Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428848 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1160 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »

This is htgth what else do you expect?, as soon as someone leaves the band they become an outcast whether they left a month ago or 14 years ago, it's all the same to them.

nice try, but no.   many of us love a lot of the ex-members other stuff.   just because we aren't all slash fanboys like you and your boy Smoking Guns doesn't make us haters.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1161 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »

^^you are a proven hater, thats no secret. why not jumping to the fan board above, huh?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1162 on: November 10, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »

^^you are a proven hater, thats no secret. why not jumping to the fan board above, huh?
how am i a hater?  I've been a Guns N' Roses fan since 1991.   I've traveled to see them in 2006, saw them 4 times that year.   I am a huge fan of the guys in the band, and I also like to follow what Izzy, Duff, Buckethead,  Brain, and Robin(especailly him) are up to these days.   
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1163 on: November 10, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

Listening to PC just now. Fergie's actually not bad IMO. Cypress Hill I'm..... indifferent to. Obviously compared to the original, it doesn't come close but taken on its own, it's OK. I probably wouldn't rush out and buy music from this band if I heard it on the radio but I wouldn't change the station either.

EDIT: Listening to Sahara just now and holy shit, that guy does sound like Vince Neil. Shocked I agree with faldor in that I'd probably like it more if I could understand more than the "hey, hey, hey" part. Oh well, the album should probably be better overall, especially looking at the list of people on it.... yes
I guess when you look at it from a business perspective, this is a Japan only release.  So doing it in only Japanese is a no brainer.  Then give them a B-side of a classic GNR song to help entice them.  Even though it's an AWFUL version, they won't know any better.

Yeah, I doubt any of us are ever gonna hear it again. Unless someone really likes it and keeps going back to listen to it.....

And if I see the words "hero", "idol", or "fanboy" in another Slash-related thread, I may punch my monitor... Lips Sealed

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1164 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

^Nevermind the haters. This is htgth what else do you expect?, as soon as someone leaves the band they become an outcast whether they left a month ago or 14 years ago, it's all the same to them.

you're so wrong. you dont have an idea of how much I would love to see Bucket and Robin back in the band. I am still unable to completely accept the fact Robin's gone.

you dont need to be a ''hater'' to consider that cover a musical abortion. check the comments at YouTube. that's supposed to be neutral people or casual fans.

I really dont care about Slash's solo stuff. I might get a copy of his solo album if its not too expensive. ''Sahara'' is not the problem here, i dont give a shit.

the problem is Slash's constant and neverending need to spit on GNR's legacy.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1165 on: November 10, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »

the problem is Slash's constant and neverending need to spit on GNR's legacy.

He evidently see it as "spitting" on anything, more just doing something different with the song. I wasn't sitting there in awe when I heard it but if thats what he wants to do, then great. Good luck to him.

TBH, I'd rather have Slash or any of the others who played on the original to do something like that with the song than say, Cypress Hill and Fergie on their own. Just sayin'....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1166 on: November 10, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »

The guy is shameless, and has zero artistic integrity

This is some Gene Simmons stuff right here
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1167 on: November 10, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »

The overreaction in this thread is ridiculous

If he were using it as a single and video etc thats one thing. Its just a B side in Japan.. I don't see the big deal

People may not "Bash' other former members but where are all the Buckethead supporters? He was God with a guitar while he was in GNR, he leaves and his threads have like 2 replies..........same with Robin and on down the line.....

Axl called Slash a cancer, so the backstage crew now hate Slash at every turn, if they reunited tomorrow, there would be so much Slash dicksucking on here it would be mindblowing and disgusting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: November 10, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »

^Nevermind the haters. This is htgth what else do you expect?

I was just reading through the 70+ comments on BM and they are overwhelmingly negative.  But I suppose that's expected.

So I went to read the comments on the Velvet Revolver board, and they're not very positive either.

Just to be fair.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #1169 on: November 10, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »

I Loved Sahara, Slash sounds classic and agressive as allways and his guitar solo is killer. The singer it's not bad either. About Paradise City cover?. It's just Ok for me, I was not expecting something "amazing", I don't give it more relevance than that.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1170 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:06 PM »

If he were using it as a single and video etc thats one thing. Its just a B side in Japan.. I don't see the big deal

Maybe you and the other Slash fans don't see the big deal, but why are you surprised that others do?

You take something many of us grew up with and then mix it with somebody like Fergie, while not actually adding anything with integrity or authenticity to the mix.

It's almost like the whole idea was to be able to use a pop singer in order to get some publicity for it, while sending out a "look at me, I was in that band so I can do whatever I want with their old songs, because my fans will love it either way, and but I'm so past it that I'm pissing on the song's legacy by recording this" message to the world.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1171 on: November 10, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »

The overreaction in this thread is ridiculous

People may not "Bash' other former members but where are all the Buckethead supporters? He was God with a guitar while he was in GNR, he leaves and his threads have like 2 replies..........same with Robin and on down the line.....

Axl called Slash a cancer, so the backstage crew now hate Slash at every turn, if they reunited tomorrow, there would be so much Slash dicksucking on here it would be mindblowing and disgusting.

And by the same token there are a lot of people who defend any move Slash makes, no matter how lame.  This remix or whatever you want to call it is laughably bad.  Regardless of the format, the fact that Slash would officially release something like this is mind boggling.  After hearing this and looking at some of the guests on his album it is obvious that he is desperate to stay "relevant" by appealing to a pop fanbase, credibility and artistic integrity be damned.  No doubt the Slash apologists will tell anyone who calls these moves corny "narrowminded."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1172 on: November 10, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »

its not the greatest thing ever, but i don't think its that big a deal.

that and jungle and SCOM have been so overplayed and whored out, that whatever someone does to those songs really means nothing to me.

NR or Estranged or something, yeah, id be outraged

I had to listen to Robin Finck rape enough of Slash's solos, so who cares if Fergie does the same to the vocals of this song.

If he had Fergie singing NR or something, I'd lead the lynch mob.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1173 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:05 PM »

that and jungle and SCOM have been so overplayed and whored out, that whatever someone does to those songs really means nothing to me.

The fact that a guy who claims to be over GN'R records this kind of version of it obviously doesn't matter at all to you or make you understand why some might feel sick about it.

Robin has nothing to do with this topic. Another warning added to your account.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1174 on: November 10, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »

I had to listen to Robin Finck rape enough of Slash's solos, so who cares if Fergie does the same to the vocals of this song.

Firstly, and extremely important, they're GNR solos, not slash's.

Second, Robin played them live with his band at that moment, Guns N' Roses. He did not played them in a studio with some pop/rap singers to seek some attention (the attention Slash abruptly lost since he abandoned Axl, basically because of a lack of genuine and own talent).

Third, and final, I dont think you would find any consense in your theory of Robin raping GNR solos in the GNR fanbase. For example, most of us are still amazed of how Robin redefined the SCOM solo to make it 10x more aggresive and adrenalinic than Slash's slow fucking motion version like the ones he's currently playing with the female rapper. Slash had the luck of meeting Axl Rose first, that's all. But Robin is way more talented, versatile and skilled than Slash, and Robin at least has a vision/conception of art and music that Slash lost loooong time ago if he ever had one since he left guns.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:45:17 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1175 on: November 10, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »

SLASH's New Single To Feature OZZY OSBOURNE; More Guest Singers Revealed - Nov. 10, 2009

Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF has posted the following message on her official blog:

"One of the benefits of being the Music Director of WAAF is hearing new music WAY before anyone else!

"Today I got a chance to hear some of the new Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES] album that will be released in March of 2010. We should have the new single (which is going to feature Ozzy [Osbourne] on lead vocals) in January!

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

"I heard Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, M. Shadows, and even Fergie lending their voices to Slash. They were all great! Also featured on the lineup? Lemmy, Iggy, Alice Cooper, Flea, Duff, Myles Kennedy and, you guessed, Dave Grohl!

"According to my 'source,' Slash wrote the 'blueprint' for the songs with someone specific in mind. Then he asked that person to get involved and help write and record the track!

"Every song has a bit of Slash and the other musicians in it? Very COOL!

"This album is going to be HUGE!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130176

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1176 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:24 PM »

Sahara is a very cool song. Love the guitars. Vocals obviously would have been better in English.

Paradise City was terrible, especially Cypress Hill, but pleasantly surprised by Fergie's vocals.
Too bad he left out the intro.

Fuck 'Em All.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: November 10, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

Somehow I doubt that.

Unless the lyrics go something like;

Axl Rose is a bald baby-eater
Tony Iommi worships chipmunk feet ah yeah
I am the mastermind
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1178 on: November 10, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

Sahara was good so I still hope the album is as well.
I'm just going to click my fingers and Bam! That PC version is out of my head. Phew.... I'll forget it ever happened.

Fuck 'Em All.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1179 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »

rules.  best 2 songs i've heard since contraband
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: