Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:36:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429034 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #920 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »

wonda if he's releasing a canada only single featuring a canadian singer. a GN'R cover on the b side of course.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #921 on: October 18, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »

wonda if he's releasing a canada only single featuring a canadian singer. a GN'R cover on the b side of course.

Now that would just be weird.  hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #922 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »

# Finishing Mixing #8 today, moving on to #9. Solo record is coming along nicely, I'm pretty stoked.

about 1 hour ago from Facebook

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #923 on: October 20, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »

Wolfmother record with 'iconic' Slash

Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Andrew Stockdale, lead singer of Melbourne rockers Wolfmother, has recorded a track with ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.

The song will be included on Slash's forthcoming debut solo album tentatively scheduled for release by the end of 2009.

Stockdale, who lends his vocals to the untitled song has described its sound as "relentless".

He added: "He [Slash] is an iconic figure in rock 'n' roll history. I thought, 'It's an honour'."
Star collaboration

Explaining about how the collaboration came about Stockdale said: "At the start of the year Slash contacted my manager and asked if I was interested in singing on his record.

"Maybe because I've got that old school delivery it matches what he was trying to do.

"Guns N' Roses in the 90s they brought back in the danger in rock 'n' roll."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10000000/newsid_10002400/10002459.stm

Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »

I don't get some people.... slash re records a classic song with some pop star, people don't complain. But when Axl re-recorded Appetite with the new band to gel them together people moan and say Axl a douche etc  rant 

This solo album makes me more sick then the chris cornell solo with timberland.

Thanks Giant Robot...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #925 on: October 21, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »

Have you heard it yet  Huh 
Then don't judge.

If it makes you SO sick, don't read about it, im sure we'd prefer to discuss it without you  ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #926 on: October 21, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »

Then don't judge.

If it makes you SO sick, don't read about it, im sure we'd prefer to discuss it without you  ok
No not yet !!
I was gonna give it a go, but after seeing the b-side Paradise City w fergie..... i thought that was a sign what is this album is gonna be that when i made my judgement.

Pretty sure you would love to discuss Slash solo album with people who think the same way... but this discussion board and i am offering a different point of view, not everyone can be nicey nice about what other people love. 

Thanks Giant Robot...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #927 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »

No not yet !!
I was gonna give it a go, but after seeing the b-side Paradise City w fergie..... i thought that was a sign what is this album is gonna be that when i made my judgement.

Pretty sure you would love to discuss Slash solo album with people who think the same way... but this discussion board and i am offering a different point of view, not everyone can be nicey nice about what other people love. 

But PC is going to be a Japanese B-side, nothing to do with the album. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #928 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:14 AM »

Then don't judge.

No not yet !!

beer Wish it worked like that on all the boards on here! But all is well , you can't have a discussion with many people who have the same mind set. Variety is always a good thing on any topic. I completely see where these people are coming from as well.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #929 on: October 21, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »

Wish it worked like that on all the boards on here!

Yep, 2 different sets of rules  hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #930 on: October 21, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »

Wish it worked like that on all the boards on here!

Yep, 2 different sets of rules  hihi

not really.   Slash isn't in GnR (this is a GnR board), so you can't expect everyone here to be down with what he's doing.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #931 on: October 21, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »

And thank Gawd he's not releasing it under the Gn'R name, and that none of the VR's material was either for that matter.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #932 on: October 21, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

If he truly is re recording it, he should've tried to get Adam Lambert. That would've been interesting.

You're not helping this thread in any way. hihi
Agreed wtf was that guy thinking???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #933 on: October 22, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »

I forgot he posted this...

# Recording vocals today for the one cover song on the record.

9:52 AM Jul 21st from txt

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #934 on: October 22, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »

I know Adam Lambert was on AI and that is the most uncool show on TV, but did u hear his LZ cover? Jesus Christ or his Queen cover?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #935 on: October 22, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »

I know Adam Lambert was on AI and that is the most uncool show on TV, but did u hear his LZ cover? Jesus Christ or his Queen cover?

Yes, unfortunately I did.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #936 on: October 22, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

O my god hes the anti Christ hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #937 on: October 23, 2009, 03:38:04 AM »

not really.   Slash isn't in GnR (this is a GnR board), so you can't expect everyone here to be down with what he's doing.

Still baffles me how you spend a good deal of your time in the VR section.  a band you obviously hate. 
Go discuss the canada tour maybe?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #938 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Still baffles me how you spend a good deal of your time in the VR section.  a band you obviously hate. 
Maybe he keeps doing it because he gets a rise out of some of you.  Some people never fail to jump all over him when he pipes in with his opinion.  Maybe if you ignored him, he'd go away.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, I wouldn't take it too personally.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #939 on: October 24, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

Maybe he keeps doing it because he gets a rise out of some of you.  Some people never fail to jump all over him when he pipes in with his opinion.  Maybe if you ignored him, he'd go away.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, I wouldn't take it too personally.

With this dudes mentality, wondering if he'd be down with Axl if he quite GNR?? Just cause Slash isn't in GNR anymore, He's still SLASH for fucks sake, how down were you with the original GNR ? if you stop liking a member based on them not being in the band anymore, you obviuosly weren't into them that much as individuals from the beginning, unlike most of us TRUE GNR fan board members who still enjoy what they have to offer musically.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: