Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407263 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1660 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »

Eddie Trunk himself is more a pop Metal guy anyway.  I like Eddie, but he isn't someone I would base my hope of the album off of.  I think the Marc Canter comments were very intriguing as well.
I wouldn't say that.  He does love Kiss, but his favorite band is UFO and he loves a lot of hard, heavy, lesser known bands.  He said he was real surprised that he actually liked the Fergie track.  He didn't expect to.  I don't doubt that song might have the best hook.  She's got a good voice and has obviously had some success at hooking in listeners with the Black Eyed Peas and her solo stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1661 on: January 25, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »

Eddie Trunk himself is more a pop Metal guy anyway.  I like Eddie, but he isn't someone I would base my hope of the album off of.  I think the Marc Canter comments were very intriguing as well.
I wouldn't say that.  He does love Kiss, but his favorite band is UFO and he loves a lot of hard, heavy, lesser known bands.  He said he was real surprised that he actually liked the Fergie track.  He didn't expect to.  I don't doubt that song might have the best hook.  She's got a good voice and has obviously had some success at hooking in listeners with the Black Eyed Peas and her solo stuff.

I love Fergie... Also Eddie is a huge Tesla fan that I also love and UFO is amazing... Rarely does he say anything bad about anyone, he is just a good guy.  Oh, and a huge Dio fan as well.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1662 on: January 26, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »

@PerlaFHudson U've said before VR wasnt best guitar work, im sure u've heard slash's solo album. His best work to date in your opinion?

From Perla:

@gfkakoko oh this is by far! Wait till u hear it! It'll knock your socks off!

about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter in reply to gfkakoko

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1663 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »

Im loving the feedback that people are giving so far.  I hope they're all right!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1664 on: January 27, 2010, 02:38:41 PM »

@PerlaFHudson U've said before VR wasnt best guitar work, im sure u've heard slash's solo album. His best work to date in your opinion?

From Perla:

@gfkakoko oh this is by far! Wait till u hear it! It'll knock your socks off!

about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter in reply to gfkakoko

Thats supprising to hear form her since she did not like the orriginal VR work Slash has done. Its also refreashing to see that she does like it. It makes me more excited for this album.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1665 on: January 27, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

Im sure the album will be awesome but it isn't like Perla's gonna say the album is a piece of shit either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1666 on: January 27, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »

Im sure the album will be awesome but it isn't like Perla's gonna say the album is a piece of shit either.
Yeah, especially since it's Slash SOLO.  She could bag on VR and get away with it by passing off fault to others in the group.  Even if she was critical of Slash's playing in VR, she could always use the group was holding him back approach.  No such luck in a solo effort.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1667 on: January 28, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »

Yeah, Perla's probably the last person to have an objective opinion.
Well, I don't trust anybody else's opinion but mine anyway, so I guess I'll have to wait till release. Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1668 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »

Yeah, especially since it's Slash SOLO.  She could bag on VR and get away with it by passing off fault to others in the group.  Even if she was critical of Slash's playing in VR, she could always use the group was holding him back approach.  No such luck in a solo effort.
But I dont recall that the case ever I think she blamed everyone in the group including Slash.

Perla seems to be the kind of person who speaks her mind so thats why it makes me more excited.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1669 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »

I'm excited because i know that slash have written some great songs in the past and i really like at least half of the singers/performers on it,

what people close to him or people kissing his ass are saying about it.. uhm yeah i don't think i really can trust it + my taste could differ a lot compared to theirs.. so i'll just let it leak and i'll see for myself
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1670 on: January 29, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »

But I dont recall that the case ever I think she blamed everyone in the group including Slash.

Perla seems to be the kind of person who speaks her mind so thats why it makes me more excited.

Joe
I could be wrong but I don't think she ever really defined why she thought it "wasn't Slash's best work".  Was it Slash's fault in her eyes or was it the group dynamic that was holding him back?  From what I've heard, she didn't really expand.  But I would tend to believe the latter.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1671 on: January 30, 2010, 12:07:27 AM »

I could be wrong but I don't think she ever really defined why she thought it "wasn't Slash's best work".  Was it Slash's fault in her eyes or was it the group dynamic that was holding him back?  From what I've heard, she didn't really expand.  But I would tend to believe the latter.

I would tend to think it was the latter too. We already know what Slash is capable of. The kind of music put out by a musician is directly influenced by the inspiration he can draw from the people he plays with and the music laid out on the tracks. Take Michael Schenker for example. Some of his best riffs / songs were with UFO. His solos and style has changed a lot since he left.  He's also mentioned in interviews that he doesn't have any particular 'formula' for coming up with solos, he just plays off what he hears in the studio and during jam sessions.

It's also probably why we'll never hear another 'Sweet Child O' Mine' or 'Estranged' and those expecting the same kind of music now are probably missing this point.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1672 on: January 30, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »

I just think its unfair to hold an artist up to certain things though... Saying VR wasn't his best work can sound like a slight until u realize what its compared against... U against AFD and UYI's 99 percent of people's work isn't that great.

What people refuse to acknowledge or don't want to understand is, VR weren't trying to change the planet. They were about making awesome kick ass rock n roll......... so they did it without overthinking or taking too much time with it and CB is fucking RAW and awesome.

Libertad was an artsy Weiland record and I like it but it doesn't hold up at all.

Its just ridiculous to me.. it would be like someone saying.. fuck that Jimmy Page hasn't done shit in 30 years....... And? dude's legacy can't be touched regardless.

i don't buy into the "what have u done for me lately" bullshit. If Slash or Page, or Perry or whoever else never writes another song.. they've done more than most ever could dream of.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1673 on: January 30, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »

I personally liked VR, but I could see where Perla was coming from in a way.  I always felt Slash was underutilized in VR.  There wasn't enough of him.  Not enough killer solos and riffs for my taste.  Obviously that probably had to do with what direction the band wanted to go in.  Now on Slash's solo album he has free reign, so there's no excuses on this one.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1674 on: January 30, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »

I personally liked VR, but I could see where Perla was coming from in a way.  I always felt Slash was underutilized in VR.  There wasn't enough of him.  Not enough killer solos and riffs for my taste.  Obviously that probably had to do with what direction the band wanted to go in.  Now on Slash's solo album he has free reign, so there's no excuses on this one.

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment on Libertad about being under utilized but CB is full of kick ass riffs and solos. You Got No Right is still one of the best things ever done by anyone in the GNR fraternity. Still can't believe that wasn't a single.

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1675 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »

You Got No Right is still one of the best things ever done by anyone in the GNR fraternity. Still can't believe that wasn't a single.

Yea it is great. I just listened to it the other night and Slash has a great solo on that one.   

The thing with VR is that it wasn't just all about Slash.    I think Scott and Duff brought just as much to the band as Slash, YGNR beign an example of that. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1676 on: February 01, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »

OZZY OSBOURNE Talks About His Contribution To SLASH's Solo Album - Feb. 1, 2010

Although Ozzy Osbourne has been hard at work on his own new solo album for much of the past year, the Prince of Darkness did find time to contribute vocals to a song on the upcoming debut solo effort from ex-GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash. Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio how the collaboration came about. "Slash is a real good friend," he said. "He's a lovely, lovely man and his family's great as well. And he phoned me up and he says, 'I'm doing an album, would you be prepared to do ? sing on it?' So he sent the tape over and I put a vocal on it and did some lyrics. It was kind of like an '80s vibe and I thought, 'He ain't gonna like this.' He loves it."

Ozzy's song is tentatively titled "Crucify Me Again".

Although the track was initially slated to be the first single from Slash's record, due to legal issues The Pulse of Radio hears that a song featuring AVENGED SEVENFOLD's M. Shadows on vocals, titled "Nothing To Say", may now be the first one headed to rock radio stations.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134370

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1677 on: February 01, 2010, 03:03:16 PM »

SLASH: Solo Album Artwork, Track Listing Revealed - Feb. 1, 2010

Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) will release his first true solo album, simply entitled "Slash", in North America in April via EMI Label Services.

"We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Slash on the 'Slash' project. EMI Label Services and Caroline Distribution will be providing unique marketing and promotion services while working closely with Slash on creative ways to expose this great project to the consumer," said Dominic Pandiscia, SVP and General Manager, EMI Label Services and Caroline Distribution.

Ultimate Guitar has exclusively revealed the new album's artwork. Check it out below.

"Slash" track listing (guest vocalist listed in parenthesis):

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury)
02. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie)
03. Nothing To Say (M. Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
04. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne)
05. Promise (Chris Cornell)
06. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale of WOLFMOTHER)
07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy Kilmeister)
08. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca)
09. Watch This (Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan)
10. I Hold On (Kid Rock)
11. Gotten (Adam Levine)
12. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop)
13. Starlight (Myles Kennedy)

"Slash" was produced by Eric Valentine (QUEENS OF STONE AGE, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS) and was completed with the rhythm section of bassist Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION) and drummer Josh Freese (NINE INCH NAILS). Slash handled the majority of arranging and songwriting duties and hand-picked each guest artist. The album's guests worked collaboratively with Slash to round out the song.

"The idea was really simple in the beginning," said Slash. "These are all artists I wanted to work with ? that I thought it would be amazing to do something creative and collaborative. And I was so impressed with what everyone brought to the table. They were all so committed to doing a good job. And we had a lot of fun making these songs."

Slash has teamed up with Guitar Center, the world's largest musical instrument retailer, for a first-of-its kind undiscovered music program: Guitar Center Presents Your Next Record with Slash, an unsigned band competition that provides emerging artists the chance to win the ultimate career-altering opportunity: record a three-song EP with legendary producer Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES, M?TLEY CR?E, MEGADETH) and have Slash write, record and perform on the winning artist's single. Starting today through April 30, 2010 bands across the United States are invited to submit their music at YourNextRecord.com for a chance to win.

Artwork: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134382

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1678 on: February 01, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »

Has the Izzy/Steven/Flea track been scrapped??......  Cry
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1679 on: February 01, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »

Has the Izzy/Steven/Flea track been scrapped??......  Cry

Yeah, and where is the Alice Cooper track?

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: