Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407027 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1740 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »

According to an update from Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy will be touring with Slash until October when he tours with AB.

We are absolutely thrilled that Myles will be able to showcase his talent with one of the greatest and most influential guitarists in rock music today. After Myles finishes laying down the vocal tracks for our third album, he will join Slash for this tour and then will re-join us in time for our own planned tour of Europe in October. We support Myles 100% in his upcoming road adventures with Slash and we're looking forward to hearing his upcoming album.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Who wouldn't, Alter Bridge gets a shitload of publicity from this. Lucky guys.

yeah i never bothered listening to them. now, i just might. 

Tell us what you think!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1741 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:52 AM »

Regarding this interview that we couldn't see because it was set to private.

Metal Hammer Magazine will be going live with the interview on Thursday.  Then they will be adding a new video every Thursday after that for a few weeks.

I'll post the interview when they do.

Here's the interview:

Exclusive! Slash Talks About The New Album, ?Slash?

jamesgill / Uncategorized / 11/02/2010

Metal Hammer spoke to Slash about how the amazing new album came to be?

Slash?s debut solo album ?Slash? featuring high profile collaborators such as M Shadows, Cypress Hill and Fergie is out in the UK in May, but Classic Rock Presents is selling a very special Slash fanpack on the newsstands from April 7.

Video: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/uncategorized/exclusive-slash-talks-about-the-new-album-slash/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1742 on: February 11, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »

According to an update from Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy will be touring with Slash until October when he tours with AB.

We are absolutely thrilled that Myles will be able to showcase his talent with one of the greatest and most influential guitarists in rock music today. After Myles finishes laying down the vocal tracks for our third album, he will join Slash for this tour and then will re-join us in time for our own planned tour of Europe in October. We support Myles 100% in his upcoming road adventures with Slash and we're looking forward to hearing his upcoming album.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Tell us what you think!

Ok, im in work now so i cant at the moment.  Any songs i should listen to in particular?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1743 on: February 11, 2010, 09:06:36 AM »

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Tell us what you think!

Ok, im in work now so i cant at the moment.  Any songs i should listen to in particular?

The only song I know of theirs is Metalingus (the wrestler Edge uses it as his entrance music) which is pretty good.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1744 on: February 11, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »

It's a good interview.  He says that the Fergie track has a stripper beat to it -- so I guess it works for her.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1745 on: February 11, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »

I think that was just a running title as that is essentially what the album is. I don't think it was ever official.
That makes sence I thought "Slash N Friends" though sounded alot cooler.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #1746 on: February 11, 2010, 02:33:03 PM »

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Tell us what you think!

"Open Your Eyes" , "Metalingus" , "Down To My Last" , "Buried Alive" , "Blackbird" , and "Watch Over You"
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1747 on: February 11, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

I think that was just a running title as that is essentially what the album is. I don't think it was ever official.

... or he found out that they weren't his real friends at all Wink

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1748 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:25 AM »

... or he found out that they weren't his real friends at all Wink

hihi Yeah, "Slash and People My Manager Introduced Me To" just didn't have the same ring to it  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1749 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

how about "Slash and people i have met whilst working in the music industry between the years of 1985 - present and i have always wanted to record a track with but haven't had the time until now!"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1750 on: February 12, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »

how about "Slash and people i have met whilst working in the music industry between the years of 1985 - present and i have always wanted to record a track with but haven't had the time until now!"
too long
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1751 on: February 12, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »

It was just a joke, I'm not hating on Slash

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1752 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

yeah i got that, i was just kidding too  hihi 
Your joke was funny, mine just lowered the standard hehehe!

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1753 on: February 12, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

yeah i got that, i was just kidding too  hihi 
Your joke was funny, mine just lowered the standard hehehe!
Yeah but still it was funny hihi hihi hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1754 on: February 16, 2010, 01:13:32 PM »

Video Interview

Slash ? "Like the darker side of American Idol, you'd want something that's really fantastic with this contest"

Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:53:00

Slash, legendary Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver guitarist, talks Martin Scorsese flicks to ARTISTdirect.com editor and Dolor Rick Florino in this exclusive interview and compares his own solo album to "History of the World Pt. 2"?

Interview: Slash ? "Like the darker side of American Idol, you'd want something that's really fantastic with this contest"
In this exclusive interview, Slash shares his favorite movies with ARTISTdirect.com editor and Dolor author Rick Florino. The iconic Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver guitarist happens to be a big Martin Scorsese fan, and he can't wait to see Shutter Island! He also dives deep into making of his solo album for us, and he explains how he's crafting "the darker side of American Idol" with his Guitar Center contest in an effort to find something that's, of course, "fucking fantastic."

If you want Slash to be behind the board on your album, enter the Guitar Center contest, but be sure to check out his solo album first due out April 6, 2010. With everyone from Ozzy Osbourne and Iggy Pop to Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows and Fergie making guest appearances, it's one of the best rock records of 2010, and it showcases some of Slash's most incendiary and explosive playing since Appetite for Destruction?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHiwwe0JxEk

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-slash-like-the-darker-side-of-american-idol-you-d-want-something-that-s-really-fantastic-with-this-contest/6486423

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1755 on: February 17, 2010, 03:33:57 AM »

We recorded a killer last minute addition to the record with Myles Kennedy last weekend!

From Slash!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1756 on: February 17, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »

Having a private listening party for my record tonight at the Capitol Records building.

about 1 hours ago from Facebook

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1757 on: February 19, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »

Slash on Recording With Ozzy and Lemmy, Plans for Summer Tour

2/19/10, 4:20 pm EST

Slash spent more time navigating red tape than laying down guitar lines for his self-titled solo disc, due in stores this April. ?It took four months to make the record,? he says. ?I had to write all the material then I had to make demos to send to all the singers. And then the thing that made it take the longest was getting releases from all the different artists? record companies.? But the paperwork was well worth the effort since he got to settle into the studio with two of his heroes: Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy Kilmister.

?Sitting next to Ozzy while he?s writing lyrics and practicing the vocal is really fuckin? a trip,? Slash says, explaining that Osbourne recorded his vocal parts at his own house. ?I?ve been listening to Ozzy since I was like 13 years old.? Slash calls Lemmy ?the embodiment of rock & roll? and adds, ?Before we went into the studio I got a call from his guy saying, ?OK, so we need potato chips and we need Jack Daniels, and it just reminded me of myself. And he came down with his bass and it was great.?

The disc also features Iggy Pop, Kid Rock, Adam Levine and the Black Eyed Peas? Fergie, who Slash recently teamed with at Clive Davis? Grammy party. ?I think people are gonna trip when they hear do the stuff that Fergie is capable of doing,? he says. ?I really wanted to do something with her so people could hear what her rock chops are like.?

Slash is currently assembling a rhythm section for his summer tour, but he?s hired Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy to handle the vocals. ?He can sing anything,? says Slash. ?It?s songs off this record and songs from Velvet Revolver and songs from Guns n? Roses and Snakepit and his band. It?ll be a really cool show.? So will fans be permitted to don Axl Rose T-shirts at Slash?s solo gigs? (A rumor that Rose vehemently denies claimed Slash-wear was banned from Guns n? Roses shows.) ?Yes, go ahead!?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/02/19/slash-on-recording-with-ozzy-and-lemmy-plans-for-summer-tour/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1758 on: February 19, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »

SlashHudson - Hosting a party at tao in vegas starts at 12am. I will put the 1st 10 peeps that tweet me back on the guest list! 21 n over !
about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter

SlashHudson - Will be playing a few songs off my new record tonight at tao too! Come on 1st 10 that tweet me back get in. U have to be in vegas too...

SlashHudson - I'm not physically playing the songs tonight. The dj is pinning them into the set guys!
half a minute ago from UberTwitter

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1759 on: February 19, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »

SlashHudson - Hosting a party at tao in vegas starts at 12am. I will put the 1st 10 peeps that tweet me back on the guest list! 21 n over !

SlashHudson - Will be playing a few songs off my new record tonight at tao too! Come on 1st 10 that tweet me back get in. U have to be in vegas too...

SlashHudson - I'm not physically playing the songs tonight. The dj is pinning them into the set guys!
half a minute ago from UberTwitter

Pretty cool!  I bet Jim Bob is preparing for meeting Slash at this very moment.....  Jim, leave the brass knuckles at home, hahaha, kidding.  Sounds pretty cool..
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: