Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428154 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1440 on: November 18, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »

From Jack White regarding Slash's request to appear on his album...

However, there's the project that won't be happening: White's rumored contribution to former Guns N' Roses axeman Slash's solo record, which ? if reports are to be believed ? White turned down an opportunity to sing on.

"I don't even remember that request, but I love Slash ? Appetite [for Destruction] is one of the best rock albums of the past 20-30 years," White said. "I don't remember exactly what that request was, but, you know, I don't really like those albums where every song is a different person ? that Santana thing, that's not interesting to me. But I think he's a really interesting guitar player."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1626605/20091118/dead_weather.jhtml

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:57:31 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1441 on: November 18, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »

I think the disk will be good SLASH

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1442 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »

From a review from the LAYN benefit show:

However, the standout with Stockdale was he and SLASH's original cut, "By the Sword," from SLASH's forthcoming solo album. Smoky, ominous and psychedelic, the opening riff proved to be one of SLASH's best. It's melancholy yet strangely energetic, and Stockdale's howl felt divinely otherworldly?a new classic.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-slash-friends-layn-rocks-avalon-hollywood/6223202

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1443 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:15 PM »

However, the standout with Stockdale was he and SLASH's original cut, "By the Sword," from SLASH's forthcoming solo album. Smoky, ominous and psychedelic, the opening riff proved to be one of SLASH's best. It's melancholy yet strangely energetic, and Stockdale's howl felt divinely otherworldly?a new classic.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-slash-friends-layn-rocks-avalon-hollywood/6223202

Fuck, BOLD WORDS.....
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #1444 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »

Nice words. I can't wait  drool drool

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1445 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »

Fuck, BOLD WORDS.....

I don't think I've ever read one of his reviews where he didn't really like what he heard, so I'm not sure how to take the review.

Hopefully we'll get some video soon of the song so we can see for ourselves.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1446 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »

Fuck, BOLD WORDS.....

I don't think I've ever read one of his reviews where he didn't really like what he heard, so I'm not sure how to take the review.

Hopefully we'll get some video soon of the song so we can see for ourselves.

Look in the other thread, I posted a short clip and I found a clip where we heard a similar riff before.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1447 on: November 24, 2009, 12:03:16 AM »

Look in the other thread, I posted a short clip and I found a clip where we heard a similar riff before.

Thanks for the clip, hopefully we'll get the full song soon.

This from AOL's Noisecreep...

Another came when Stockdale and Slash presented a long-awaited preview of the guitar icon's upcoming solo album. Stockdale, who is one of several guests on the album, recreated his vocals on 'Die by the Sword,' a straight-ahead rock song that if it's indicative of the rest of the album, Slash fans will be very freaking happy indeed. Before the show Stockdale, who admitted playing with Slash "is intimidating, though he's the most easy-going, accomodating guy," said playing the new song inspired him. "I think when you've written a song with somebody you put a bit more heart into it as well." And indeed they killed it

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1448 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

SLASH Performs Song From Upcoming Solo Album At 'LAYN Rocks!' Benefit; Video Available - Nov. 24, 2009

Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) performed a song called "By The Sword" off his upcoming self-titled solo album at a benefit concert this past Sunday (November 22) at the Avalon in Hollywood, California. The show, billed as "Slash & Friends", was a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Youth Network (LAYN) is a non-profit organization providing services to homeless and runaway youth.

Fan-filmed video footage of the "By The Sword" performance can be viewed below.

The musicians featured in the video are as follows:

Travis Barker (BLINK-182) - Drums
Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION) - Bass
Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) - Guitar
Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION) - Guitar
Andrew Stockdale (WOLFMOTHER) - Vocals

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130915

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1449 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »

The song rocks.  cant wait to hear the feedback it gets on blabbermouth and youtube cos thats were the harshest critics seem to comment  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1450 on: November 26, 2009, 05:32:03 AM »

"By the sword" is a track I wrote with Andrew Stockdale from my forthcoming solo album, it hasn't been released yet fyi.

From Twitter

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1451 on: November 26, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »

Slash album to get first release in ?14.99 Classic Rock issue

26-Nov-09

LONDON - Former Guns'n'Roses guitarist Slash is to distribute his first solo album in a ?14.99 special edition of Future's music magazine Classic Rock a month before its general release next spring.

Future has done a deal with Slash's label Roadrunner Records to distribute the album.

The companies will create what they are calling a "FanPack" release, to include a 132-page special issue of Classic Rock, called 'Classic Rock Presents: Slash, along with the self-titled album'.

With high street record chains struggling to stay open, the deal sidesteps the problem of supermarkets only stocking the top 20 CDs, making the record available in 4,000 UK retailers.

It is the first time a record has been distributed this way and will be the available to UK fans before the album goes on sale as a standalone CD anywhere else.

Mark Palmer, managing director of Roadrunner Records UK, said: "While the past few years have seen the unrelenting rise of Classic Rock in a troubled magazine market, it has also witnessed the gradual disintegration of high street record retailers.

"By partnering with Future to release the Slash FanPack we are able to make widely-available a quality product for those consumers that have a real passion and interest not just in Slash's new music, but also every facet of his amazing career to date."

Roadrunner Records is also home to artists such as Nickelback and Slipknot.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/969840/Slash-album-first-release-1499-Classic-Rock-issue/

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1452 on: November 26, 2009, 09:25:21 AM »

So it's definitely going to leak one month before release.... everywhere else that is.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1453 on: November 26, 2009, 09:49:14 AM »

So it's definitely going to leak one month before release.... everywhere else that is.
hihi my first thought as well
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1454 on: November 26, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »

so how will record sales be calculated?  i guess just add on every magazine sale too!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1455 on: November 26, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »

Id challenge even Slash's haters to try and say something bad about this song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1456 on: November 26, 2009, 05:30:11 PM »

I hope that the people with a subscription to CR will get the special issue with the album. Seeing as I am one. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1457 on: November 27, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »

Yeah, so the album will leak in February...I wonder why they are doing it that way?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1458 on: November 27, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »

Yeah, so the album will leak in February...I wonder why they are doing it that way?
Well, Slash said he doesn't care about album sales, didn't he?  And honestly, nobody should really care about album sales these days.  It ain't what it used to be, for lack of a better term.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1459 on: November 27, 2009, 11:38:47 PM »

Well, Slash said he doesn't care about album sales, didn't he?  And honestly, nobody should really care about album sales these days.  It ain't what it used to be, for lack of a better term.

Apparently "the move is intended to get the physical release into stores, despite the ongoing problems of high street music retail."

Also, the ?fan pack? edition of Slash?s solo album, accompanied by a special issue of Classic Rock magazine, will be available for ?14.99 [24.70 US Dollars].

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: