Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428523 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1180 on: November 11, 2009, 12:52:58 AM »

rules.  best 2 songs i've heard since contraband

That's not saying much.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1181 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »

The song sounds like the 1972 Ozzy and it's heavy!

That is what Marc Canter had to say about the first single with Ozzy over on another board.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1182 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:31 AM »

Good Experiment In PC, Sahara Good Song...

I Don't  Surprise.

Thanks

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1183 on: November 11, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »

I had to listen to Robin Finck rape enough of Slash's solos, so who cares if Fergie does the same to the vocals of this song.

Firstly, and extremely important, they're GNR solos, not slash's.

Second, Robin played them live with his band at that moment, Guns N' Roses. He did not played them in a studio with some pop/rap singers to seek some attention (the attention Slash abruptly lost since he abandoned Axl, basically because of a lack of genuine and own talent).

Third, and final, I dont think you would find any consense in your theory of Robin raping GNR solos in the GNR fanbase. For example, most of us are still amazed of how Robin redefined the SCOM solo to make it 10x more aggresive and adrenalinic than Slash's slow fucking motion version like the ones he's currently playing with the female rapper. Slash had the luck of meeting Axl Rose first, that's all. But Robin is way more talented, versatile and skilled than Slash, and Robin at least has a vision/conception of art and music that Slash lost loooong time ago if he ever had one since he left guns.

PC is not Slash's solo?? come on, he fucking wrote and plays it on the original first release which is AFD!! dont take away credits where they belong please.
also Robin played it not only live but in the studio on the official Big Daddy movie release. in my eyes not even in the same league of AFD version - so as his live butchering often (but thats just as subjective as your thoughts who plays it better). but SCOM is also Slash's solo as he wrote and plays it there under the classic "old Guns" banner back in time where they were one of the biggest bands in the world  ok

Slash loosing attention? he is all over the media so there must be some interest, huh?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1184 on: November 11, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »

Firstly, and extremely important, they're GNR solos, not slash's.

What a retarded comment!
Slash wrote them solos, they are HIS, not Duffs, or steven adlers, or Axls, or bucketheads.  ok

Now for the single.

Sahara sounded cool to me, solo was awesome.  PC was ok, i wasn't expecting much for a B side.

I can see why people might not like Sahara, as the vocals are in Japanese but lets remember, these songs are NOT on the album.

The single with Ozzy is going to be awesome!  and the album!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:29:00 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1185 on: November 11, 2009, 03:34:06 AM »

on a different note, i can see why CERTAIN people are getting upset with this. 

Its clear that Slash's album is starting to create a buzz and the Ozzy single will be huge! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #1186 on: November 11, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »

Sahara doesn't seem too bad, but then I don't speak Japanese, so he could be singing about his trip to the supermarket for all I know.  Slashs' solo's not bad, but doesn't really cover any new ground.  Nowhere near comparable to his work with Guns.

PC cover - that was probably about the worst version I have ever heard.  I know he has the right to do what he wants etc. etc. and that any loyalty he had to the original recordings is long gone, but what about his loyalty to fans of the original music?  Regardless of what he is doing now or has done since Guns, he should remember that without those fans he wouldn't be where he is now.  Taking a song that is well loved by Guns fans all over the world and destroying it like this is, to me, showing a complete lack of regard for the people that helped to get him where he is today.

BTW, my opinion is not biased because it's Slash.  If any band, including the current G N' R line-up took an original Guns song and did this to it, I would be equally disgusted.

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1187 on: November 11, 2009, 04:55:43 AM »

but its just a japanese B side.

All i care about is the new single "Sahara" and that was quite cool, even though we don't understand the lyrics.
Cool riffing and a cool solo.

YES, it didn't break new ground but this is Slash.  He just rocks out, its not supposed to be epic or include 10 oboe players.

Im sure the single with Ozzy will be amazing, straight up rock, nothing more, nothing less.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1188 on: November 11, 2009, 05:07:18 AM »

Regarding Slash using pop singers on his album, maybe it's not because he wants to keep attention on himself or whatever, perhaps he - shock, horror - quite likes them and wants to try something different musically. Shocked

I'm sure Slash, who is known as a rock guitarist, is well aware that having people like Fergie and the Pussycat Dolls girl on his album isn't going to be the most popular decision, but he obviously doesn't care.

Also, on an off-topic note, regarding being "over GNR", I think he's referring more to being asked about reuniting with Axl than playing their music. If I'd done what he did with GNR, I wouldn't wanna "get over" it in a hurry. Axl still plays those songs with the current GNR, Duff does some GNR songs with Loaded I think, Adler has Adler's Appetite and Slash does stuff like this. Izzy.... I have no idea. Tongue Obviously these songs are still important to the people who played on them and I think they should do what they want with them (well, there's probably a limit to that...). People may not like how it sounds, but in the end, no one's being forced to listen to anything, by any of those guys. Just what I think.

Oh yeah, Ozzy song should rock. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1189 on: November 11, 2009, 05:37:39 AM »

Regarding Slash using pop singers on his album, maybe it's not because he wants to keep attention on himself or whatever, perhaps he - shock, horror - quite likes them and wants to try something different musically. Shocked

I'm sure Slash, who is known as a rock guitarist, is well aware that having people like Fergie and the Pussycat Dolls girl on his album isn't going to be the most popular decision, but he obviously doesn't care.

Also, on an off-topic note, regarding being "over GNR", I think he's referring more to being asked about reuniting with Axl than playing their music. If I'd done what he did with GNR, I wouldn't wanna "get over" it in a hurry. Axl still plays those songs with the current GNR, Duff does some GNR songs with Loaded I think, Adler has Adler's Appetite and Slash does stuff like this. Izzy.... I have no idea. Tongue Obviously these songs are still important to the people who played on them and I think they should do what they want with them (well, there's probably a limit to that...). People may not like how it sounds, but in the end, no one's being forced to listen to anything, by any of those guys. Just what I think.

Oh yeah, Ozzy song should rock. Cheesy

oh, some brain going on right there. ok

@"haters": in your undifferentiated world Axl must suck major balls because he made a song pop/R&B song like "if the world".  where`s his intergrity? well, he does what he wants to do. no matter what. so does Slash. stop to apply double standards. and by the way. on the one hand Slash does the same stuff all over again, on the other hand he prostitutes himself. wtf?! in contrast to you he ain't a teenager anymore and has opened his mind. things like that happen once in a time.

Sahara: 6/10
PC as for what it's meant to be: 5/10

You can say "You" to me!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1190 on: November 11, 2009, 05:39:56 AM »

Regarding Slash using pop singers on his album, maybe it's not because he wants to keep attention on himself or whatever, perhaps he - shock, horror - quite likes them and wants to try something different musically.

i agree!  but people on here just love to hate Slash, probably cos they're threatened by the album or something.

Its crazy to me, if Slash plays a song like Sahara, people say "Its not groundbreaking, just typical rock" but if he plays something different with Fergie etc, then we hear "Its not Rock n Roll".  If its a Guns song we hear "he is still living off GNR".

people love to hate.  Even if it means pointing out faults on a B side jam

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1191 on: November 11, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »

SLASH's New Single To Feature OZZY OSBOURNE; More Guest Singers Revealed - Nov. 10, 2009
Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF has posted the following message on her official blog:

"One of the benefits of being the Music Director of WAAF is hearing new music WAY before anyone else!

"Today I got a chance to hear some of the new Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES] album that will be released in March of 2010. We should have the new single (which is going to feature Ozzy [Osbourne] on lead vocals) in January!

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

(I used to love him? But I had to leave him?Huh)

"I heard Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, M. Shadows, and even Fergie lending their voices to Slash. They were all great! Also featured on the lineup? Lemmy, Iggy, Alice Cooper, Flea, Duff, Myles Kennedy and, you guessed, Dave Grohl!

"According to my 'source,' Slash wrote the 'blueprint' for the songs with someone specific in mind. Then he asked that person to get involved and help write and record the track!

"Every song has a bit of Slash and the other musicians in it? Very COOL!

"This album is going to be HUGE!"
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1192 on: November 11, 2009, 06:24:11 AM »

(I used to love him? But I had to leave him?

Is that SERIOUSLY the name of the Ozzy song?  HAHA!
Im kidding
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:23:38 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

Alvaro Augsten
Opening Act

« Reply #1193 on: November 11, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »

I miss velvet revolver  drool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1194 on: November 11, 2009, 07:54:21 AM »

How disrespectful to the Japanese.

It's ok to put out shitty covers as long as it's "just a Japanese B side"?

Your whole idea of fans feeling threatened by this solo album is hilarious.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1195 on: November 11, 2009, 08:10:02 AM »

How disrespectful to the Japanese.

It's ok to put out shitty covers as long as it's "just a Japanese B side"?

Your whole idea of fans feeling threatened by this solo album is hilarious.

/jarmo

people love to hate.  Even if it means pointing out faults on a B side jam.
Shitty is just an opinion.  Wheter its blues based rock, hip hop, pop, metal, someone always has a problem.
but that no longer surprises me on here.

Your whole idea of discrediting Slash is hilarious also.

Would people feel the need to put the album down if they weren't threatened?

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1196 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »

i love this place.

people bitch about slash's lack of originality, then he changes something drasticly and they bitch it's not like the 87 version of the song.

the cover is not my cup of tea, but at least it wasn't a direct clone of the original song, or most of the original recording with some new parts overdubbed, sahara wasn't bad, but as a few people said not understanding the lyrics is a big part of that. i look forward to January when the first proper release from this album comes out.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1197 on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:57 AM »

people love to hate.  Even if it means pointing out faults on a B side jam.
Shitty is just an opinion.  Wheter its blues based rock, hip hop, pop, metal, someone always has a problem.
but that no longer surprises me on here.

There's good music and there's bad music.

That cover falls under the latter category.

Your whole idea of discrediting Slash is hilarious also.

He does it himself. Haven't you fucking noticed already?

Would people feel the need to put the album down if they weren't threatened?

Threatened by what? Are you serious? By an album put together to feature singers so the guitar player can hang out with people he likes and/or his wife admires?

Maybe you are the threatened one? Maybe you just realized that the Japanese B side isn't as groundbreaking as you had hoped and now you're trying to tell yourself it's "just a Japanese B side" so it's ok.

Maybe you should be threatened. There might not be another VR album for a while... You'll have to settle with hearing Fergie.  Tongue

people bitch about slash's lack of originality, then he changes something drasticly and they bitch it's not like the 87 version of the song.

Well maybe to some of you, to just do something different for the sake of being different is enough. Even if it lacks quality, integrity and respect for the original.

Those GN'R tribute albums are also "different"! Doesn't mean they rock... rofl

If you had heard that cover on the radio without knowing who made it, most of you would've been pissed off.

I'm assuming you all love Sheryl Crow's cover of SCOM. It's also different and she changed the song drastically.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:32:09 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1198 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »

Jarmo, 

Its clear to me that you hate Slash, fair enough.

Ill be the first to admit, i have only listened to Sahara and PC cover once, and i wasn't blown away.  but neither of those songs are gonna be on the album anyways.  I'm more looking forward to hearing the tracks with Lemmy, iggy, Alice, Duff, Adler, Grohl and Izzy etc.

If them tracks suck, then yeah, the album will be a failure to me but i refuse to judge a whole project based on a Japanese single.

Sahara had some cool guitar and it might grow on me yet.  (Even though i don't understand it).

People need to give this album a chance when it comes out.  Remember how we all called CD a "grower".

i love this place.

i know right?  Smiley

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1199 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »

Im sure the single with Ozzy will be amazing, straight up rock, nothing more, nothing less.

well, that's a good attitude. I keep seeing Slash fans expecting ''amazing'' songs from Slash with ''straight up rock'' since 2003. They got Contraband, Come On Come In, Libertad, and now this thing ''Sahara'' (a piece of shit but ''justified'' because its ''just a japanese b-side''...), but they KEEP expecting the ''amazing'' stuff. Weiland served as an excuse for half a decade. Let's see who's to blame now he has Flea, Ozzy, Dave Grohl and lots of other stars.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: