Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407257 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1700 on: February 02, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

So the release dates so far are, if I have this correct:

Japan (Universal) - March 24

U.S. (EMI) - April 6

U.K. (Classic Rock Special Edition) - April 7

U.K. (Roadrunner) - May 10th

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1701 on: February 02, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

So it looks like the Adler/Flea track didn't make the album.  Sad

Steven Adler must be seriously disappointed.  He was so excited to be playing on the album.  And yes, I know it will be a bonus track.

zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #1702 on: February 02, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »

So the release dates so far are, if I have this correct:

Japan (Universal) - March 24

U.S. (EMI) - April 6

U.K. (Classic Rock Special Edition) - April 7

U.K. (Roadrunner) - May 10th

I'm assuming it will be released in Canada as well ? Probably the same date as in U.S. , right ?

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1703 on: February 02, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »

Steven Adler must be seriously disappointed.  He was so excited to be playing on the album.  And yes, I know it will be a bonus track.

That does suck, what a dick head move....honestly why leave him off???...maybe fears Steves mom suing for extra royalties?.....like what Axl was saying about working with Steve in the online chats?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1704 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26:06 AM »

That does suck, what a dick head move....honestly why leave him off???...maybe fears Steves mom suing for extra royalties?.....like what Axl was saying about working with Steve in the online chats?

i was seriosly looking forward to the track with steven, Flea and Slash.  3 quality musicians.
That said, i disagree that its a dick move.  He obviously had to leave some tracks off and the label might have pressured him to remove this one for whatever reason.  (we don't know).
I just hope its not a similar situatuation to messages.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1705 on: February 03, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »

i was seriosly looking forward to the track with steven, Flea and Slash.  3 quality musicians.
That said, i disagree that its a dick move.  He obviously had to leave some tracks off and the label might have pressured him to remove this one for whatever reason.  (we don't know).

I don't know.. either thers legal troubles or it must just be a seriuosly fucking SHIT track.. cos now it cant be sold as have 4 of the 5 oiginal gunners AND flea, both big selling points.. And he's screwin steven over..

i wish slash would answer my tweet about poaching myles kennedy for VR
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1706 on: February 03, 2010, 06:19:13 AM »

I don't know.. either thers legal troubles or it must just be a seriuosly fucking SHIT track.. cos now it cant be sold as have 4 of the 5 oiginal gunners AND flea, both big selling points.. And he's screwin steven over..

I really doubt that its shit, i mean cmon, Slash, Flea and Popcorn Adler!  How could that be shit lol.

I don't think he is screwing Steven over though.  The track will still see the light of day in some format im sure.
There must be some reason for not including it. 

i might just tweet Slash and ask. and join the queue

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1707 on: February 03, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »

Here's the Classic Rock cover:

SLASH: U.K. 'Fan Pack' Detailed - Feb. 3, 2010

Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) will release his first true solo album, simply entitled "Slash", in North America in April via EMI Label Services and in the U.K. on May 10 through Roadrunner Records. The album features an all-star roster of guest musicians, including Ian Astbury, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Fergie, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmister, Adam Levine of MAROON 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, and Andrew Stockdale of WOLFMOTHER.

The track listing is as follows (guest vocalists in parenthesis):

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury, feat. Izzy Stradlin) (3:34)
02. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne) (4:04)
03. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie) (4:35)
04. Promise (Chris Cornell) (4:41)
05. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale) (4:50)
06. Gotten (Adam Levine) (5:05)
07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy) (3:07)
08. Watch This Dave (Dave Grohl, Duff McKagan) (3:46)
09. I Hold On (Kid Rock) (4:10)
10. Nothing To Say (M. Shadows) (5:27)
11. Starlight (Myles Kennedy) (5:35)
12. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca) (3:28)
13. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop) (4:30)

Bonus tracks:

14. Baby Can't Drive (Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger)
15. Paradise City (Fergie, Cypress Hill)

The Ron English artwork for the CD can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134469

Lou
Rocker

« Reply #1708 on: February 03, 2010, 08:31:38 AM »

I'm really looking forward to hearing the track with Lemmy  Smiley

...and the Alice Cooper one... Looks like I'll have to treat myself to the fan pack... Wink

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1709 on: February 03, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »

I really doubt that its shit, i mean cmon, Slash, Flea and Popcorn Adler!  How could that be shit lol.

I don't think he is screwing Steven over though.  The track will still see the light of day in some format im sure.
There must be some reason for not including it. 

i might just tweet Slash and ask. and join the queue

It could be that it's a massive track, and they are going to do something really special with it. LOL @ "Dick Move" Gimme a break!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1710 on: February 03, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

finally really listened to that beth hart song, it's ok but i'm glad it's not going to be on the record, can't wait to hear the studio version of by the sword, that riff is fkn groovy
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1711 on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »

From Slash's MySpace album announcement:

February 1, 2010 - Monday

Slash, The Self Titled Album: Track Listing and Artwork Revealed

Finally, here is the press announcement on my new record listing all the vocalists etc.

There are killer additional tracks featuring Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger, Flea, Steven Adler, Nick Oliveri, Beth Hart, Cypress Hill, Fergie & Koshi Inaba that will be released simultaneously with the record in different formats & territories.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=527980441

Why Fergie she sucks. And Rock N' Roll is not her element no matter how hard she trys to make it her own.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1712 on: February 03, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »

finally really listened to that beth hart song, it's ok but i'm glad it's not going to be on the record, can't wait to hear the studio version of by the sword, that riff is fkn groovy

I just saw that Andrew Stockdale has posted this live video of "By The Sword":

Great footage of 'By The Sword" with Slash!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46JNrrohHf4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46JNrrohHf4

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1713 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

I dont think thats the case - I think the artists mentioned there are contributing vocals - so I still think the track him and Flea on is one of those tracks

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1714 on: February 03, 2010, 04:35:51 PM »

its probably one of those tracks that you can only get from buying the album off of itunes. like VR's libertad, you buy it off itunes and you also get messages and psycho something, can't remember the name.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1715 on: February 03, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »

I dont think thats the case - I think the artists mentioned there are contributing vocals - so I still think the track him and Flea on is one of those tracks

No, Slash said that one of the bonus tracks is going to have Flea and Steven. Also - the Dave Grohl/Duff track is an instrumental.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1716 on: February 03, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »

It will be a bonus track, it's not on the album.

From Slash:

There are killer additional tracks featuring Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger, Flea, Steven Adler, Nick Oliveri, Beth Hart, Cypress Hill, Fergie & Koshi Inaba that will be released simultaneously with the record in different formats & territories.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=527980441

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1717 on: February 03, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »

I just saw that Andrew Stockdale has posted this live video of "By The Sword":

Great footage of 'By The Sword" with Slash!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46JNrrohHf4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46JNrrohHf4

I love this song, and can't wait to hear the studio version. That riff is just killer and really catchy, and I love the way the solo builds. I also think the vocals are going to sound really good on this song.

I saw that video a while back, but as far as quality from both times the song was performed I think this one was the best in terms of audio quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLV_EcUvhtw
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1718 on: February 03, 2010, 06:37:16 PM »

If all the songs are of the quality of "By The Sword" this album is gonna be great!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1719 on: February 04, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »

Ozzy's song is tentatively titled "Crucify Me Again".

Although the track was initially slated to be the first single from Slash's record, due to legal issues The Pulse of Radio hears that a song featuring AVENGED SEVENFOLD's M. Shadows on vocals, titled "Nothing To Say", may now be the first one headed to rock radio stations.

I'd rather see it be the Myles Kennedy track.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: