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:27:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228484 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan's Loaded Schedules European Tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan's Loaded Schedules European Tour  (Read 4102 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN's LOADED Schedules European Tour - June 13, 2008

LOADED, the band formed by current VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan (on guitar and vocals) after he left GUNS N' ROSES, will embark on a European tour in September. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Sep. 06 - Vittoria, SPA @ Azkena Festival,
Sep. 13 - Milan, ITA @ Rock Of Ages - A September To Remember Festival
Sep. 14 - Bristol, UK @ Academy
Sep. 15 - Liverpool, UK @ Academy 2
Sep. 16 - Sheffield, UK @ Academy 2
Sep. 18 - London, UK @ Islington Academy
Sep. 19 - Wolverhampton, UK @ Wulfrun Hall
Sep. 20 - Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
Sep. 21 - Newcastle, UK @ Sage Club
Sep. 22 - Glasgow, UK @ Garage
Sep. 23 - Inverness, UK @ Ironworks
Sep. 25 - Belfast, N. IRE @ Limelight
Sep. 26 - Dublin, IRE @ Academy

Support on the UK/Ireland portion of the trek will come from THE LOYALTIES.

In addition to McKagan, LOADED features drummer Geoff Reading (GREEN APPLE QUICK STEP), bassist Jeff Rouse (VENDETTA RED, ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE) and guitarist Mike Squires (ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE).

Poster here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98968

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »

From duff-loaded.com

Press Release: European Dates Sept '08

Posted on 06/13/2008

Velvet Revolver?s Duff McKagan is set to return to Europe with Duff McKagan?s Loaded.

The hard hitting Seattle fourpiece, fronted by the legendary Duff McKagan as vocalist and guitarist, are set to tour the UK for the first time?.

Debut album ?Dark Days?, released in 2001, shows a band at the height of their powers. From the ?kick in the head? of punked up ballsy album opener ?Seattlehead? to the epic and moody ?Criminal?, from the grunge swing of ?Wrap My Arms? to the introspective ?Dark Days?, the album showcases driving and melodic punk infused rock overlaid with McKagan?s unique and powerful vocals.

The band are currently in the studio working on material for a new studio album (release date tbc). The sessions are progressing well and they band already have three new tracks ready ? ?Forgive Me?, ?Sick? and ?No More?.

With Duff McKagan on Vocals and Guitar, the band is completed by Jeff Rouse on Bass, Mike Squires on Guitar and Geoff Reading on Drums.

Duff McKagan?s Loaded will be playing European dates. Full dates at time of going to press are as follows

Sat 6 Sep?Azkena Festival, Vittoria , Spain www.azkenarockfestival.com

Sat 13 Sep?Palasharp Festival, Milan , Italy

Sun 14 Sep?Bristol , Academy , UK 0844 477 2000

Mon 15 Sep?Liverpoo,l Academy , UK 0844 477 2000

Tue 16 Sep?Sheffield, Academy , UK 0844 477 2000

Thu 18 Sep?London, Islington Academy , UK 0844 477 2000

Sat 19 Sep?Wolverhampton, Wulfrun Hall , UK 0870 320 7000

Sun 20 Sep?Nottingham, Rock City , UK 08713 100 000

Mon 21 Sep?Gateshead, The Sage, UK 0191 443 4661

Tue 22 Sep?Glasgow, Garage , UK 08444 999 990

Thu 23 Sep?Inverness, Ironworks , UK 08444 999 990

Thu 25 Sep?Belfast , Limelight , Northern Ireland

Fri 26 Sep?Dublin , Academy, Eire

For UK and Eire dates tickets cost ?15 (?17.50 in London , ?17 in Glasgow , ?20 in Belfast and E25 in Dublin ) ? subject to booking fee. Tickets are available from local box office numbers, 24hr cc hotline 0844 576 5483 or online at www.livenation.co.uk. Doors are at 7pm and Duff McKagan?s Loaded will be onstage at 9pm. Support comes from The Loyalties (www.myspace.com/theloyalties)

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »

An interview with Duff in the Liverpool Echo...

When my pancreas exploded I knew I was killing myself

Jul 18 2008 Jade Wright

DUFF McKagan has stared death in the face, and he didn?t much like the look of it.

The Guns N? Roses bass player was on the brink of death in 1994 when his poisoned pancreas exploded from the effects of two litres of vodka a day.

He was 29 and he?d been on the road for two-and-a-half years of drink, drugs and debauchery.

"I was pretty much dead," explains Duff, 44, matter of factly. "I?d put my body through so much it couldn?t recover. I knew I was killing myself, but that had become my life.

"They say that the Use Your Illusion tour is still the longest tour a band has ever done. I don?t know, but it certainly felt like it.

"Two-and-a-half years is a long time not to go home, to be on the road filling your body with c**p. Two-and-a-half years is a long time to do anything. It?s a big chunk of your life."

Doctors told Duff that if he didn?t quit drinking, he would be dead within a month.

"I changed my life," he explains. "I had to. It was a simple decision by that point ? life or death.

"So I took up martial arts, started looking after myself. That saved my life. I wouldn?t be here otherwise."

Like the rest of the band, he talks like a veteran, a survivor, who battled rather than enjoyed the years on the road.

They rocked as hard as the best of them, and lived harder than most. After the drinking years, and the cocaine years, and Duff?s near death experiences, it's remarkable he?s still here, let alone preparing for another tour.

"You?d think I?d hate touring after all that, but I actually love being on the road," he explains. "I do it my way now, at my own pace. I choose where I go, I make sure I look after myself. I?m not a kid anymore. I?m a dad, I?ve got two little girls, so that?s my priority now."

Duff was in town in March with Velvet Revolver, his band with Guns N? Roses pals Slash and Matt Sorum.

This time he?s coming with Duff McKagan's Loaded, his own, punkier outfit.

"We played the university earlier this year and it was rocking," laughs Duff. "Those kids know how to party. They were hanging off the rafters, man. It was cool.

"I looked into their eyes and I saw myself as a kid, queuing up to buy tickets for shows, living for the next gig. It gave me the fire, you know, it made me feel that passion,

"So when they said we were doing a UK tour I said ?I don?t care where we play, but we?re playing Liverpool?. It was the only one I knew we had to do.

"Do you know, I think that was the first time I?ve played Liverpool. My memory is kind of fuzzy around the early 90s, but I don?t think we played there with G n R. We should have done. Man, we should have done."

Duff says his own band have a punkier, rawer feel than Guns N? Roses or Velvet Revolver.

"I grew up listening to punk and going to the punk clubs in Seattle," he says. "I was never really into rock. That just kind of happened, and I fell in love with it. But punk was always my first love, so my band has more of that feel.

"I think it?s a bit more English in its sound. I always loved bands like The Clash, those real pioneers

"I?m just hoping that gets the same reaction Velvet Revolver did. That would be awesome."

Duff McKagan's Loaded play Carling Academy Liverpool on Monday September 15

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:54:49 AM »

Just seen that Duff's Loaded band have lined up a date in Sheffield. Must be part of a UK tour? Has anyone else heard any news?

What are 'Loaded' like? Are they good?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »

Does anyone know whether Loaded are going to do a real European tour? A gig in Spain, a gig in Italy and dates in the British Isles does not a European tour make!
Tomek 1985
Headliner

..Resident Evil..

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 04:39:21 AM »

Exactly, i was wondering the same thing. This so-called European Tour is going to be far to short.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »

Rock Live with Duff McKagan

Gig details and your chance to support Duff at the gig
Rock Live with Duff McKagan

See Duff McKagan, former bassist with Guns N' Roses and lead singer and bassist with Velvet Revolver play live at The Garage, Glasgow on Monday 22nd September with Rock Radio in association with Rhythmbase ? Scotland?s Drum and Percussion Store.

Doors open at 7pm

Tickets are ?17.00 and available from TICKETWEB, CPL LIVE and in person at Ticket Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh) or on 08700 600 100.

Your chance to support Duff

All the Rock jocks will be at the gig along with a support act which could be YOU!

96.3 Rock Radio and Rhythmbase, Glasgow are giving your band the chance to warm up the 700-strong crowd.

If you and your band think you?ve got what it takes then simply post your demos into us here at Rock Radio or drop them off at the Rhythmbase store.

This will be a night to remember and you and your band could be part of it!

Rhythmbase ? Scotland?s Drum and Percussion Store is situated on 9 Commerce Street, Glasgow and was started by drummers for drummers. They have a vast selection of drum kits and percussion instruments on offer.

96.3 Rock Radio
PO Box 96
Parkway Court
Springhill Parkway
Glasgow
G69 1AR

COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY

Additional terms and conditions

Demos must be submitted in CD format with original material and contain at least three songs. Please also include any live dates prior to 12th September

The winning entrants only as chosen by Rhythmbase & 96.3 Rock Radio will be advised directly

All entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 12th September 2008

http://www.rockradioscotland.co.uk/rock_stuff/rock_live_with_duff_mckagan/

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »

Fucking great "European tour" indeed, it's like UK and two other countries. I should move to England, people down there always get this kind of sweets.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »

Apparently Loaded did a warm up gig at the Viper Room last Tuesday in preparation for the Euro tour.

Matt and Gilby guested, doing a version of "Dust N Bones" - Matt can be heard talking about it on last Saturday's Camp Freddy Radio which can be found about 1/3 of the way in here:

http://www.billymorrison.tv/BM_Media/Podcasts/06_09_08.mp3

Thanks go to Paul and www.billymorrison.net/weblog.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 11:06:11 AM »

^ Thanks Falcon

Duff McKagan & Gilby Clarke playing It's So Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCVYHiDPBsk

Loaded Queen Joanasophina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfj0H4j3q8

Loaded- Duff McKagan No more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKPO4zyVDw

Setlist:

Sick
Queen Joanasophina
IOU
No More
Seattlehead
Wasted Heart
Southern Girl
Sleaze Factory
Executioners Song
Good News
Dust N Bones
10 Years
Its So Easy
Like Dog
Attitude

Edit to add:

Matt says on CFR that he plays on It's So Easy also (you can't see him in that video).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:46:38 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

^ Thanks Falcon

The CFR is a good listen, lotsa good stories in general.  The VMA/Michael
Jackson/Vanguard stuff is priceless...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »

CFR is awesome, and loaded play down the road from me in 2 weeks  Grin

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Having a blast!
Current mood: inspired

Allright then! We are on day 5 of the europe/Uk tour and things have been beyond fantastic! The shows have been so much fun, thank you to everybody for coming out and sharing this experience with us. The connection we are having with you all is something we won't forget!

As for the show itself, we have started to venture into places we didn't expect to? Everynight before we go on, we put on music to get us fucking pumped up and ready to rock! Prince,QOTSA,Notorious B.I.G,whatever? On the first night of the tour, during "Dog" we just started throwin parts of songs we were listening into the breakdown. Mind you,we had never even attempted some of these? It was just a blast. Who know's if this will be a nightly thing, guess it just depends on the vibe?

We were going to be doing a daily blog here with pictures and other craziness, but the internet over here is a little hit and miss. So we will do what we can? Keep checking back!

Thanks again people! LOADED

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=244670230&blogID=433999245

Plus they have some new photos up on the site from the tour.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:05 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED: Footage From Italy's ROCK OF AGES Festival Available - Sep. 23, 2008

Italian news blog Musica Metal has uploaded video footage (see below) of DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED's performance at the first edition of the Rock Of Ages festival, which was held on September 13, 2008 in Milan, Italy.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105432

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »

We just want to thank EVERYONE for the amazing support on this tour (UK, Ireland,Italy, and Spain). Touring without a record yet out can be a risky business but you guys all showed up. Attendence was WAY better than expected and these are the things that fuel a band. We came home on a real high and we are excited about the future. Once again?thanks to you all!

LOADED

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: