Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428363 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: November 01, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »

Up for pre-order on eBay...

SLASH "SAHARA" JAPAN 2-TRACK CD SINGLE GUNS N' ROSES

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLASH-SAHARA-JAPAN-2-TRACK-CD-SINGLE-GUNS-N-ROSES_W0QQitemZ150384417783QQcategoryZ307QQcmdZViewItem?amp;toolid=10013&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FSLASH-SAHARA-JAPAN-2-TRACK-CD-SINGLE-GUNS-N-ROSES_W0QQitemZ150384417783QQcategoryZ307QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:26:14 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1081 on: November 01, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »

Price seems a little steep for my liking.  $25 for 2 songs.  I think I could wait for the album and spend half that amount for the whole thing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1082 on: November 02, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »

you can't make a judgement on that!  rofl   its so funny watching these slash fans cream their pants over small bits of background music.
It's not a judgement, just what we think about what we heard.  What the fuck is wrong with you?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1083 on: November 02, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »

I'm going to be playing some songs from my new solo cd for a few select people

The sun is actually shining in London this am

about 2 hours ago from Facebook

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1084 on: November 02, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

It sounded okay, but... Well, it wasn't very clear so I'll wait for the song itself.

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1085 on: November 02, 2009, 03:01:22 PM »

Man, blabbermouth stole the youtube link that I found first! hihi

Bravewords picked-up the story...you're everywhere. Cheesy

SLASH Talks About New 'Sahara' Single; Video Available

http://www.bravewords.com/news/125367

And I wonder if this means we will now hear a little more from the album.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1086 on: November 03, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »

SLASH Signs European Deal With ROADRUNNER RECORDS - Nov. 3, 2009

Roadrunner Records has announced the signing of legendary VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for the forthcoming European release of his debut solo album in spring 2010.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129738

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1087 on: November 03, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »

Classic Rock

Slash and Roadrunner have also partnered up with our friends over at Classic Rock magazine for a rather innovative industry first. The album will be preceded by a Fan Pack, bundled together with a special collectable issue of Classic Rock. That's your chance to own the album four weeks before its official release!

Track-by-track review

And that's not all: as we type, two of MusicRadar's intrepid reporters are listening to the album and questioning the top hat-wearing monster of rock. We'll be posting the interview, exclusive video and a track-by-track album walkthrough from Slash himself as soon as possible. Watch this space?

MusicRadar

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1088 on: November 03, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »

Classic Rock

Slash and Roadrunner have also partnered up with our friends over at Classic Rock magazine for a rather innovative industry first. The album will be preceded by a Fan Pack, bundled together with a special collectable issue of Classic Rock. That's your chance to own the album four weeks before its official release!

Track-by-track review

And that's not all: as we type, two of MusicRadar's intrepid reporters are listening to the album and questioning the top hat-wearing monster of rock. We'll be posting the interview, exclusive video and a track-by-track album walkthrough from Slash himself as soon as possible. Watch this space?

MusicRadar

Saweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Release date on the horizon!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1089 on: November 03, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »

Great.. i can't wait to find out the track list and who is singing on each track.  should be a gem
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1090 on: November 04, 2009, 02:35:12 AM »

# Recording the final track for my record tomorrow, finally. Record will be completely done this month.

about 4 hours ago from Facebook

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1091 on: November 04, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »

Signing with roadrunner? Think he might've shot himself in the foot with that one, since those guys are notorious for not doing any promo for their artists.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1092 on: November 04, 2009, 07:34:29 AM »

Signing with roadrunner? Think he might've shot himself in the foot with that one, since those guys are notorious for not doing any promo for their artists.

You've obviously never heard of Slipknot, Nickelback, Machine Head, Killswitch Engage, Stone Sour, Trivium, Black Stone Cherry or any of those other Roadrunner bands that have some of the best promotion in the rock/metal world.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1093 on: November 04, 2009, 08:41:03 AM »

You've obviously never heard of Slipknot, Nickelback, Machine Head, Killswitch Engage, Stone Sour, Trivium, Black Stone Cherry or any of those other Roadrunner bands that have some of the best promotion in the rock/metal world.
there's also a couple of bands that left roadrunner 'cause they didn't help with the promotion at all
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1094 on: November 04, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »

It says a "European Deal", would he have a different record company for North America?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1095 on: November 04, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »

there's also a couple of bands that left roadrunner 'cause they didn't help with the promotion at all

This is true... Jerry Cantrell is one of the artists who left the label because of that.  I'm pretty sure they'll put some effort into promoting a Slash album, though.  Could be wrong, of course.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1096 on: November 04, 2009, 08:56:42 AM »

Slash "wanted to get Jack White" on his solo album

Wed 4 Nov 2009

The star tells all to MusicRadar

Slash's eponymous solo album will be released early in 2010 on Roadrunner, with Classic Rock magazine set to bundle the CD with a special collectible issue a full four weeks before it is available online or in record stores.

We spoke to Slash yesterday following the Classic Rock Awards and heard the album, but for now our lips are sealed. We can tell you that the supporting cast of guest musicians is very impressive indeed, and includes rock legends, pop starlets and some genuine surprises. But not Jack White.

Slash told us: "I wanted to get Jack White to sing on something, but he didn't want to sing. He said I'll play drums, I'll play guitar, but I don't wanna sing. He was one guy that I wanted to work with. Pretty much everyone else that I went after I managed to get."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1097 on: November 04, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »

Classic Rock Announces Unique Tie-In With Slash

04/11/2009

Classic Rock has teamed up with Slash and Roadrunner Records to release the guitar legend?s new album via a unique ?fan pack?.

This will be the first format of Slash?s album available anywhere in the world.

Although Slash has signed to Roadrunner Records for Europe, his album will be available initially through Classic Rock.

In a brand new concept in record distribution the standard album release in spring 2010 will be preceded by a ?fan pack? in which the Roadrunner album will be bundled together with a highly collectible special issue of Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash?s career.

Produced by Eric Valentine, the record is expected to titled simply Slash.

It features a veritable who?s who from the rock world. Nine Inch Nails drummer Josh Freese and ex-Jane?s Addiction bassist Chris Chaney are the resident rhythm section.

There are also guest appearances on vocals from Ozzy Osbourne, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, Fergie from The Black Eyed Peas and Chris Cornell. Others playing on it are Dave Grohl,  Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and one-time Guns n? Roses drummer Steven Adler.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1098 on: November 04, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »

This is true... Jerry Cantrell is one of the artists who left the label because of that.  I'm pretty sure they'll put some effort into promoting a Slash album, though.  Could be wrong, of course.

Artists always blame lack of promotion from the record company when their album tanks. Dave Mustaine just did the same thing with Roadrunner. They must do some promotion. How else do you explain shitty ass Nickelback selling so many records?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1099 on: November 04, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »

In the case of Jerry Cantrell, I think it was justified.  Considering he made it clear he needed a tour to be able to promote the record, and they refused to fund one, instead putting him in the opening slot of a Nickelback tour as a "compromise".
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: