Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428654 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1200 on: November 11, 2009, 08:53:36 AM »

From Slash's Twitter page:

This Japanese release will not be on my record in the West, which is all new original material, but apparenty both songs are on YouTube.

Until now, not too many people have heard Fergie sing Rock & Roll but she sings it better tha most dudes I know. She's a screamer at heart.

Just released a single in Japan featuring Koshi Inaba from the B'z. "Paradise City" featuring Cypress Hill & Fergie on the flip side.

about 7 hours ago from UberTwitter

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1201 on: November 11, 2009, 08:56:41 AM »

well, that's a good attitude. I keep seeing Slash fans expecting ''amazing'' songs from Slash with ''straight up rock'' since 2003.

Contraband to me was amazing though.  (Not all of it of course).
My point is that with Slash, you get what it says on the tin.

I don't expect an orchestra, or oboe players etc on his album.

It will be a rock album.  there will be cool riffs and cool solo's.

That is what the hard rock genre is generally all about.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1202 on: November 11, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »

Who decides what is "good" or "bad" or what "has integrity" or what doesn't?

I don't get all this talk of anyone feeling "threatened" either. I don't think anyone on either "side" (I hate to use that word but I don't know what else to say) should be "threatened" by this album. It's a freaking solo album meant to be fun and feature different singers and styles. I doubt Slash is seriously looking to make the 21st century Sgt. Pepper's or something. But anyone looking forward to it or feeling positive about seems to get demonised by certain people on here. TBH I don't really appreciate the implication that because I might feel positive about this album, I'm some sort of zealous Slash follower who hates the current GNR and all sorts of other irrelevant crap. I'm sure there are those kinds of people out there but please don't lump everyone who still likes Slash in with them. Some of us are above that. (This isn't meant to be directed at one person in particular, it's just a feeling I get sometimes)

I'm off for a lie down.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1203 on: November 11, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »

Who decides what is "good" or "bad" or what "has integrity" or what doesn't?

I don't get all this talk of anyone feeling "threatened" either. I don't think anyone on either "side" (I hate to use that word but I don't know what else to say) should be "threatened" by this album. It's a freaking solo album meant to be fun and feature different singers and styles. I doubt Slash is seriously looking to make the 21st century Sgt. Pepper's or something. But anyone looking forward to it or feeling positive about seems to get demonised by certain people on here. TBH I don't really appreciate the implication that because I might feel positive about this album, I'm some sort of zealous Slash follower who hates the current GNR and all sorts of other irrelevant crap. I'm sure there are those kinds of people out there but please don't lump everyone who still likes Slash in with them. Some of us are above that. (This isn't meant to be directed at one person in particular, it's just a feeling I get sometimes)

I'm off for a lie down.

Id love if things were that black and white also  beer
Because i follow Slash though, im obviously a fanboy Axl hater.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1204 on: November 11, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »

the single is pretty good, the Paradise City cover to me is silly-sorry

libertad
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1205 on: November 11, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »

Im sure the single with Ozzy will be amazing, straight up rock, nothing more, nothing less.

well, that's a good attitude. I keep seeing Slash fans expecting ''amazing'' songs from Slash with ''straight up rock'' since 2003. They got Contraband, Come On Come In, Libertad, and now this thing ''Sahara'' (a piece of shit but ''justified'' because its ''just a japanese b-side''...), but they KEEP expecting the ''amazing'' stuff. Weiland served as an excuse for half a decade. Let's see who's to blame now he has Flea, Ozzy, Dave Grohl and lots of other stars.

the song isn't even released in the US.. its not even in english.. how can you even try to rate the song??  i won't listen to it.. because i don't understand it... also contraband was pretty good.. and i hated weiland on it.. check out the charts and album sales sport.. that disc did just as well as any rock album released in the past 5 years. 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1206 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »

that disc did just as well as any rock album released in the past 5 years. 

Sometimes people forget how successful Contraband actually was.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1207 on: November 11, 2009, 09:53:52 AM »

Nickleback sells more albums then VR, does that mean they are better? Sales don't mean squat if your putting out shit, but if that's how you want to justify how "great" contraband was go ahead.  Roll Eyes
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1208 on: November 11, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »

Nickleback sells more albums then VR, does that mean they are better? Sales don't mean squat if your putting out shit, but if that's how you want to justify how "great" contraband was go ahead.  Roll Eyes

True, but I would read about Libertad album sales posted every week on this board from people blasting VR-you can't have that both ways-sales do mean something, and actually Matt Sorum I thought was pretty honest when he said recently the fans just didn't like it (I thought it was good)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:42:33 AM by Fingers » Logged

libertad
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1209 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »

My point is that with Slash, you get what it says on the tin.

if my memory is not failing, VR used to promote itself as the ''rock and roll salvation''  Grin

and taking in consideration how Slash described his new songs from his upcoming album [in twitter, facebook, etc], they surely must be all epic and phenomenal.

but Slash's description of the songs of his new albums is of the exactly same type of how he described Libertad songs before its release. Libertad was supposed to be ''mean'' at first. Then it was supposed to be a ''concept'' album. Then Sorum or I dont remember who said it was gonna be ''danceable''. And there we have Libertad. I dont know what it is but it sucks and it has no ''straight up rock'', no ''concept'', nothing ''mean'' on it and its not danceable...

but hey! lets see if VR saves rock and roll with his next album and how epic and fantastic his new songs will be.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1210 on: November 11, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

Slash never said it would be a concept album-Scott Weiland said that

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1211 on: November 11, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »

Its clear to me that you hate Slash, fair enough.

Wow. How surprising.

And it's clear to me you love Slash so he can't do no wrong.

Even if it means releasing a shitty cover of a song by the band you claim to love....

Ill be the first to admit, i have only listened to Sahara and PC cover once, and i wasn't blown away.  but neither of those songs are gonna be on the album anyways. 

Did you ever think why he'd release them if they're not gonna be on the album?

I'm more looking forward to hearing the tracks with Lemmy, iggy, Alice, Duff, Adler, Grohl and Izzy etc.

And you're shocked that some people have reservations about the quality of those songs due to all the hyping that's been done for every single thing Slash has been involved with since 1996?

Remember how "great" VR was? Then we hear he had no fun whatsoever in that band. Do you feel like you've been lied to?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1212 on: November 11, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »

how do expect him to describe his album?  seriously.. would any artist say.. "yeah..just finished a shitty album.. i think it sucks but hope you like it"  i'm sure he is proud of his work and thinks its "amazing"   I guess their is no way to quantify how good an album is.  you guys don't want to look at sales.. i'm still confused as to why you even bother troling this section.  go chat about DJ alba and all of his infinate greatness.    would you call the nikki sixx album amazing?  
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1213 on: November 11, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

I know Slash has said a lot of questionable things, but saying he wasn't happy in VR years later (I honestly think Slash has some bi-polar issues-I'm not kidding-but that's another story) is no different than Axl saying years later on Eddie Trunk that he was more or less talked into touring in 2002-if you go back and see his interviews in 2002, he sounded more enthusiastic than ever-I dont mean to draw GNR into this topic, but a lot of rock stars always do this

libertad
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1214 on: November 11, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »

Wow. How surprising.

And it's clear to me you love Slash so he can't do no wrong.

I follow Slash.  Follow is not equal to love.  I have stated before that i don't like the Snakepit albums.  But i never shoved that opinion on anyone, or questioned them for not having the same opinion.

Did you ever think why he'd release them if they're not gonna be on the album?

To reach out to a new fanbase possibly.  Artists often do that.

Remember how "great" VR was? Then we hear he had no fun whatsoever in that band. Do you feel like you've been lied to?

Why do you scrutinise every thing Slash says?  Have you ever had a shit day or came out of a shit relationship with someone and you feel like all the time you spent with them was miserable?  then when time heals, you look back more positively?  Thats just human.  At the moment, he probably feels like he hated VR but the longer they're apart he will remember the success they had.

how do expect him to describe his album?  seriously.. would any artist say.. "yeah..just finished a shitty album.. i think it sucks but hope you like it"

Everyone says that.  Remember metallica hyping St Anger!  Or Joe Perry saying Aerosmith still have their best album in them.
Is he supposed to say "im finished".  rofl

Fuck the haters!  beer

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1215 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »

how do expect him to describe his album?  seriously.. would any artist say.. "yeah..just finished a shitty album.. i think it sucks but hope you like it"  

If you hype your every album and none of them live up to the hype, don't be surprised if people stop believing your every word.

If you're a notorious liar in addition to that, you shouldn't expect the number of believers to increase.

i'm still confused as to why you even bother troling this section.  

As long as your hero considers himself being "over GN'R" and yet releases shitty covers or constantly talking about the band, I'll comment on it.

Fuck the haters!  beer

Insulting GN'R fans because they don't like Slash's latest "cover" isn't allowed here.

You Slash fans often seem to forget that this is a Guns N' Roses fan site.

It's not mandatory to love everything Slash does. It's mandatory to love GN'R though, or else feel free to fuck off.  peace

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:13:36 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1216 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »

I know Slash has said a lot of questionable things, but saying he wasn't happy in VR years later (I honestly think Slash has some bi-polar issues-I'm not kidding-but that's another story) is no different than Axl saying years later on Eddie Trunk that he was more or less talked into touring in 2002

They're only human and we have to remember that instead of going through every interview with a fine comb.
Maybe Slash was having a miserable day and felt like the last 5 years of his life sucked.  (His mother did just die recently).
Shit like that can make you feel down.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1217 on: November 11, 2009, 11:13:25 AM »

If you hype your every album and none of them live up to the hype, don't be surprised if people stop believing your every word.

Contraband clearly lived up to any hype.  ok

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1218 on: November 11, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »

Insulting GN'R fans because they don't like Slash's latest "cover" isn't allowed here.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.  Apologies if offence was taken though.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1219 on: November 11, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »

Regardless, I thought Fergie fucking rocked, and I don't mind listening to her sing.  She can actually SING!  I give her an "A" for effort!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: