Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428547 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1220 on: November 11, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »

I think the main problem is, there are some people who just want to discuss this album - or what we know about it so far - without arguments or insults or whatnot, but are sometimes made to look stupid or that they're somehow not true supporters of GNR. When people start talking about "all you slash fans" and "your idol" and stuff like that, or the continual implication that GNR fans and Slash fans are two separate, unique breeds of people, you can't be surprised that some people take offense and start hurling insults back. Not saying it's right, that's just how it happens.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1221 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »

I think the main problem is, there are some people who just want to discuss this album - or what we know about it so far - without arguments or insults or whatnot, but are sometimes made to look stupid or that they're somehow not true supporters of GNR. When people start talking about "all you slash fans" and "your idol" and stuff like that, or the continual implication that GNR fans and Slash fans are two separate, unique breeds of people, you can't be surprised that some people take offense and start hurling insults back. Not saying it's right, that's just how it happens.

Couldnt have summed it up better than that  Smiley
it feels like its impossible to support both parties.  I hate some things that Slash does and same goes for Axl.
But i don't stop following them as a result.  if i dont like something, i just wont listen again.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1222 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »

Jarmo, what if the cover would have been more like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjg8Cyx_os
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1223 on: November 11, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

Couldnt have summed it up better than that  Smiley
it feels like its impossible to support both parties.  I hate some things that Slash does and same goes for Axl.
But i don't stop following them as a result.  if i dont like something, i just wont listen again.

I don't really think there's any band or artist I support who hasn't done something I didn't much care for. TBH I shouldn't be so bothered about this, the only non-GNR stuff I have of Slash are the two VR albums. Which, for the record, I quite like. Smiley

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1224 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

Have you just lost your mind? WTF was that? The key she's singing in doesn't even match the song. confused
Someone mixed Jackson's ABC over Paradise City once. That mix was cool.

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1225 on: November 11, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »

Have you just lost your mind? WTF was that? The key she's singing in doesn't even match the song. confused
Someone mixed Jackson's ABC over Paradise City once. That mix was cool.

HAHAHAHAHA, I was just saying it could be much worse...  I think Fergie did good and the song was fun.  Neither song is "mindblowing", but enjoyable... 

Now, this WAS cool from PINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeFeP0cWV8
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1226 on: November 11, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

You make an excellent point. And since you made an excellent point, it will receive no response from the "true GNR fans." I've noticed that trend in this thread also.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1227 on: November 11, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »

Well, it's your fault too. Why do you guys take the bait? Ignore them and the problem is solved.

Fuck 'Em All.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1228 on: November 11, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »

i'm still confused as to why you even bother troling this section.  

As long as your hero considers himself being "over GN'R" and yet releases shitty covers or constantly talking about the band, I'll comment on it.

[/quote]

ha.. i think its amusing how just because i liked afd.. slash is my hero.  personally i could give a shit about slash.. i don't like the snake pit albums.. or libertad.  I do however think he was by far without a doubt the best guitarist GnR has ever had and find it even more amusing that people who are fans of GnR hate him so much.  I've never once said anything negative towards axl.  i don't understand why every thread about slash turns into some sort whining bitch session about how much he sucks.  Perhaps you are tapped into GnR more than most of us fans.. so the fact you might take it more personal i get.. but for everyone else who thinks any of these guys are anyone's hero really need to get a clue.  these guys.. axl and slash make good music.. thats it.  i couldnt' play the triangle so neither of them are anything close to a hero to me.  I could personally careless about either of them.   that being said.  i do look forward to hear their work.  i looked forward to CD.. didn't love it but it wasn't terrible either.  now i'm looking forward to this album.. if i don't like it like libertad.. then so be it.. i wasted 16 bucks.. who cares.   I think the poeple who take Axl vs Slash personal..are losers.. and really need to get a life.  neither of them care what you think so why defend either of them.  I also think the people who wish slash was never part of GnR are idiots too.  AFD was a collective effort and i don't think it would be anywhere near as good if both guys were there.    Finally, why are Fink and buckethead protected on this board.. when they are just another former member like slash?  i don't get one can be hated so much while threads against one of the other guys get deleted.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1229 on: November 11, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »

Finally, why are Fink and buckethead protected on this board.. when they are just another former member like slash?  i don't get one can be hated so much while threads against one of the other guys get deleted.

what does this have to do with the topic??
The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1230 on: November 11, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »

Its clear to me that you hate Slash, fair enough. [/quote
Remember how "great" VR was? Then we hear he had no fun whatsoever in that band. Do you feel like you've been lied to?/jarmo

didn't say Axl in his latest interview something like "I enjoyed the three months we shared a common vision". in reverse that means he didn't enjoy the rest but stayed in the band nevertheless. somehow I feel deceived and lied to. sorry, I have to mention Axl because that's the only way to prove that you talking (amongest others) nonsense and should mind your own business (Axl's business). Axl's mindset = Your mindset
but it's seems easier to complain about Slash than realising that both have skeletons in the closet. even though Axl s the king of the ring. by far.

besides: I don't have the impression that the most part of the slash fans describe the two songs as outstanding. but just like Slash they seem to be more even-tempered. just look how "jac daniel" handles all your (meaning not just you) crude and nitpicking provocations.

oh something got messed up. all the shit that going on here seems to confuse me confused

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:53:09 PM by The Weisenheimer » Logged

You can say "You" to me!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1231 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

I do however think he was by far without a doubt the best guitarist GnR has ever had and find it even more amusing that people who are fans of GnR hate him so much.  

He hasn't done anything I love since he left GN'R.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Everything he's done has been the same kind of "enjoy right now and then forget about it" stuff. I liked the Snakepit stuff at first. I guess I wanted to like it and then when I went back to listen to it a few months later, it was just not as I had remembered. Same thing happened with his other band.

And apparently I'm not allowed to think that because "I hate Slash".  Roll Eyes

I have to mention Axl because that's the only way to prove that you talking (amongest others) nonsense and should mind your own business (Axl's business). Axl's mindset = Your mindset

You should just keep those thoughts to yourself if you want to keep posting here.

This topic is about Slash.

I should mind my own business? How about you shut the fuck up and logout before it's too late for you?

Next time you want to make personal attacks aimed at me, I will kick you the fuck out so you can cry about getting banned because we don't agree.  ok

Don't think I'll try to be nice to some Slash troll with an agenda.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1232 on: November 11, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »

i agree that he really hasn't done anything great since prob UI 1 and 2.. personally i don't think anyone from that line up has.. but i don't hate or bash them because of that.  i still look forward to new music.. except adler.. i don't really care about a single think has done since afd.    I'm really looking forward to this album.  i'm hoping its the best since the UI albums.. but who knows.. i've been dissapointed 3 times so far..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1233 on: November 11, 2009, 01:20:40 PM »

I do however think he was by far without a doubt the best guitarist GnR has ever had and find it even more amusing that people who are fans of GnR hate him so much.  

He hasn't done anything I love since he left GN'R.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Everything he's done has been the same kind of "enjoy right now and then forget about it" stuff. I liked the Snakepit stuff at first. I guess I wanted to like it and then when I went back to listen to it a few months later, it was just not as I had remembered. Same thing happened with his other band.

And apparently I'm not allowed to think that because "I hate Slash".  Roll Eyes

I have to mention Axl because that's the only way to prove that you talking (amongest others) nonsense and should mind your own business (Axl's business). Axl's mindset = Your mindset

You should just keep those thoughts to yourself if you want to keep posting here.

This topic is about Slash.

I should mind my own business? How about you shut the fuck up and logout before it's too late for you?

Next time you want to make personal attacks aimed at me, I will kick you the fuck out so you can cry about getting banned because we don't agree.  ok

Don't think I'll try to be nice to some Slash troll with an agenda.

/jarmo

HFS, I have never seen Jarmo use that kind of vulgarity.  Dayum!  EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1234 on: November 11, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »

People shouldn't put down Sahara because they can't understand the language.  The vocal melodies aren't bad, his voice isn't bad, and the guitars are not bad either.

Imagine how crappy my world would be if I didn't listen to opera because I don't understand those languages.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1235 on: November 11, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »

i agree that he really hasn't done anything great since prob UI 1 and 2.. personally i don't think anyone from that line up has.. but i don't hate or bash them because of that.  i still look forward to new music.. except adler.. i don't really care about a single think has done since afd.    I'm really looking forward to this album.  i'm hoping its the best since the UI albums.. but who knows.. i've been dissapointed 3 times so far..

In the history of Rock, its almost impossible to recapture glory from one's younger years.  The Stones were able to pull out some great albums after being around a long time, but still didn't compare with their earlier work.  Its just so hard.  
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1236 on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »

anyone know where i could get these songs other than on youtube.. i don't see them on i don't see them on itunes.. and don't really want to spend 30 bucks on a 2 song import.  i'd buy it for standard itunes download fees though
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1237 on: November 11, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »

still think people need to separate it.

PC isn't the deepest song in the world, I don't think it has major personal meaning, its a fun rock song. So, yeah I think Fergie sucks and I wouldn't bother listening or buying this, but I don't think it makes Slash the scum of the earth for doing it.

People are going to find whatever reasons they can to hate this album or hate what Slash is doing.

I can't wait till his album comes out so I can read how shitty it is by forum members who already have their reviews typed out but yet will rage against the pro critic that does the same thing.

If Taking by Trees and Sheryl Crow and whoever the fuck else can cover songs, I don't see why Slash can't do the same regardless of how shitty of a version it is.

Spin it, call it what u want, the music he wrote will always be HIS music regardless. U can't take away his contributions regardless of how many years pass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1238 on: November 11, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

U can't take away his contributions regardless of how many years pass.

No one is taking anything away from what he did while he was in Guns. He helped create some AMAZING shit back then. What he has done since then has been no where near the same level, especially this new song and the abomination that is the PC cover. Say what you want about it being "his" to do what he wants with, but when he does what he did to the song don't be surprised when fans think it sucks and say he never should have done it in the first place.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1239 on: November 11, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »

U can't take away his contributions regardless of how many years pass.

No one is taking anything away from what he did while he was in Guns. He helped create some AMAZING shit back then. What he has done since then has been no where near the same level, especially this new song and the abomination that is the PC cover. Say what you want about it being "his" to do what he wants with, but when he does what he did to the song don't be surprised when fans think it sucks and say he never should have done it in the first place.

Yeah but is that really fair? I mean shit, he helped create three of the greatest rock albums of all time.......... If he never picks up another guitar, he has already accomplished more than 99 percent of guitar players.

so I think its unfair to judge him based on that. NO matter how bad u think his post GNR stuff sucks, he still is all over 3 of the best albums of all time... I think most musicians/guitar players would be more than happy with that. How many guitar players in the world have been as successful as he has? can u name more than 5 or 6?

Not a bad career.

Im not telling anyone they should like his cover or agree with him doing it. Hell, I don't like it, i just think people are going a bit overboard with the outrage over it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: