Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428056 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1500 on: December 04, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »

Hopefully take John Bonham for the drum seat

Or Keith Moon perhaps. Tongue Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #1501 on: December 05, 2009, 03:57:58 AM »

Hopefully take John Bonham for the drum seat

Or Keith Moon perhaps. Tongue Grin

Sorry, meant Jason Bonham obviously  Cool

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1502 on: December 05, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »

im sure it isn't gonna be a huge stadium or arena tour

probably smallerish arenas etc. clubs

Absolutely. I would think 1500-2000 people on a theater tour type of venue would be realistic for him if he promotes the crap out of his album.

I also expect there to be just a standard house band with someone like Franky performing all vocals short of the big market where he may get a singer off his album to show up for a song or 2 guest spot.

One thing I hope for on a Slash tour though is lots of setlist variety. He has a huge catalog of things to pull from from his stuff with GNR, Snakepit, VR and a solo album that will have 18 or so songs on it. Not to mention he loves cover songs so you can always count on one or 2 totally unrelated ones.

i could see a house band w frankie on vocals; special guest musicians adler, duff, izzy, maybe others; and whatever singers that are his friends, or appear on the album that don't have other commitments; given the number of different singers that appear on the album, he could probably pull off 3-4 different guest singers per stop.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1503 on: December 05, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

Does anyone know how I can get Slash's new version of Paradise City with Fergie?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1504 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »

Does anyone know how I can get Slash's new version of Paradise City with Fergie?
Do yourself a favor and don't bother.   hihi

All joking aside, the single it was on was a Japan only release so I'd say try e-bay or something along those lines.  You'll probably have to pay a pretty penny for it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1505 on: December 06, 2009, 12:43:52 PM »

SlashHudson - South America is a definite destination for my tour next year, I promise you. http://bit.ly/6QbstU
8 minutes ago from Facebook

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1506 on: December 07, 2009, 02:26:49 PM »

grrrr

NOBODY ever mentions EUROPE!

rant

We?re not THAT small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoking

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1507 on: December 09, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »

Just realized I put this in the wrong thread.  Cheesy

Slash  We picked a mastering engineer yesterday, someone I've used for years. Test tracks sound fantastic. We start the process next week.

about an hour ago

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1508 on: December 11, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »

Slash - New Distribution Model For Solo Album

In a revolutionary move, Future and Roadrunner Records will create the first-ever "Fan Pack" release - giving UK fans the world premiere of the Slash album before it receives a standard release elsewhere. The Fan Pack comes with its own collectable issue of Future's Classic Rock Magazine - Classic Rock Presents: Slash - a 132-page Slash special bringing the album and his successful career into context, with new features from leading music journalists and exclusive input from Slash himself.

The partnership is a first for music and media industries, marking the first-time a major new album has been released this way. The partnership ensures that Slash's new album is available through over 4000 UK retailers that stock Classic Rock - sidestepping the issue of dwindling high street music outlets and top 20 only stocking in supermarkets. Classic Rock is one of the UK's biggest rock music magazines and this year recorded its 8th consecutive circulation increase, the only paid-for music magazine to grow.

Mark Palmer, Managing Director of Roadrunner Records UK, said:

"While the past few years have seen the unrelenting rise of Classic Rock in a troubled magazine market, it has also witnessed the gradual disintegration of High Street record retailers. By partnering with Future to release the Slash "Fan Pack" we are able to make widely-available a quality product for those consumers that have a real passion and interest not just in Slash's new music, but also every facet of his amazing career to date."

Chris Ingham, Group Publisher of Future's Classic Rock and Metal Hammer, added:

"We are delighted to be working with Roadrunner Records and one of the world's greatest rock stars on this innovative new distribution model. By partnering with Classic Rock, we can support Roadrunner's UK efforts to promote the album - there are many challenges in getting quality music to real enthusiasts, and the Fan Pack is a pioneering attempt at redressing the challenges of retail against digital distribution. By seeing the potential of the new format, Roadrunner Records are putting Slash's music directly into the hands of rock enthusiasts who will champion it and develop positive buzz ahead of its standard global release."

The Slash Fan Pack - packing his debut solo album from Roadrunner Records, with its very own 132-page Classic Rock Presents: Slash special goes on sale in Spring 2009, with a coverprice of ?14.99.

http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_news/Slash_Innovative_Distribution_Model_For_Solo_Album-8482/2

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1509 on: December 12, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »

That could have been interesting...

@SlashHudson Vocals on yur album are ppl you have worked w/ b4 right?Ozzy,etc.Just wondering if yu had ever thought of MJ to be one of them.

From Slash:

@crazyguitaristx. The thought crossed my mind, but I never pursued it.

about 13 hours ago   from UberTwitter  in reply to crazyguitaristx

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1510 on: December 12, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »

Wow, could you imagine the hype the album would have gotten if he had a Michael Jackson track on there?
Slash should've definitely pursued that!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1511 on: December 12, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »

Saw this update yesterday at the lick library website. A small tidbit about the Slash/M. Shadows song (which I am looking forward to).

Slash, lover of Facebook and guitar legend to millions, is still working hard on the final stages of his album, updating his facebook earlier this week he said, ?We picked a mastering engineer yesterday, someone I've used for years. Test tracks sound fantastic. We start the process next week.?

Slash and Avenged Sevenfold Manager Larry Jacobson previous updated his twitter after receiving a ?cd of a few new songs? from A7X? frontman M Shadows before later adding ?Final mix of Slash/M Shadows song is massive. Song turned out killer?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1512 on: December 14, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

@slashhudson just heard ur song Sahara with Koshi Inaba, i like ur guitars :-) but i wish it was sung in english instead of japanese :-(

From Slash:

@brandonw3. We're recutting it in English w/Koshi   

about 1 hour ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to brandonw3 

And

I will send out tour updates asap.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1513 on: December 14, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »

@slashhudson just heard ur song Sahara with Koshi Inaba, i like ur guitars :-) but i wish it was sung in english instead of japanese :-(

From Slash:

@brandonw3. We're recutting it in English w/Koshi   

about 1 hour ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to brandonw3 

And

I will send out tour updates asap.

SAWEET!!!!!  I cannot wait for this album!  Almost here, should be getting first single by start of new year I would hope!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1514 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »

So it'll be on the album? Huh

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1515 on: December 15, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »

Record is being mastered tomorrow, can't wait. Doing a US distribution deal next week as well, its all coming together.

about 8 hours ago   from Facebook   

Thanks CheapJon

greendog
« Reply #1516 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »

I'm guessing this means there'll be a leak soon.  Wink
Not that I'd download it or anything.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1517 on: December 16, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »

Round 1 of mastering sounds awesome, a couple tweaks tomorrow & its done.
about 8 hours ago   from Facebook 

@SlashHudson Can't wait to hear it. Thanks for putting Safe In Your Cage and Your Friends Can Come To on it! :-)

From Slash:

@BigMikeFlores Those songs aren't on it.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »

@SlashHudson you said you've recorded 19 songs right? What about the rest? Thx a lot for rt btw!!

@SlashHudson i mean, all the songs you've recorded will be on your record or do u keep some of them for a next time?

From Slash:

@dadou1403 13 or 14

about 4 hours ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to dadou1403

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1519 on: December 16, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »

@SlashHudson you said you've recorded 19 songs right? What about the rest? Thx a lot for rt btw!!

@SlashHudson i mean, all the songs you've recorded will be on your record or do u keep some of them for a next time?

From Slash:

@dadou1403 13 or 14

about 4 hours ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to dadou1403

I hope he picks the right ones and doesn't leave a song like "Messages" off it.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: