Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408005 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1600 on: January 14, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

Shit, i got some cash, ill tell Slash i'll donate a grand if he can somehow do Coma in its entirety with a singer who can do it justice.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1601 on: January 14, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »

Hmm, if this issue of Classic Rock is a special edition, I'm not sure subscribers will get it. I might have to go and physically buy it! Shocked

I guess 15 quid isn't too bad for a magazine and a new album....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1602 on: January 15, 2010, 07:40:40 AM »

Shit, i got some cash, ill tell Slash i'll donate a grand if he can somehow do Coma in its entirety with a singer who can do it justice.
biggest problem is, no singer would do it justice
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1603 on: January 15, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »

Hmm, if this issue of Classic Rock is a special edition, I'm not sure subscribers will get it. I might have to go and physically buy it! Shocked

Just be happy you live in the UK.

I'm from the States and Classic Rock won't ship here.
I'm going to have to buy one from ebay, and you know it's going to cost me an arm and a leg.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1604 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »

I'm going to have to buy one from ebay, and you know it's going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Is the special edition not going to be sold in stores in the US?  They carry the regular monthly editions at Borders.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1605 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »

Is the special edition not going to be sold in stores in the US?  They carry the regular monthly editions at Borders.

It's a UK release through Roadrunner Records UK.

Roadrunner Records, have announced an innovative new music distribution model for the UK release of legendary guitarist Slash's self-titled debut solo album.

The partnership ensures that Slash's new album is available through over 4000 UK retailers that stock Classic Rock

His page @ Roadrunner:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/artist/Slash

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1606 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:50 PM »

Thanks! I did not know that.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1607 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »

We have another confirmed singer I have yet to see mentioned yet. He apparently won't be on the U.S release, but Nick Oliveri (used to be in Queens of the Stone Age) apparently did a song for the album called "Chains and Shackles".

Here is a section of an interview he did with Ultimate Guitar in which he was asked about his experience playing with Slash.

Slash was really impressed with Songs For the Deaf ? did you talk to him about this album or about QotSA in general?

No, we didn?t speak too much about QOTSA.

Talk about working with Slash on ?Chains and Shackles? track?

Very nervous for me. I didn?t do so well whenever Slash was in the room. But whenever he would walk out of the room it was magic. You have to know I listened to Slash's old band quite a bit in the early days so Iwas very nervous. He has really got a great record here.

This song will be released on an Australian version of the album?

Yeah; I maybe in Japan too.

What was it like working with Slash?

A real honor.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1608 on: January 16, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »

^he's been mentioned, didn't know he was a singer though, only thought he was a bassist and guitarist, will check his voice out smoking
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:59 AM »

Thanks to Kiki for posting this interview with Steven Ader in the Ex-Gunners section, this part is about Slash's album:

You also record a song with Slash for his upcoming solo album, are you satisfied with the result and what kinda song can we expect?

It was with Slash, Flea and a singer that you all know. I will let Slash announce who it is. It is a great Rock N' Roll song. It was good for us three to be playing together. Slash, Flea and I grew up in the same three block area. It was amazing to get together.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:27:06 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1610 on: January 17, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

In this interview at NAMM, the guy from Marshall says that Slash's album will be released on April 6th.  Up until now I thought Slash has just said "April"...

@ 2:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Vr9TG1pOA

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:27:18 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1611 on: January 17, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »

Release Date for Slash's Debut Solo Album Revealed at NAMM

The man born Saul Hudson's highly anticipated debut solo album Slash & Friends--reportedly featuring "four of the five original members of Guns N' Roses: Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler and Duff McKagan--will be out April 6, confirming rumors.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/breaking-news/slash-solo-album-release-date-namm/

From Slash when asked about the date:

That is the release date as it stands right now.

about 3 hours ago from web in reply to snak3pit4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1612 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:14 AM »

SLASH: Solo Album Release Date Announced - Jan. 18, 2010

During VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash's appearance at the Marshall booth at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show on Saturday (January 16), it was announced that his debut solo album, "Slash", will be released in the U.S. on April 6. The CD will be made available in Europe via Roadrunner Records.

"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner ? the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution, the standard album release will be preceded by a "Fan Pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable, 132-page special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.

The partnership is a first for music and media industries, marking the first-time a major new album has been released this way. The partnership ensures that Slash's new album is available through over 4,000 U.K. retailers that stock Classic Rock ? sidestepping the issue of dwindling high street music outlets and top 20 only stocking in supermarkets. Classic Rock is one of the U.K.'s biggest rock music magazines and this year recorded its eighth consecutive circulation increase, the only paid-for music magazine to grow.

The Slash "Fan Pack" featuring his debut solo album from Roadrunner Records, along with a 132-page "Classic Rock Presents: Slash" special will have a cover price of ?14.99.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133583

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1613 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »

I want definitely that "Fan Pack".  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1614 on: January 19, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »

SLASH's Solo Album To Receive Japanese Release In March - Jan. 19, 2010

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash's debut solo album, "Slash", will be released in Japan on March 24 via Universal Music. A special edition of the CD will include a bonus DVD featuring making-of-the-album footage and a free poster in the first pressing.

"Slash" is scheduled for release in the U.S. on April 6. The CD will be made available in Europe via Roadrunner Records.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133674

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/slash/

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:07:10 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #1615 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »

SLASH's Solo Album To Receive Japanese Release In March - Jan. 19, 2010

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash's debut solo album, "Slash", will be released in Japan on March 24 via Universal Music. A special edition of the CD will include a bonus DVD featuring making-of-the-album footage and a free poster in the first pressing.

"Slash" is scheduled for release in the U.S. on April 6. The CD will be made available in Europe via Roadrunner Records.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133674

This is what i mean about the japs gettin more  rant i wish i was japenese sometimes lol

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1616 on: January 19, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »

New song "Mother Maria" listen at the link:

I donated a song I wrote with Beth Hart to ?Donate to Download for Haiti.? Get the album (and donate) here: http://www.musicforrelief.org/

1 minute ago from web

"We're encouraging people to give what they can," Slash said in a statement. "There's no right or wrong amount. The people of Haiti are in desperate need of food, fresh water, shelter and medical supplies and every little bit helps."

The organization's Web site says that 100 percent of funds received will support those affected by the earthquake in Haiti, and that funds will be divided equally among the rapid response efforts of the United Nations Foundation, the long-term,sustainable rebuilding of homes with Habitat for Humanity, and Dave Matthews Band's BAMA Works Haitian relief efforts. Fans can determine how much they want to donate for each download.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1629979/20100119/linkin_park.jhtml

Artists associated with the campaign will appear on CNN?s ?Larry King Live? on Tuesday, January 19 to discuss the project.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:08:55 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1617 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »

nice guitar work by the man on this song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1618 on: January 19, 2010, 05:28:09 PM »

Great track  beer

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1619 on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »

New song "Mother Maria" listen at the link:

I donated a song I wrote with Beth Hart to ?Donate to Download for Haiti.? Get the album (and donate) here: http://www.musicforrelief.org/

1 minute ago from web

"We're encouraging people to give what they can," Slash said in a statement. "There's no right or wrong amount. The people of Haiti are in desperate need of food, fresh water, shelter and medical supplies and every little bit helps."

The organization's Web site says that 100 percent of funds received will support those affected by the earthquake in Haiti, and that funds will be divided equally among the rapid response efforts of the United Nations Foundation, the long-term,sustainable rebuilding of homes with Habitat for Humanity, and Dave Matthews Band's BAMA Works Haitian relief efforts. Fans can determine how much they want to donate for each download.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1629979/20100119/linkin_park.jhtml

Artists associated with the campaign will appear on CNN?s ?Larry King Live? on Tuesday, January 19 to discuss the project.

Is this song going to be on the album?  Its really cool.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: