Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428808 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1140 on: November 10, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »

I like both stuff.
can't wait for the album.
at least something post VR is coming out!

I think you and I are the only two... The cover seemed like a fun jam and I like Sahara!  And neither of these songs will be on the US release.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1141 on: November 10, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »

The best part.. they left paradise city untouched (the gnr version)

it's really a Slash song. with Cypris hill on it and Fergie... I kinda like the guitar sound on it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1142 on: November 10, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »

From Snakepit.org

On November 4, SLASH finished recording his solo album. He still has a couple left to mix, but the recording is all done. There are 19 tracks on the album, so you certainly get a lot of music for your money!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1143 on: November 10, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »

I like both stuff.
can't wait for the album.
at least something post VR is coming out!

I think you and I are the only two... The cover seemed like a fun jam and I like Sahara!  And neither of these songs will be on the US release.

Well i'm a third, just finished listening to PC cover, its cool and I like it.  All the haters need to take a pill and relax. The other song is good but nothing great, I think the singer kinda sounds like Vince Neal.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:18:25 PM by dont_damn_me » Logged
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1144 on: November 10, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »

Sahara's music is nice, good production and cool guitarsound, but I don't like listening to a non-English language.. solo's pretty cool too. Glad that this one ain't gonna be on the album though, music's nice but..

Paradise City.. not as bad as I thought, sounded weird but I didn't dislike it. I expected a close to original cover.. this sounds kinda funky Cool

The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1145 on: November 10, 2009, 04:01:39 PM »

Wow!

It makes David Hasselhoff seem like a musical genius!

/jarmo

Wow!

Your comment makes Jim Bob's comment look like a music critic by Johann Sebastian Bach   Wink

PC - i like the intro but I don't dig the Cypress Hill parts too much. lack of energy. Fergie sounds good though. can't touch the original in any way but thought it could. b-side

Sahara - cool riffing. Koshiba reminds me of Vince Neil and I don't like that one. melodies are ok and partly pretty good. really like the verse better than the chorus who actually sounds like a pre-chorus. great bridge. but the overall sound of the song bothers me a little bit. good solo, especially the beginning.

PS: Robert Enke ist tot. Kann doch nciht wahr sein
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:08:15 PM by The Weisenheimer » Logged

You can say "You" to me!
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #1146 on: November 10, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »

Sahara does nothing for me but the PC version is cool.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:10:19 PM by domi » Logged

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1147 on: November 10, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »

You must give him credit for not doing an exact cover, at least he let the original one stay original.  Not bad, chics will like it I am sure.

It is different, but in some ways sort of predictable.  Cypress Hill and Fergie have performed this song many times before, maybe someone else would have been more interesting, for me anyway.

And just out of curiosity, why do you think "chics will like it"?  Do you mean because of Fergie...or Slash?  I don't think you mean Cypress Hill.  Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1148 on: November 10, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

You must give him credit for not doing an exact cover, at least he let the original one stay original.  Not bad, chics will like it I am sure.

It is different, but in some ways sort of predictable.  Cypress Hill and Fergie have performed this song many times before, maybe someone else would have been more interesting, for me anyway.

And just out of curiosity, why do you think "chics will like it"?  Do you mean because of Fergie...or Slash?  I don't think you mean Cypress Hill.  Smiley

Yes, cause of Fergie.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1149 on: November 10, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »

i like the PC cover!
different direction and not too much ripping off the original. Fergie does pretty good there!! Slash's guitar sound and solo nice aswell!

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1150 on: November 10, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »

''Sahara'' bored me. Its exactly what i was expecting from Slash: the typical and boring mid-tempo song with the same bluesy and old-fashioned sound as always. Slash is stuck in time, definitely. I felt a deja vu while listening to it. Its as boring as Libertad and as boring as everything Slash has done since 1993. No surprises. As always.

About Paradise City with the 2 rappers... I dont know what to say. I feel like the song (a timeless hard rock anthem) was raped, mutilated and disrespected. I really think I will never listen to it again. Trust me: Hole's version, which was already awful, was WAY better and respectful about the original than this crap.

The Slash from the ''killer guitar melodies'' is over. I dont know how much more time people need to realise it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1151 on: November 10, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »

to be fair.....please wait for his full album before bashing him like it sucks all over, ok?
even Marc Canter just said he liked it!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »

^Nevermind the haters. This is htgth what else do you expect?, as soon as someone leaves the band they become an outcast whether they left a month ago or 14 years ago, it's all the same to them.

As far as the songs are concerned, I'm digging both songs. Now ofcourse PC will never be as good as the original that's exactly why i think it was a good idea to just take it into a totally different direction.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1153 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

The song with Koshi was pretty cool.

Don't get me started on Paradise City.  It won't be pretty and I will probably get my well deserved ban from this site.  No sir, I'm not gonna say anything about Paradise City featuring Cypress Hill and Fergie.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1154 on: November 10, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »

Paradise City sucked balls! way to ruin another classic SLASH! SCOM with the BEP wasn't enough... jeez

the other song is cool but not my cup of tea. at least it's rock n' roll

i expect the record to be a lot better, but i really don't understand what's up with slash and this new love for mediocre POP stars ... jeez, it's not like the people he's working with are any good...

BEP... seriously? jeez...

Chinese Democracy!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1155 on: November 10, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »

The song with Koshi was pretty cool.

Don't get me started on Paradise City.  It won't be pretty and I will probably get my well deserved ban from this site.  No sir, I'm not gonna say anything about Paradise City featuring Cypress Hill and Fergie.
Agreed on both songs.  I think I'd like the song with Koshi more if I could understand it.  I thought there was going to be an English version too, no?  Sounded decent, but I can't sing along to it unless I take some Japanese classes.

Paradise City was as awful as I could've ever expected.  Why Slash?  Why?  Leave it alone!  At the very least, leave Cypress Hill out of the equation.  Fergie's not half bad.  I know it's just a B-side, but still it's embarassing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:54:55 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1156 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »

Listening to PC just now. Fergie's actually not bad IMO. Cypress Hill I'm..... indifferent to. Obviously compared to the original, it doesn't come close but taken on its own, it's OK. I probably wouldn't rush out and buy music from this band if I heard it on the radio but I wouldn't change the station either.

EDIT: Listening to Sahara just now and holy shit, that guy does sound like Vince Neil. Shocked I agree with faldor in that I'd probably like it more if I could understand more than the "hey, hey, hey" part. Oh well, the album should probably be better overall, especially looking at the list of people on it.... yes
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:55:14 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1157 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:31 PM »

That version of Paradise City is the single biggest fucking musical abortion that I've heard in AT LEAST ten years.

And people bitched about Chinese Democracy? Really?

All of you Slash lovers can have your fucking idol, because after hearing that cover of Paradise City, he's basically dead to me.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1158 on: November 10, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

Listening to PC just now. Fergie's actually not bad IMO. Cypress Hill I'm..... indifferent to. Obviously compared to the original, it doesn't come close but taken on its own, it's OK. I probably wouldn't rush out and buy music from this band if I heard it on the radio but I wouldn't change the station either.

EDIT: Listening to Sahara just now and holy shit, that guy does sound like Vince Neil. Shocked I agree with faldor in that I'd probably like it more if I could understand more than the "hey, hey, hey" part. Oh well, the album should probably be better overall, especially looking at the list of people on it.... yes
I guess when you look at it from a business perspective, this is a Japan only release.  So doing it in only Japanese is a no brainer.  Then give them a B-side of a classic GNR song to help entice them.  Even though it's an AWFUL version, they won't know any better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #1159 on: November 10, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »

Sahara isn't bad; nothing spectacular, but catchy.  PC is certainly not as good as the classic original, but I at least like that he took it in a different direction.  I expect there to be some stronger songs on the album.  I'd still bet that Slash has a single or two that really catch on and get pretty good airplay...
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: