Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429019 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #940 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »

not really.   Slash isn't in GnR (this is a GnR board), so you can't expect everyone here to be down with what he's doing.

Still baffles me how you spend a good deal of your time in the VR section.  a band you obviously hate. 
Go discuss the canada tour maybe?
Maybe he keeps doing it because he gets a rise out of some of you.  Some people never fail to jump all over him when he pipes in with his opinion.  Maybe if you ignored him, he'd go away.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, I wouldn't take it too personally.

With this dudes mentality, wondering if he'd be down with Axl if he quite GNR?? Just cause Slash isn't in GNR anymore, He's still SLASH for fucks sake, how down were you with the original GNR ? if you stop liking a member based on them not being in the band anymore, you obviuosly weren't into them that much as individuals from the beginning, unlike most of us TRUE GNR fan board members who still enjoy what they have to offer musically.
Yeah but you have to see where he's coming from.  There are plenty of people out there who will stick up for Slash till their dying day and hate what GNR have become without him and don't fail to let that be known.  That gets extremely annoying, hence the volatile reactions.  If there wasn't a pro-Slash movement there wouldn't be the defending of Axl and the putting down of Slash.  But it exists, so we have to deal with it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #941 on: October 24, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »

Pro Slahs movement?  Are you serious?  He gets attacked because his name isn't Robin Finck and because Axl said he was a cancer. Many fans felt they had to choose sides. Faldor is more of an Axlite and its obvious by reading most of his posts. I don't think there is a Slash movment, but just those that like him better in GNR than some of the current guys.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #942 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:21 AM »

He gets attacked because his name isn't Robin Finck and because Axl said he was a cancer. Many fans felt they had to choose sides.

Maybe the music he put out since GN'R hasn't been up to the quality some fans expected of him?

Maybe some of the choices he's made make certain fans question him?

Is that possible? Is it possible that some fans might think he's "over saturating the market" with his public appearances?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #943 on: October 25, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »

Pro Slahs movement?  Are you serious?  He gets attacked because his name isn't Robin Finck and because Axl said he was a cancer. Many fans felt they had to choose sides. Faldor is more of an Axlite and its obvious by reading most of his posts. I don't think there is a Slash movment, but just those that like him better in GNR than some of the current guys.
I actually support both guys.  But Axl has never released anything I didn't like.  I can't say the same for Slash.  Anyhow, there are people who prefer Slash and defend him by putting down Axl.  And vice versa.  That's pretty clear, not sure you can deny that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #944 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »

I actually support both guys.  But Axl has never released anything I didn't like.  I can't say the same for Slash.  Anyhow, there are people who prefer Slash and defend him by putting down Axl.  And vice versa.  That's pretty clear, not sure you can deny that.

No, you cannot deny that.  Both extremes on both sides with bash Slash or Axl to prove a point.  And Jarmo, the quality thing, that can be said about both Axl and Slash, both are FAR removed from their glory days in early GNR.  Slash was hated among some long before he was making all of these appearances.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #945 on: October 25, 2009, 02:41:44 PM »

nah, people don't like Slash because Axl don't like Slash and vice versa.

I don't think it has anything to do with anything else.

I don't care if Slash never records another riff, the brilliance he did in GNR should make someone a fan for life but because Axl blasted him, fans feel they have to choose.

I just refuse... however

This forum was very pro VR and Slash for a very long time until around the Behind The Music thing and Axl gave an interview and then it went to anti slash very fast.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:43:25 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #946 on: October 25, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »

not really.   Slash isn't in GnR (this is a GnR board), so you can't expect everyone here to be down with what he's doing.

Still baffles me how you spend a good deal of your time in the VR section.  a band you obviously hate. 
Go discuss the canada tour maybe?
Maybe he keeps doing it because he gets a rise out of some of you.  Some people never fail to jump all over him when he pipes in with his opinion.  Maybe if you ignored him, he'd go away.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, I wouldn't take it too personally.

With this dudes mentality, wondering if he'd be down with Axl if he quite GNR?? Just cause Slash isn't in GNR anymore, He's still SLASH for fucks sake, how down were you with the original GNR ? if you stop liking a member based on them not being in the band anymore, you obviuosly weren't into them that much as individuals from the beginning, unlike most of us TRUE GNR fan board members who still enjoy what they have to offer musically.
Yeah but you have to see where he's coming from.  There are plenty of people out there who will stick up for Slash till their dying day and hate what GNR have become without him and don't fail to let that be known.  That gets extremely annoying, hence the volatile reactions.  If there wasn't a pro-Slash movement there wouldn't be the defending of Axl and the putting down of Slash.  But it exists, so we have to deal with it.

exactly.  otherwise i'd just be more indifferent on slash. 

and no D, i dont base my opinions on other people's opinions. Axl's opinions aren't my opinions.   Nice try  ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #947 on: October 25, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

Well Robin's not in the band either and have I stopped being a fan of his?  Never would.

You are a slashite, but you know what?  if you like Slash better in GnR, we don't care, its old news.   These days its about the current lineup and no amount of whining from your side is going to change anything.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #948 on: October 25, 2009, 04:24:49 PM »

I try to be neutral.  I have had my problems with Axl too, but I'm over it and I realize he is just doing what he needs to do given the circumstances.  I also try to be cool about Slash, but I can see some of what Axl was talking about, especially from me being a VR fan.  I got into them cuz of Scott, but became a fan of the other guys too.  I tried to still be a fan after Scott left, but it turned into this whole thing where Slash would badmouth Scott any chance he'd get in order to promote his new album.   It turned into this whole thing like "Oh I hated being in VR I was never happy, everything was Scott's fault"  and then I start to feel like, "well then why was I supporting you in this band?"  He does the same thing towards Axl too.  Of course I don't hate Slash, and I wish him no harm.  I'll still buy his new album but it will be mostly for the guest apperances, and I'm kind of expecting it to be somewhat of a novelty.   At the end of the day, it is just music and nothing to get too worked up over.   
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #949 on: October 25, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »

I try to be neutral.  I have had my problems with Axl too, but I'm over it and I realize he is just doing what he needs to do given the circumstances.  I also try to be cool about Slash, but I can see some of what Axl was talking about, especially from me being a VR fan.  I got into them cuz of Scott, but became a fan of the other guys too.  I tried to still be a fan after Scott left, but it turned into this whole thing where Slash would badmouth Scott any chance he'd get in order to promote his new album.   It turned into this whole thing like "Oh I hated being in VR I was never happy, everything was Scott's fault"  and then I start to feel like, "well then why was I supporting you in this band?"  He does the same thing towards Axl too.  Of course I don't hate Slash, and I wish him no harm.  I'll still buy his new album but it will be mostly for the guest apperances, and I'm kind of expecting it to be somewhat of a novelty.   At the end of the day, it is just music and nothing to get too worked up over.   

I love STP.   But wait, I'm supposed to hate them because Scott said stupid shit about Axl right?  Tongue

Makes no difference in the music really.   And if VR would have been half the band STP was, I'd of liked their music too!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #950 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »

I just try to be honest either way

when Slash does shit I hate like Pussycat doll shit or Fergie, I call him out on it   when Axl is doing stuff i don't agree with, I will call him on that.

Either way, i try to be objective and honest both ways.

The Slash interview bashing Scott made my blame meter for the breakup tilt more in Slash's direction and after Axl's homework chat... I now side more with axl on the breakup

still doesn't change the fact Slash is my fave guitar player ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #951 on: October 25, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »

I just try to be honest either way

when Slash does shit I hate like Pussycat doll shit or Fergie, I call him out on it   when Axl is doing stuff i don't agree with, I will call him on that.

Either way, i try to be objective and honest both ways.

The Slash interview bashing Scott made my blame meter for the breakup tilt more in Slash's direction and after Axl's homework chat... I now side more with axl on the breakup

still doesn't change the fact Slash is my fave guitar player ever.
I watched "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic last night and they did an interview with Matt Sorum.  They asked him 10 questions, most of which were stupid.  But they asked him who the toughest person he ever had to work with was.  He tried to dodge the question and said he didn't want to get himself in trouble, but he finally settled on Scott Weiland.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #952 on: October 26, 2009, 04:02:05 AM »

I watched "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic last night and they did an interview with Matt Sorum.  They asked him 10 questions, most of which were stupid.  But they asked him who the toughest person he ever had to work with was.  He tried to dodge the question and said he didn't want to get himself in trouble, but he finally settled on Scott Weiland.

Axl and scott are probably both hard to work with but...  Axl delivers real quality so is worth any headache.   hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #953 on: October 26, 2009, 04:16:26 AM »

Well Robin's not in the band either and have I stopped being a fan of his?  Never would.

If Axl came out and said he hated Robin for leaving GNR right before CD was released, im sure we'd see more Robin hating on here  ok
Although maybe some hate Slash cos he is a threat?
He has the potential to upstage and outsell Axl Huh
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:26:53 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #954 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:05 AM »

If Axl came out and said he hated Robin for leaving GNR right before CD was released, im sure we'd see more Robin hating on here  ok
Although maybe some hate Slash cos he is a threat?
He has the potential to upstage and outsell Axl Huh

really, are u that dumb? you're talking like slash haven't done anything bad but left GNR.. it's probably the best for everyone that he left the band 13-14 years ago(!) if people hate slash it's not because axl do, it's first and foremost because of what slash himself have done..

so to say that people would hate robin if axl said he did, that's crazy.. only the phonies would, i sure wouldn't hate him, i just think he made a stupid choice leaving when he did, but i don't dislike him and now we got a new guitarplayer that seems to be pretty fucking good, maybe it's just like when slash left, it got better

and about the threat thing, really? do you like anybody less if they sell more records then axl? although he doesn't really have the potential, if so he have been pretty bad at showing it since he left gnr and i guess he would only sell more since he sells out to everything he can

all this said I hope his record will be fucking awesome
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #955 on: October 26, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

maybe it's just like when slash left, it got better

Guns is better without Slash?

Im a fan of CD an all but GNR have a bit to do before i can say they're better than the old band.

And by that i simply mean, keeping a line up of Guns intact for a period of time, releasing some singles/videos, completing some more awesome tours and albums
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:24:40 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #956 on: October 26, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »

I'm not saying the music got better, I meant that it seemed like axl and slash in the later years were more destructive then creative.. them 2 together got nowhere in the later years, so yeah it got better
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #957 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »

I'm not saying the music got better, I meant that it seemed like axl and slash in the later years were more destructive then creative.. them 2 together got nowhere in the later years, so yeah it got better

Cant disagree with that!  Smiley

if you listen to say Contraband and then CD, its so clear that them 2 were going in very different directions.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #958 on: October 26, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »

Im a fan of CD an all but GNR have a bit to do before i can say they're better than the old band.

And by that i simply mean, keeping a line up of Guns intact for a period of time, releasing some singles/videos, completing some more awesome tours and albums

Maybe you should go see a show before you mouth off about stuff you have no idea about?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #959 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »

Maybe you should go see a show before you mouth off about stuff you have no idea about?

ive seen Guns on tour already, thanks  ok

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: