Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428152 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1480 on: December 01, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »

Aerosmith were his favourite band and he was good friends with Sixx and Lenny.

We already found out Lenny Kravitz won't be on the album. http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/music/2009/06/25/lenny_kravitz_not_on_slashs_album

I really didn't like Kravitz's vocals on 'Always On The Run', although Slash's riff is awesome. I can't believe he gave it away like that.
Tyler wants to do solo stuff, so maybe this album will be a good start. ok

Fuck 'Em All.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1481 on: December 01, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »

Im going to assume that someone from Aerosmith is on it somewhere.
Slash did say he got almost everyone he wanted and im sure he would have wanted steven or joe or both.

i see we also have a new troll lol! how original.  (The Miley comment)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:28:33 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: December 03, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »

Slash Knows Fans Love or Hate New 'Paradise City'

Posted on Dec 3rd 2009

Slash has read the feedback and heard the comments from fans on his remake of the Guns N' Roses classic 'Paradise City' with Fergie and Cypress Hill. "Out on the street it's one or the other; either they love it or they hate it. There's no in-between," he tells Noisecreep.

He also knows that some people can't get past the fact the song, one of the signature GNR tunes, features Fergie, not exactly known for her rock pedigree. "Everybody only knows her as Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, and that totally represents power pop and they hate that," he says. "People either just hear for what it is cause no matter what it's great sounding, but other people are against it in principle."

But he's seen a different side and he swears she is a rocker. "I dig Fergie, too, and I back her because I know how rock 'n' roll she is," he says. "I was attracted to her because I heard her singing rock 'n' roll stuff and so that's how all that happened."

In general, Slash is thrilled with everybody who appears on his forthcoming solo album. "I managed to get everybody that I wanted and in some cases, a couple of cases, where I didn't get who I originally thought of I ended up with somebody better," he says. "So I ended up with the right fit cause sometimes you might come up with an idea that sounds right in your mind and then you go to execute it and it isn't necessarily what you thought it was."

And now that is the album near he is digging it. "It's cool and it's really cool to listen to now that I have it sequenced," he says. "It's just great cause it's a really entertaining record and it's sort of a little bit like a roller coaster."

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/03/slash-fergie-paradise-city/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1483 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

I like Fergie too!   ok

I am so ready for this album....  I hope its a big success.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1484 on: December 03, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »

"People either just hear for what it is cause no matter what it's great sounding

No it's not great sounding, it sounds horrible but it doesn't surprise me that he can't see it that way. He think the only reason people don't like it is because Fergie is a pop chick.  Roll Eyes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1485 on: December 03, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »

"People either just hear for what it is cause no matter what it's great sounding

No it's not great sounding, it sounds horrible but it doesn't surprise me that he can't see it that way. He think the only reason people don't like it is because Fergie is a pop chick.  Roll Eyes

I think it sounds cool on its own.  Its when compared to the original it blows.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #1486 on: December 03, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »

Yes it is, that's why Slash means with love it or hate it.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: December 03, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »

I'm planning a world tour starting in April, so I'm planning on going everywhere that will have me.

35 minutes ago   from Facebook   

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1488 on: December 03, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »

My MAIN problem with the song was Cypress Hill.  Fergie was the least of the problems.  She was the best thing on the track (outside of the guitar, but I could just play AFD if I want to hear that).

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1489 on: December 03, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »

I'm planning a world tour starting in April, so I'm planning on going everywhere that will have me.

I'm real interested to see how he pulls a "solo" tour off.  It's one thing to play a few dates, months apart, and have a bunch of guest singers join him.  But how is he gonna recruit these singers for a world tour when they all have other bands/projects to focus on?  Is he gonna have ONE main singer, and when any of the others can do a gig have them sing their songs?  Should be interesting.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1490 on: December 04, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »

I don't like bands or artists redoing their own songs unless they do some kinda cool acoustic thing with it.
leave that shit alone u are never gonna outdo the original.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1491 on: December 04, 2009, 12:48:09 AM »

PC is already pretty different then the original, and while nothing will ever beat the original this version's pretty cool to hear.. Fergie or no Fergie. Songs like these shouldn't belong on a full album, but as a b-side to some Japanse single, that's no disaster..
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1492 on: December 04, 2009, 03:29:12 AM »

I'm real interested to see how he pulls a "solo" tour off.  It's one thing to play a few dates, months apart, and have a bunch of guest singers join him.  But how is he gonna recruit these singers for a world tour when they all have other bands/projects to focus on?  Is he gonna have ONE main singer, and when any of the others can do a gig have them sing their songs?  Should be interesting.

Im guessing it will be like Slash, Chris Chaney, Franky Perez anyways.  Guests may appear at different shows. not sure about drums or rhythm guitar

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1493 on: December 04, 2009, 03:34:24 AM »

Wow, thanks for the fantastic response. As soon as I get an itinerary you all will be the 1st to know where the tour is going to go.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

He does seem to be focusing on the Fergie factor, but from what I've seen it appears to be the other reason he states...

but other people are against it in principle."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1495 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

It should be interesting to see.  My guess is he'll have Franky Perez and others tour with him, but as Falcon has mentioned regarding Camp Freddy, these type of tours are hard to put together (guest singers etc.).

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1496 on: December 04, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »

People don't hate the redone Paradise City because Fergie's on it.  People hate it because Slash took one of the best songs in the GNR catalogue, castrated it and turned it into a glossy, poppy piece of crap
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #1497 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

Im guessing it will be like Slash, Chris Chaney, Franky Perez anyways.  Guests may appear at different shows. not sure about drums or rhythm guitar
Hopefully take John Bonham for the drum seat, not too sure about rhythm guitar.  perhaps get izzy out, i'm sure everyone's clean and it would be brilliant. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1498 on: December 04, 2009, 07:49:11 PM »

im sure it isn't gonna be a huge stadium or arena tour

probably smallerish arenas etc. clubs

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1499 on: December 04, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »

im sure it isn't gonna be a huge stadium or arena tour

probably smallerish arenas etc. clubs

Absolutely. I would think 1500-2000 people on a theater tour type of venue would be realistic for him if he promotes the crap out of his album.

I also expect there to be just a standard house band with someone like Franky performing all vocals short of the big market where he may get a singer off his album to show up for a song or 2 guest spot.

One thing I hope for on a Slash tour though is lots of setlist variety. He has a huge catalog of things to pull from from his stuff with GNR, Snakepit, VR and a solo album that will have 18 or so songs on it. Not to mention he loves cover songs so you can always count on one or 2 totally unrelated ones.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: